Login

russian armor

Idea for Penals

PAGES (10)down
8 Apr 2016, 02:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 00:24 AMMyself

I did not claim that Penal should be weak. I don't even think that they are actually weak, I have even seen games be won with an early aggressive use of them against OKW trucks...

And that is why I have suggested that one should not try to fix them only by boosting their DPS, and should also get more abilities/utility...

It is an idea worth trying, so give them Gaurds Mosin that have 1.4 far DPS instead of giving them 6 weapon that will be superior in all ranges and will allow them to bit G43 grenadier (at all ranges)and even win against PG and SP...The problem is not that they will have to much DPS far but that they will have too much DPS in all ranges, axis units should be able to have an advantage at some range

You can probably test it in miragelfa's mod it has numbers that are that high if I remember correctly

R.E. or assault engineers not riflemen...Any one buying a flamer will actually see a drop in damage against target further than 20. Is there any real point in debating flamers? Penal currently can fight infatry but their kit of flamers and satchel charges makes the unit excel in clearing garrison fighting units in heavy cover and blowing up buildings...

this is getting nowhere. If we can't even agree on the most basic point that penals are weak there's really no point in going forward.
8 Apr 2016, 06:48 AM

He says he didn't claimed that he wants penals weak, while suggesting making osttruppen out of them while conscripts already are osttruppen.

He can't even agree with himself and you expect him to agree with anyone else?

He has set his mind before joining the thread, no amount of reason or logic will get to him, he is terrified of the penal buff and will do everything he can to prevent it and nothing will change that.
8 Apr 2016, 07:10 AM

Maybe give them another upgrade? Like either 2 flamethrowers or the ability to lay mines, maybe a wirecutter(but no minesweeper, they're penals after all OpieOP)

I think we really can go in any direction with them.
8 Apr 2016, 07:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 07:10 AMDomine
Maybe give them another upgrade? Like either 2 flamethrowers or the ability to lay mines, maybe a wirecutter(but no minesweeper, they're penals after all OpieOP)

I think we really can go in any direction with them.

So we can't we go in the obvious direction of simply increasing long range DPS, therefore giving it unique role within the army while keeping all the dependencies and synergies between tiers and cons?
8 Apr 2016, 07:28 AM

Yeah sure we can. There's so much we can do to them. But I always wanted Soviets to have upgrades. Why not both?
8 Apr 2016, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 07:28 AMDomine
Yeah sure we can. There's so much we can do to them. But I always wanted Soviets to have upgrades. Why not both?

Shameless plug

Moddy mod
8 Apr 2016, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 07:28 AMDomine
But I always wanted Soviets to have upgrades. Why not both?

So did I, but given relic willingness to actually go for changes like that is close to zero, I prefer to give out suggestions that are easy to implement and therefore in realm of possibilities.

I would LOVE to have T3 side upgrade for either PPSH or PTRS, but relic is unwilling to do that or to even consider fixing old doctrines. Soviet industry for example got buff exclusively because of meta doctrines and their resources related abilities.
8 Apr 2016, 10:03 AM

He says he didn't claimed that he wants penals weak, while suggesting making osttruppen out of them while conscripts already are osttruppen.

He can't even agree with himself and you expect him to agree with anyone else?

He has set his mind before joining the thread, no amount of reason or logic will get to him, he is terrified of the penal buff and will do everything he can to prevent it and nothing will change that.

Just because you Katitof think a certain way (Buff Allies nerf Axis) does mean that everyone else does the same also.

You are even using absurd claims like "Conscript already are Osttruppen" to claim that others are funboys while you are a funboy yourself. Osttruppen are one of the most cost efficient unit wer has and it is being used even at high level regularly, on the other hand you claim that no one use Conscript so there are no similarities even according to you, other than both being 6 men squad and having a tank snare...

It was also you that had your mind set up before joining this thread and no amount of reason or logic may get to you. This is what you wrote and it clearly shows that you have you mind made up before joining the thread and you want listen to reason:
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 16:15 PMKatitof
Long range DPS from 4 to 8.
Done, unit fixed.
Nothing more is needed, no big changes, no new abilities, no vet changes.
Just this simple change gives them new utility without impacting their intended role of mid range squad.

In other word stop accusing others of what you yourself actually do all the time. If being a funboy according to you is bad thing stop being one. If not listen to others is bad thing, stop acting like what you suggest is the best and only solution out there.
8 Apr 2016, 10:15 AM

this is getting nowhere. If we can't even agree on the most basic point that penals are weak there's really no point in going forward.

Penal will win against axis mainline infatry at mid range (as they should considering their cost), Penal with flamers will win via attrition vs the more expensive PG and SP.
The also have more EHP then most stock units so yea I don't see how they are currently weak. The are not cost effective, and going T1 just to get them is not worth it in most cases, but that is another story...
10 Apr 2016, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 16:15 PMKatitof
Long range DPS from 4 to 8.
Done, unit fixed.

Nothing more is needed, no big changes, no new abilities, no vet changes.

Just this simple change gives them new utility without impacting their intended role of mid range squad.

Basically makes them Rifles who don't scale as well, but work in contrast of soviet army.

@Aus

Not really, they'd synergise with cons well, they'd be usable from long range and wouldn't have to pretty much always commit to running YOLO to get into range where they actually do anything, they also deal 8 dmg, so they are not bursty at all and most importantly, they would not overlap with cons and CEs.

penals still suffer from T1 being a shitty tier to go. scout cars can't really operate vs weh and has a small window vs okw where they don't have AT. No one really goes snipers. Cons outshine penals due to being basic cheap inf with their utility, such as sandbags and AT nades. If you want elite inf, call in guards would be better.

Some penal buffs would help but T1 as a whole needs to be buffed as well as nerfing weh's unkillable sniper. Hard to go expensive elite inf when the sniper slowly bleeds you down
10 Apr 2016, 17:47 PM

penals still suffer from T1 being a shitty tier to go. scout cars can't really operate vs weh and has a small window vs okw where they don't have AT. No one really goes snipers. Cons outshine penals due to being basic cheap inf with their utility, such as sandbags and AT nades. If you want elite inf, call in guards would be better.

Some penal buffs would help but T1 as a whole needs to be buffed as well as nerfing weh's unkillable sniper. Hard to go expensive elite inf when the sniper slowly bleeds you down

Soviet t1 needs some sort of counter to Wehr sniper I agree, something with similar (if not identical) range, same cost too I suppose and if we are going that far already why not make it insta kill models as well? It would have to fire slower to account for smaller Wehr squads so maybe give it an extra man to compensate? That would also mean the Wehr sniper couldn't insta counter it! This I feel would make a great counter (if not the definitive counter) to the Wehr sniper. But since I dont think relic will add another unit to t1 I guess you will need to use the Soviet sniper team
12 Apr 2016, 14:48 PM

The Soviet Sniper team is amazingly terrible at countering German snipers, especially considering their terrible cloak time and that there's two of them that need to be in cover.

A german sniper can also one shot sniper teams with incendiary rounds.
12 Apr 2016, 15:55 PM

in fact, i have no idea how to counter a well micro-ed sniper that is always constantly cover by mg42s, grens and the like.

smoke and flank maybe.
12 Apr 2016, 16:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2016, 15:55 PMwongtp
in fact, i have no idea how to counter a well micro-ed sniper that is always constantly cover by mg42s, grens and the like.

smoke and flank maybe.

The most OP thing in CoH2 multiplayer outside of disconnecting :sibHyena:
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment