Login

russian armor

Soviet faction

PAGES (12)down
22 Mar 2016, 13:33 PM

Recently I have used defensive tactics.

Engis, Sniper, Cons, Cons, DHSK, M42, DSHK into T70 and T34/76 or SU85 and Katy.

You'd be amazed how funny this doctrine is (despite being shit :foreveralone: ). And with such build and doctrine we (2v2) were able to win smoothly agasint top 50 Axis AT many times.

Mark that I make engis as a first unit beciase double engis are essential for Anti-Personel mines spam.

Here is one example.

22 Mar 2016, 13:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You'd be amazed how funny this doctrine is (despite being shit :foreveralone: ). And with such build and doctrine we (2v2) were able to win smoothly agasint top 50 Axis AT many times.

Those are kinda contradictory statements...
22 Mar 2016, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 13:38 PMVuther

Those are kinda contradictory statements...

Nope. Royal arty is fun to play but it's shit.
OST Storm doctrine is really fun to play but it's not impressive.
NKVD is shit but again, its fun to use it.

Or maybe this way.
DSHK and mines are awesome. 120, M42 and tank traps are close to being useless (although I manage to get vet3 M42 almost always and in this particular replay it dealt more damage than SU85 :sibHyena: )
22 Mar 2016, 13:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nope. Royal arty is fun to play but it's shit.
OST Storm doctrine is really fun to play but it's not impressive.
NKVD is shit but again, its fun to use it.

Or maybe this way.
DSHK and mines are awesome. 120, M42 and tank traps are close to being useless (although I manage to get vet3 M42 almost always and in this particular replay it dealt more damage than SU85 :sibHyena: )

I more meant saying it's shit and while saying its use smoothly won top 50 AT matches, especially when as the Soviets as we all know.
22 Mar 2016, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 13:51 PMVuther

I more meant saying it's shit and while saying its use smoothly won top 50 AT matches.

Like I said. Double DSHK and mines can do wonders despite other 3 abilities are not that useful.
22 Mar 2016, 13:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Like I said. Double DSHK and mines can do wonders despite other 3 abilities are not that useful.

Maybe we should upgrade it to meh instead of shit? Iunno, if I talk about this anymore I'll look like I'm actually arguing.
22 Mar 2016, 13:59 PM

Well, I have a feeling like tank traps and mines should be combined into 1 ability, 120mm cannot have 13 pop cap and on the top of this add KV2 which will fit perfectly with tank traps and whole "defensive" name.

Then it won't be shit anymore.
22 Mar 2016, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 10:31 AMAdviser

Impact damage is same...
Oh, wait there is no impact damage on Molotov.

No proof whatsoever for this, but people still believe...

As i said, there is impact damage on the molotov.
It's the same as incen nade (both 10).

You can find the damage of the molotov at weapon\soviet\flame_throwers\grenade\molotov_cocktail_weapon_mp in the attribute editor (tho you don't strike me as the type capable of finding his way to the stats...)

22 Mar 2016, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 15:31 PMzarok47

No proof whatsoever for this, but people still believe...

As i said, there is impact damage on the molotov.
It's the same as incen nade (both 10).

You can find the damage of the molotov at weapon\soviet\flame_throwers\grenade\molotov_cocktail_weapon_mp in the attribute editor (tho you don't strike me as the type capable of finding his way to the stats...)

^This.
22 Mar 2016, 16:31 PM

Soviets can be good enougth to play against other factions specially in 1vs1 if you play in a really specific way and thats the problem, they have the biggest amout of useles units, vet abilities, commanders. and in some cases they are straigth worst, like in air abilities with the suply drops or the il2 strafes, or the ninja buf of the stuka.

Dont agree? lets see.

Flares, button, m42, kv1, kv2, shermanC (comes at cp10!), cap territory, all tier1, tier 4 not prepared for late game, hit the dirt, il2 atack and specially il2 single strafe, rapid conscripation, b4, the balanced katyusha (so balanced that its worst than every single roket artillery in the game) not upgradeable conscripts, granade side costs, ultra long animations for granades and penal charges.
And those are the worst ofenders a lot of units and abilities are in need of small adjustments.

On spot mate!!!

The damned IL2 Single Strafe of the Adv. Warfare Commander...

I am obsessed with that ability, not because I like it that much but because its so plainly broken and easy to figure out its not working ...still no one bother to fix it for more than 2 years!!!

