Login

russian armor

Cancer Emplacements Commander

23 Mar 2016, 00:17 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Lefh gets rekt by precision barrage unfortunately. Just need a sneaky squad or teammate recon and RIP

It's actually a decent counter otherwise.
23 Mar 2016, 00:25 AM

He has a point tho.

Most of the 2v2 maps are auto-win with this commander (P2W again).

It requires zero user input and can easly decide games, why is this in the game??

I paid! so I should win!!
23 Mar 2016, 00:44 AM

I'm blown away ppl are still saying L2P with this commander. Ppl who use this commander are to lazy to L2P so they just build their emplacements and go afk.

This only concerns 2v2+
23 Mar 2016, 01:11 AM

I've played with this commander and I'm not all that impressed by it. I feel like the royal engineer regiment is better.

The best thing emplacement commander has is counter battery and it can still be somewhat iffy.
23 Mar 2016, 01:25 AM

Oshteer mortar comes out earlier than the emplacements and wrecks them during their build phase.
2 Mortars barraging an emplacement (whilst being built) will total the emplacement and kill some of the building crew.

Getting that right is a huge waste of manpower early in the game. But it also has counters- especially in larger team games. Most peeps that choose this commander just sit on their arse & wait to get flanked anyway.

Arse flank. Legit strat.
23 Mar 2016, 02:05 AM

You need Platoon for Pit so it hardly arrives earlier.

It's about a minute faster due to the reduced manpower cost and double building with IS, but with a rush build you can get it reaaallly fast. (Could always rush it, it's just more effective than ever) Can get it in 2 minutes with the fastest possible build.

I wouldn't say it's broken or anything, it has it's strengths and weaknesses like any other strat.

Of course, doing this can really fail miserably because all they have to do is spend that extra manpower and attack you in the minimum range.
23 Mar 2016, 02:41 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

anything that promotes sim city makes the game worse. fact.

unless relic wants to seperate some commanders between ladder and other modes of gameplay its crap
23 Mar 2016, 05:06 AM

I paid! so I should win!!
23 Mar 2016, 05:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, it's just realistic innit?
23 Mar 2016, 16:18 PM
Admin Red  Badge

After having played many games in 2vs2 AT recently with both Axis and Allies I think Sim City is indeed counterable in this game mode (double OKW works for sure). You will need a different mindset and strategy though to break through.

To be honest, Sim City separates those ones who simply blobbed their way to victory with Axis from these ones who are capable of using their brain.

By the way: Playing versus Sim City was the only challenge that I have faced in 2vs2 AT as double OKW.:guyokay:
It might be frustrating to fight against but seems to be the only reliable counter to halt double OKW's might in late game wherefore I am not enraged about anyone building a city against us.

23 Mar 2016, 16:31 PM

In 2v2 where its at its peak, I've been going Luft supply lately. If they're hunkering down, it gives you freedom to fuel drop at 3cp and burn the rats out of their nest at 6 with the flame drop.
23 Mar 2016, 16:44 PM

From my experience when facing this commander, it requires the user to do well early game, but from then forward, not much micro required. If the user decides to go above and beyond the call of duty by not sitting and camping, It's pretty much gg. They push, if they fail, then they retreat, repair and reinforce everything in about 20 seconds, they'd go back, over, and over, and over, and by then you'd be bleeding out of your ass.
23 Mar 2016, 17:45 PM

If I see the braced emplacements switch on, I just quit the game.

There's really no point. just don't waste your time playing against it, it's totally broken.

23 Mar 2016, 19:30 PM

well i use this commander, only thing i am little concerned is the royal engineer from FHQ seems have god mode on. I personally never see it dead from any fire. i see the FHQ got double pzanserwafer barrage many times and those guys still repairing. so many times i see they are repairing underfire and didn't drop a single guy, unlike the OKW or OH or SU repair crews or medic from buildings.
23 Mar 2016, 19:39 PM

After having played many games in 2vs2 AT recently with both Axis and Allies I think Sim City is indeed counterable in this game mode (double OKW works for sure). You will need a different mindset and strategy though to break through.

