Login

russian armor

Let's scale poor Conscripts!

30 Mar 2016, 12:05 PM

There's at least one more Soviet T34 commander that's in the works (a few threads already on this). I think there's another too but I can't remember which faction.

The commander with T34-85 Ace and T34 ? its 1.5 years old and never seen the day
30 Mar 2016, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 12:05 PMBlalord

The commander with T34-85 Ace and T34 ? its 1.5 years old and never seen the day

Also don't forget Ostheer's Elite Armor, Urban Warfare, Soviet Not one step back.

And this ofc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtDNG3nJPL8
30 Mar 2016, 12:09 PM

they should be cheaper, its supposed they should work in number>quality, but they cant do that since they are almost as expensive as grenadiers
30 Mar 2016, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 12:05 PMBlalord

It's that old? Well, it did appear again in this thread from late last year, and the other commanders have since been released. I for one still have hope. Unless you know something I don't know. Which I don't know.
30 Mar 2016, 12:28 PM

give them a proper weapon upgrade and maybe throw speed of molly
30 Mar 2016, 13:08 PM

Conscripts are fine. Mkay.
30 Mar 2016, 14:15 PM

Only Problem i have is when I play the early game badly and cant accumulate enough vet.once your opponent infantry has vet superiority there is almost no way to catch up with conscript and they remain useless all game. When they hit vet 3 they are really stronk in their purpose
30 Mar 2016, 17:03 PM

Conscipts are fine - they are quite durable at Vet 3 and with upgrades have a lot of utility. On maps with close quarters fighting PPSH upgrades can be rather nasty. That being said when (if) Relic every releases new commanders for the vanilla factions I think an ability to upgrade 'scripts with a single DP would be a nice touch.

Other than that my simple suggestion is to use Oorah more often, its one of my favorite things about Soviets as it can be a real engagement winner to close distance, rush for cover, or just flanking in general. That and plant random Trip Flare mines while capping... the MP bleed adds up and the recon is always helpful.
30 Mar 2016, 17:23 PM

Conscripts are fine. Mkay.

More like Maxim makes better frontline troops than cons, cons is there for AT-nade and recrew weapons, nobody use them for fighting.
30 Mar 2016, 17:34 PM

Cons are mostly fine but the truth is, they serve little purpose in late game agasint vetted LMG Grens, Fusiliers, Falchs or Jaegers
30 Mar 2016, 17:58 PM

Did I miss something?

How Vet3 Cons are quite durable when their Veterancy, according to in-game tooltip, gives only offensive bonuses and Vet3 in particular increases weapon accuracy and mobility?

No matter what, the late game units like Grens w/ LMG, Falschimjaegers, Obers etc etc deal really heavy damage to Cons, even at Vet3.
30 Mar 2016, 18:36 PM

Conscripts are not fine. They are very bad in dealing damage, specially in late. And no, they have nothing I need. AT nade is bad, Faust is 10 times better, anti-garrison nade is worst grenade in game, flare mines nobody use, really, cheap pirce should not be excuse of uselessness of unit, close combat is poor because of lowest rate of fire in game. So yes, Im still complaining.

Other options? Which are? Penals - unit with no purpouse, just a little better than Cons. And doctrinal infantry can't change mainlines.

It is clear you want something like Volks. Maybe SU isn't the faction for you.
You most likely use Conscripts wrong.
Every time I throw the AT grenade the vehicle gets snared.
Every time I throw a molotov the garrison empties.
Flare mines always reward me kills. A guaranteed model kill for 10mu ... how can this be bad?
They win in close quarters against both Volks and Grens.

If you really don't want to play with conscripts, which is understandable, you can make a mainline with call-in infantry, guards will do just fine, or even mix in some shocktroops, or just play the others two factions available to you, their mainline infantry can blob pretty nice, like Volks do.
30 Mar 2016, 18:39 PM

Cons are fine.

/thread
30 Mar 2016, 18:40 PM

Cons are fine. The soviet's only real issue is the Penal squad not complimenting Cons as they should.
30 Mar 2016, 18:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 17:58 PMisoul
Did I miss something?

How Vet3 Cons are quite durable when their Veterancy, according to in-game tooltip, gives only offensive bonuses and Vet3 in particular increases weapon accuracy and mobility?

Don't trust the in-game tooltips, they are usually outdated. Most unit's veterancy has changed at some point.

https://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide
30 Mar 2016, 18:52 PM

Cons are mostly fine but the truth is, they serve little purpose in late game agasint vetted LMG Grens, Fusiliers, Falchs or Jaegers

Conscripts are there to protect your damage dealing units and snare enemy tanks. They do this exceptionally well with having sandbags, oorah, AT nades and merge.

If conscripts were to receive buffs that let them straight up win late-game firefights against axis troops, then their survivability and unparalleled utility can't be justified.
30 Mar 2016, 19:02 PM

A single DP mg upgrade for 75 mun unlock at tier 4 would sure as hell make me feel a lot better about not picking a doc that has to have special troops. Other then that a nice Volks nerf OR (and much perfered) remove shreck would balance out infantry combat.
30 Mar 2016, 19:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Conscripts are there to protect your damage dealing units and snare enemy tanks. They do this exceptionally well with having sandbags, oorah, AT nades and merge.

Ergo, buff Penals.
30 Mar 2016, 19:54 PM

Replace their vet 3 with half reinforcement cost and if possible reduce the amount of vet the enemy gets (at vet 3). Makes them expendable, boosts usefulness of merge, gives the illusion of limitless soviet manpower, makes it so relic can continue pretending that that the manpower costs of soviet cheap (read useless) non doc stuff is.
30 Mar 2016, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2016, 19:02 PMGenObi
A single DP mg upgrade for 75 mun unlock at tier 4 would sure as hell make me feel a lot better about not picking a doc that has to have special troops. Other then that a nice Volks nerf OR (and much perfered) remove shreck would balance out infantry combat.

just nerf volks period, for cost they are ridiculously overperforming z_z
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS