Login

russian armor

Improved Emplacements Commander

PAGES (11)down
24 Mar 2016, 17:38 PM

I just lost my first ever 2v2 game against emplacement commander!!

Can I change my poll choice to Super-duper OP?1?!

J/K. We lost because we made some poor decisions in the game. Probably the same poor decisions people calling the commander OP made.
24 Mar 2016, 17:38 PM

Excatly! They are free features, just like flak gun, therefore its pointless to compare free feature to a unit, dont you agree?

And if you read carefully you would see that Ive said that counter barrage needs different approach.

Armor does not matter because it saves emplacemets only from small arms in fact.

By the way, its funny how I was called pit spamer recently and all the whines that its unplayable while my 2 pits killed 14 models during entire game. Single Tommies killed over 20.
24 Mar 2016, 17:40 PM

it's not free. repairs are 200 MP and usually wiped just like how you can kill medics and engis off of a Med HQ/Rep HQ.
24 Mar 2016, 17:42 PM

Excatly! They are free features, just like flak gun, therefore its pointless to compare free feature to a unit, dont you agree?

And if you read carefully you would see that Ive said that counter barrage needs different approach.

Armor does not matter because it saves emplacemets only from small arms in fact.

As i said, i have nothing against vanilla bofor as it is. That's the whole combination that is problematic. I think you crossed a line when you brought Schwerer into the discussion, when in fact, we are not discussing bofor, but the emplacement commander. Counter Battery is broken, auto repair buildings is too much for its cost, and that's about it. But Relic will nerf it into oblivion, as usual.
24 Mar 2016, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 17:42 PMSlaYoU

As i said, i have nothing against vanilla bofor as it is. That's the whole combination that is problematic. I think you crossed a line when you brought Schwerer into the discussion, when in fact, we are not discussing bofor, but the emplacement commander. Counter Battery is broken, auto repair buildings is too much for its cost, and that's about it. But Relic will nerf it into oblivion, as usual.

Now that we talked about schwerer, I'm not sure if this is still happening. I just remember some posters said that side upgrades for OKW HQs are going to be implemented in a future release? I don't know.
24 Mar 2016, 17:48 PM

The only problem I see is a counter battery.

Repairs need big MP investment so its kinda fine (still engis can be killed)

As for armor, it saves only from small arms. For the extra hp, well it just means few extra attacks. Lets me honest. If emplacemet is going to die, extra 30% wont save it.
24 Mar 2016, 17:57 PM

The only problem I see is a counter battery.

Repairs need big MP investment so its kinda fine (still engis can be killed)

As for armor, it saves only from small arms. For the extra hp, well it just means few extra attacks. Lets me honest. If emplacemet is going to die, extra 30% wont save it.

Extra 30% is 30% more time under fire of the whole brits defensive setup, and again 30% when you have brace mitigation on hand is not negligeable. That's the whole issue, too much combos of passive/active buffs towards one same goal: holding at all costs while dishing (insane) damage. You have to commit your armor to dislodge the cancer nest, and at this point in the game, brits have their counters at hand. Imagine if OKW had a repair station sitting next to their Flak HQ, and the ability to make them almost immune to damage for 30 secs ? That would be a problem, and OKW is not even remotely close to Brits when it comes to campiness (meaning they are not that efficient in this position).
24 Mar 2016, 18:03 PM

Hmmm.... Do any good players think it is OP?

If so do any good players who play 1v1 think it is OP?
24 Mar 2016, 18:14 PM
Patrion 14

Buff pls :guyokay:
24 Mar 2016, 18:19 PM

Hmmm.... Do any good players think it is OP?

If so do any good players who play 1v1 think it is OP?

I am by no means a good player but I think the counter battery is too noobie friendly. There's no micro involved and it's limited to range in a big map and covers whole maps in small maps. I think generally other things are okay because emplacements still require huge investments.

to make the most of the commander, emplacements need to be close to each other and the reinforcement base. to self-defend, it would probably require at minimum, 1 bofors, 1 mortar pit, and 1 repair upgraded HQ. That's over 1000+ mp.

But what do i know? I'm just a noob
24 Mar 2016, 18:28 PM

This commander is probably is the reason why the game is on a steady downfall.

I don't see how anyone with a right mind in balance and game design would allow placements to be made.

Oh and password protected trenches

And magic shields

They are not fun.
24 Mar 2016, 18:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Too easy to play, too hard to defeat. There are some players around rank 50 with brits using this who are rank 500 other factions. That says it all really
24 Mar 2016, 18:40 PM

This commander is probably the reason why prat got fired. And is the reason why the game is on a steady downfall. British is a cancer. And the new british commanders made it terminal..

I don't see how anyone with a right mind in balance and game design would allow placements to be made.

Oh and password protected trenches

And magic shields

They are not fun.

Fixed it for you :hansGG::hansREKT:
24 Mar 2016, 18:50 PM

make indirect barrages fire a heavier payload vs building and emplacements (for everyone) say 120 damage?
the target tables exist
and barrage is mostly meh anyways vs attack ground (slightly faster rof wooot)
this could go into helping root out enemies from buildings too, as it feels like they can sit under constant mortar fire for days...
basically you put more in you get more out...
25 Mar 2016, 09:00 AM

It's overperforming. I won't play this game until relic change sth.
25 Mar 2016, 11:18 AM

I agree. That commander is overpowered. Added to that it isn´t in the slightest way fun to play against. I think there is no denying that now.

The next logical question is: How are they going to fix it? A redesign of at least the commander is inevitable. Simply nerfing it isn´t going to change the fact that it is not fun. The regular emplacements are already ruining everything. So any commander that improves emplacements even further is going to destroy the game-experience.

Thus I think only a total redesign would fix the issues at hand.
25 Mar 2016, 11:44 AM

No becasue, apart from the fact it's agasint the game design, I adapted.
Just like I adapted to fight Brits' emplacements instead of whines aka "I fired my ST at emplacement and it did nothign" lel

Currently it's more of a eating their own medicines.

It's fine as long as it belongs to Axis.
It's bad if it belongs to Allies.

#Logic

Please don't insult logic because you have none.
25 Mar 2016, 13:14 PM

Reintroduce old tiger ace. Just l2p and adapt guys
25 Mar 2016, 14:09 PM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/51048/mortar-emplacement-vs-4-leigs

Just had a game versus the emplacement commander. Luckily we were double OKW and he gave away his strategy with a Bofors bulletin so we could prepare. Yet even 4 LeIGs struggled to bring the mortar pit down.

Counter battery shoots non stop on the LeIGs.

I´m fairly sure that if we had even one Ostheer in the team it would have lost us the game.

Feels bad man.
25 Mar 2016, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2016, 14:09 PMButcher
https://www.coh2.org/replay/51048/mortar-emplacement-vs-4-leigs

Just had a game versus the emplacement commander. Luckily we were double OKW and he gave away his strategy with a Bofors bulletin so we could prepare. Yet even 4 LeIGs struggled to bring the mortar pit down.

Counter battery shoots non stop on the LeIGs.

I´m fairly sure that if we had even one Ostheer in the team it would have lost us the game.

Feels bad man.

1320MP + 36 popcap to counter 400mp mortar pit? :sibHyena:
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment