Login

russian armor

Conscript PTRS Package

5 Apr 2016, 21:33 PM

Hey guys, quick question. I wanted to know how good the Conscript PTRSs (from the Tank Hunters Commander) are, in particular against infantry. Guards PTRSs are actually pretty effective at sniping the odd model every now and then, but I know that the Conscript version uses different stats. Is it similar, or pretty much useless like the old Guard PTRSs. Basically, if I upgrade Cons with PTRSs, am I gimping their anti-infantry?

I'd appreciate opinions based on experience, not just the weapon stats
6 Apr 2016, 12:33 PM

I tried the commander out after I got it dropped and honestly, no, Cons still suck with it, in general they just have such a low accuracy and such a low damage output, those rifles don't make them any better, also the Commander has no call-in infantry, means you are stuck with Cons, which can work against Wehrmacht but against OKW you are just lost.

Currently I just stick to Guards, they seem to do the job just great and try to skip Cons completely, especially since there's such a high cost involved to even make good use of them, 250MP and 40 fuel for stupid basic stuff everyone else gets way cheaper, for infantry that just sucks at almost anything without the PPSH upgrade.
The PTRS also costs almost as much as the AI upgrade for Guards just making it obsolete imo.
You can try it out against Wehr though, if you're okay with not having any other infantry options, good luck!
7 Apr 2016, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2016, 12:33 PMTasty
I tried the commander out after I got it dropped and honestly, no, Cons still suck with it, in general they just have such a low accuracy and such a low damage output, those rifles don't make them any better, also the Commander has no call-in infantry, means you are stuck with Cons, which can work against Wehrmacht but against OKW you are just lost.

Currently I just stick to Guards, they seem to do the job just great and try to skip Cons completely, especially since there's such a high cost involved to even make good use of them, 250MP and 40 fuel for stupid basic stuff everyone else gets way cheaper, for infantry that just sucks at almost anything without the PPSH upgrade.
The PTRS also costs almost as much as the AI upgrade for Guards just making it obsolete imo.
You can try it out against Wehr though, if you're okay with not having any other infantry options, good luck!

I have had this commander work incredibly well. Like having 4 vet 2 con squads before 10 minutes which turns into 4 vet 3 con squads by 15 minutes which means gren squads being eaten alive.

It is rare though.

Also very muni hungry.
aaa
7 Apr 2016, 16:56 PM

its garbage. i had a lot of exp back in a days of ptrs patch when it was viable doc. Now it makes ai capabilities even worse
7 Apr 2016, 17:25 PM
Donator 11

I wouldnt say its making cons worse in AI. In fact they gain a buff to pure dps. Problem is that they need to stop to shoot ptrs, just like they would with lmg. So they suck on approach. Once they close the distance ptrs is like shotgun. It needs further testing but I belive they should work well if you use lots of urah ability. Long, also called attack move, range is simply not optimal for them since the changes.
7 Apr 2016, 17:59 PM

I'm pretty sure the 'Scipt PTRS is the same as Guards - it is indeed a buff to pure DPS but you run into several problems.

1. What Feriner said - you can't use them on the move and by nature Cons want to close distance to Grens. PTRS Cons slugging it out with a LMG42 Gren at range isn't good for you.

2. Guards are overall better units if you want AI which...

3. Come in arguably better Commanders. - in most cases you're better off getting a commander that has T-85s or ISU152 + Mark Vehicle. Tank Hunter's grenades and bombing run don't really measure up. (Though the Engineer salvage is REALLY good).

I could maybe see Tank Hunters being good vs. massive 222/ StuG-E spam or a OKW player who is trying to cheese you with multiple Luches but picking the commander for just the PTRS Package isn't really your best bet in most cases.
7 Apr 2016, 18:35 PM

I could maybe see Tank Hunters being good vs. massive 222/ StuG-E spam or a OKW player who is trying to cheese you with multiple Luches but picking the commander for just the PTRS Package isn't really your best bet in most cases.

Pretty much this.

The bombing run is great on okw retreat point.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★