22 Mar 2016, 18:03 PM

Soviets can be good enougth to play against other factions specially in 1vs1 if you play in a really specific way and thats the problem, they have the biggest amout of useles units, vet abilities, commanders. and in some cases they are strigth worst, like in air abilities with the suply drops or the il2 strafes, or the ninja buf of the stuka.

Dont agree? lets see.

Flares, button, m42, kv1, kv2, shermanC (comes at cp10!), cap territory, all tier1, tier 4 not prepared for late game, hit the dirt, il2 atack and specially il2 single strafe, rapid conscripation, b4, the balanced katyusha (so balanced that its worst than every single roket artillery in the game) not upgradeable conscripts, granade side costs, ultra long animations for granades and penal charges.
And those are the worst ofenders a lot of units and abilities are in need of small adjustments.

Exactly. Can not say better. :thumb:
22 Mar 2016, 18:33 PM

Always want to ask -Why M4C? In soviet documents it's called or M4 Средний (Translated M4 Medium) or like in US army (M4A2, M4A2 (76) W and etc.).
C for Советский (Soviet in Russian) or Cheap or something else?
P.S. Sorry for little offtopic, i don't want to make another thread about incorrect names of USSR tanks in game.

Google says it's lend lease designation.

Also penals do not need to have at grenades. Why so many people confuse them with mainline infantry I don't know
22 Mar 2016, 18:35 PM

Also penals do not need to have at grenades. Why so many people confuse them with mainline infantry I don't know

But penals should have AT anyway. T1 right now stays without AT at all. And that's bad for early soviet.

I only can suggest to give them upgrade with "PTRS packs". With them T1 will become more popular and Penals won't be "little better copy of cons with flamers and BIGBADABOOMBA".
22 Mar 2016, 18:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 13:09 PMDomine
I always see the same shit, it's like Soviet was designed to be cheese or spam or bacon or however you wanna name it.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I've been here since beta and this is the "soul of the faction". Some changes had been done through the years (look, you can now have access to more than 2 tiers, although 2 are kinda crap atm) but several units had been overlooked and fallen due to powercreep.
22 Mar 2016, 19:30 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I googled too, however the only information i find, was screens from CoH 2 and link to thread "M4C or T-34" on CoH2.org
In other games (warthunder, operation bagration) it also called M4A2, not M4C.
22 Mar 2016, 21:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i think i cleaned up enough for now im going to be takein gsteps to improve the situation here (though many of you won't enjoy that i think. :P) though i don't know if they will ever even see the light of day im going to try damnit! :*( anyways lets try and keep it civil here guys adding flames to fire only makes it a bigger fire there is this thing called the report button for a reason. :thumb:
23 Mar 2016, 12:43 PM

Just like 10CPs Command Panther :foreveralone:

The 10CP command panther is a joke imo

But at that stage i usually have 3-4 Shermans, and then its rush panther cyka no stop blyat))

Had most of my sucess with Lend Lease and Advanced Warfare before I went to uni! I refused to spam maxims and only go for cons heavy starts/penals in urban maps.

Still defensive tactics is hillarious! One of my go to commanders as-well. Most top 2v2 AT axis teams play meta, and when you add some spice and flavour to the mix they have big problems haha

The M-42 screws over the 222 and has decent AI in masses x)

And those Anti personell mines haha
23 Mar 2016, 17:13 PM

My google-fu is mighty:

"Letters after the mark number denoted modifications to the base model: "A" for the 76 mm L/55 gun instead of the 75mm, "B" for the 105 mm M4 L/22.5 howitzer, "C" for the (British) QF 17 pounder (76.2 mm) gun, and "Y" for the later wider-tracked Horizontal Volute Spring Suspension (HVSS) type suspension."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease_Sherman_tanks
23 Mar 2016, 17:50 PM

But penals should have AT anyway. T1 right now stays without AT at all. And that's bad for early soviet.

I only can suggest to give them upgrade with "PTRS packs". With them T1 will become more popular and Penals won't be "little better copy of cons with flamers and BIGBADABOOMBA".

From a game design pov t1 is missing a guards type unit. Mainline long range dpser, ptrs upgrade for soft at, lmg for later scaling. It leaves cons with utility cheap tanking & mid range, possibly with non doc ppsh for short range.

It fits together nicely.
23 Mar 2016, 22:34 PM

Recently I have used defensive tactics.

Engis, Sniper, Cons, Cons, DHSK, M42, DSHK into T70 and T34/76 or SU85 and Katy.

Mark that I make engis as a first unit beciase double engis are essential for Anti-Personel mines spam.

Here is one example.

I'm totally testing this after class, it sounds kinda cool and I've never really used those AP mines before
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS