Login

russian armor

New 2v2 Maps Hamlet and Chateau du Luv-Nest

19 Mar 2016, 09:57 AM

Hamlet should be the 3v3 version of Crossing in the woods. Its too big for 2v2s and we dont need 2 same maps in 2v2s.
19 Mar 2016, 10:00 AM

is it me or is double FRP on hamlet extremly potent? makes controlling the sides and the mid pretty easy if you play a non frp faction
19 Mar 2016, 10:05 AM

Permanently Banned
#BringBackEindhoven :D.
19 Mar 2016, 10:38 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I don't mind Hamlet but it seems every time I'm north with axis I lose
19 Mar 2016, 10:41 AM

Chateau is god awful, elevation doesn't work in COH at all and mud is shit and the buildings on south are a monstrosity relic pls wtf fam. Hamlet is shit but its only as shit as the other maps in 2v2 rotation, just need more vetoes fam
19 Mar 2016, 14:20 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 06:01 AMpigsoup
I wanted to create a gap in their frontline. may be a too big of a gap. preventing harrassment was not the point though if the big size actually does hinder it that much.

i personally dislike those gaps in the frontline as most of the time the gameplay then becomes 2 1v1s instead of 2v2. the map also has many chokepoints, might be a good idea to open up some of them especially in the middle and right part. the middle also is very hard to attack, one mg and a pack howie for example are enough to hold it quite well, because attacking over red cover against green cover is pretty hard and flanking is mostly impossible.

in the right part in the woods at the top there is too much cover, pathing is a bitch in those parts in my experience
19 Mar 2016, 14:36 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 08:44 AMSpanky
#BringBackEindhoven :D No seriously, I was promised it will be back.. disappointing.

i really loved Eindhoven
19 Mar 2016, 14:42 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 06:01 AMpigsoup

have you tried middle and one side for german? like not going so aggressive. I dunno. I have not played on my map on automatch and ...

this is a good point. I never thought big size will "back fire" but that was kind of the point. I didnt want a team able to get 50-60% of the map and be completely secure. I wanted to create a gap in their frontline. may be a too big of a gap. preventing harrassment was not the point though if the big size actually does hinder it that much.

In the VP areas there is also a difference, that top side has a woods blocking them a fighting side south side can stand around a circle of green cover. So you can't flank that vp unless you go through far aside..

i think time is the most important things in coh2,, when it is about getting the map, on hamlet you just need so much time for everything
19 Mar 2016, 14:45 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I haven't played Chateau du Luv-Nest yet, so can't tell you anything about that.
But i really like Hamlet! I think it's a great 2v2 competitive map and i really like the night-day thing :foreveralone:
So goodjob to PigSoup :D
19 Mar 2016, 15:51 PM

Hamlet's mostly solid, but is really campy around the center and the buildings bottom-left + the narrow entrances can make assaults from the north a pain. Open it up some more on both sides and it should be perfect. As others said, I'm curious to see it as a 3v3.

Luvnest is bad, but salvageable. The elevation changes need to be flattened out, the buildings need to be moved away from the fuel points and the heavy mud needs to burn in hell.
19 Mar 2016, 16:01 PM

19 Mar 2016, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 08:44 AMSpanky
#BringBackEindhoven :D No seriously, I was promised it will be back.. disappointing.

This map was actually really good and pretty too.

Hamlet is just Crossing in the Woods in bigger and more campy, as said, the resources are hard to harass.

Chateau, I don't know, it's okay at best, north side is fairly easy too control with MGs, the south side has some weird building constellation.

I want at least 1 Prypjat back, and 1 Moscow removed, they should also make Semois 1v1 only again.
19 Mar 2016, 19:13 PM

Those visuals on hamlet thought... fantastic, if your rig can support it.
19 Mar 2016, 20:40 PM
Patrion 14

about the overall size part, not that it will ever change even I wanted to ( i think the change of size is too much of a change for Relic to consider - because then i would have to change all resource points, then the building placement, then the fences around them etc etc...), I stand firm.

Crossing in the Woods is not supposed to be a 2v2 map, it was 1v1 only and relic made it a hybrid map. and i think 2v2 on crossing is horrible. I made Hamlet "so big" to ensure each player has a room to maneuver as much as 1v1 players do in maps like langreskaya. saying my map makes battles just two 1v1s, is like saying Steppes(6) forces you to play three 1v1s - it is the fault of the players imo.

and about FRP, I made the map when it was sov and ost only and to be honest, I still dunno how to deal with FRP when designing maps with the size I like. and i brutally hate FRP.

I am not just fanatically defending my map, I do agree that size can be improved in 1 direction. I see Hill 400 as an example (Oval Shape). I can push the bases closer to middle so the middle choke Victory point is much closer and corner points are still far but closer. and that will not have much impact on arrangement of all the points. and I can ease up on other choke points.

but since it is not like "once you get into this building then you will lose the unit" bug, i am not sure if relic will be interested in fixing it. but i dunno. and I can remove the rain if it is too hard to rigs. I have rain detail set to "0" so i hadnt noticed.

19 Mar 2016, 20:51 PM

Don't like either.

The amount of red cover on Hamlet + the size of the map, makes harassing enemy resources extremely risky once any light vehicle is on the field.
20 Mar 2016, 01:23 AM

I just played my first match on Chateau du Luv-Nest. It was also my last match on Chateau du Luvnest. What a horrible, horrible map. It's like one big choke-point filled with mud. Probably the worst map I have played in CoH2 automatch.
20 Mar 2016, 10:32 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 20:40 PMpigsoup
saying my map makes battles just two 1v1s, is like saying Steppes(6) forces you to play three 1v1s - it is the fault of the players imo.

not quite - steppes allows for easy transitioning between the flanks, while on your map you have the giant chokepoint vp area in the middle, which makes that a lot harder.
20 Mar 2016, 10:48 AM

If Hamlet did away with the shot blockers surrounding the center VP it'd be a good map. If Chateau was taken out of the map pool, it'd still be a bad map but at least nobody would have to waste vetoes on it. I thought environmental movement restricting mechanics were something Relic wanted to do away with, why does it show up rehashed as "Mud"?
20 Mar 2016, 11:58 AM
Patrion 14

The weather changing on Hamlet hurts my eyes really bad.
20 Mar 2016, 11:59 AM

I like Hamlet quite a lot to be honest. The only problem is this section of the map is really terrible for vehicle pathing. But it's still fun laying ambushes on either side with at guns to stomp vehicle rushes from out of the woods.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★