To be honest, Sim City separates those ones who simply blobbed their way to victory with Axis from these ones who are capable of using their brain.

By the way: Playing versus Sim City was the only challenge that I have faced in 2vs2 AT as double OKW.:guyokay:
It might be frustrating to fight against but seems to be the only reliable counter to halt double OKW's might in late game wherefore I am not enraged about anyone building a city against us.

Key points here are AT. If you are playing with a random, half the game is trying to get your ally to work with you to take down sim city. If you have a buddy that you play with and communicate with in the game then the effects of sim city are largely negated. Although if both sides are AT, then sim city is stil very hard to deal with.

Summary:
Sim city is super strong if...
Allies are AT and axis are randoms
Allies and axis are randoms
Allies and axis are AT

Sim city is easy to counter if...
Allies are randoms and Axis are AT

Sim city requires cooperation to take down as axis and lack of it from the allies.
23 Mar 2016, 20:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Key points here are AT. If you are playing with a random, half the game is trying to get your ally to work with you to take down sim city. If you have a buddy that you play with and communicate with in the game then the effects of sim city are largely negated. Although if both sides are AT, then sim city is stil very hard to deal with.

Summary:
Sim city is super strong if...
Allies are AT and axis are randoms
Allies and axis are randoms
Allies and axis are AT

Sim city is easy to counter if...
Allies are randoms and Axis are AT

Sim city requires cooperation to take down as axis and lack of it from the allies.

I am writing about AT vs AT because Random vs AT is barely balanced of course - I can see your points though. Coordination, patience and correct timing combined with the appropriate doctrines will ruin Sim City.
23 Mar 2016, 20:26 PM

Absolutely cancerous in 2v2s. Completely against the concept of the game. Makes for BORING and cancerous annoying static gameplay. The main reason why I play significantly less 2v2 now.
23 Mar 2016, 21:08 PM

Yup, just finished a game of tower defense. Built 2 mortars, flamethrowers Paks and even killed one mortar pit. Only to face 2 Bofors and another mortar pit 10 minutes later.

You need two to three minutes of constant bombardment to kill an emplacement.

If it´s a mortar pit you can´t do anything as it will kill your mortars faster than the other way around. If you reposition it will be repaired.

At some point the Brit can simply build them faster than you can destroy them and then the emplacements synergize.

This shit is a fucking tumor. The metaphor is perfect.

Time for a break again.
23 Mar 2016, 21:09 PM

Alright while i agree with the cancerous emplacements. Most players tend to build closely together. Here is the best counter, MHT PLUS a mortar and a fast 222. They will be hurting pretty bad as far as manpower goes and the constant flaming of his emplacement will cause casualties while he is repairing. I do this all the time and win if the game doesnt go on for to long without killing an emplacement. You will have more presence on the field. Once anything goes brace ATTACK hard with flamers, 222, leig, shreks, etc... They are hard to kill (harder than it should be) but it can be done and for the brits it comes at a price.
23 Mar 2016, 21:13 PM

Alright while i agree with the cancerous emplacements. Most players tend to build closely together. Here is the best counter, MHT PLUS a mortar and a fast 222. They will be hurting pretty bad as far as manpower goes and the constant flaming of his emplacement will cause casualties while he is repairing. I do this all the time and win if the game doesnt go on for to long without killing an emplacement. You will have more presence on the field. Once anything goes brace ATTACK hard with flamers, 222, leig, shreks, etc... They are hard to kill (harder than it should be) but it can be done and for the brits it comes at a price.

It's only 400 manpower mate. And when you think of it, it's not THAT much. Since you're using your emplacements to do your fighting for you, you end up saving a lot of MP on by not having to reinforce as often. You take one down, they build another. It's the same for bofors. Absolutely ridiculous.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★