Login

russian armor

Soviet faction

PAGES (12)down
20 Mar 2016, 11:14 AM

You say balance is targeted towards 1v1.
But this is wrong.

It's not.

If anything, Soviets are only good in 2v2 to 4v4.
In 1v1 they are not only extremely weak, but also so very hard to play.

1vs1 me and i'll show you just how "weak" sovjets are in 1vs1.

The rest of your post reads as another run of the mill allied only player so i can't be bothered to respond to that.

Looking forward to your excuse not to 1vs1 me.
20 Mar 2016, 11:18 AM

Why has the soviet faction consistently been the worst?

Let's talk about non-doctrinal units.

It has no tank to speak of, the infantry is terrible BUT drains your manpower, it has no non-doctrinal weapons, the snipers are made of paper, katyusha has no AOE, the teching is expensive for the value, all these things, why?

And yet every patch there is nothing done to address this. Why? How hard is it to fix this faction?

Meanwhile Jove and Luvnest have a 70-80 winstreak with soviets. But that's none of my business.
20 Mar 2016, 11:37 AM

Meanwhile Jove and Luvnest have a 70-80 winstreak with soviets. But that's none of my business.

The reason is simple: Soviets need more micro, tactical thinking and combined arms. You have to recon and flank your enemy and keep your low health tanks and rocket artillery alive. Thats a lot to do for a player below rank 1000.

On the other side the soviets are really strong if you pull it off the right way. Soviets are good at flanking if you know how, their low health tanks are cheap and are capable of doing quite a large amount of damage for their price.

I would say Soviets are considerable stronger in comparison to axis faction on a top skill level and worse by far at lower skill levels.
20 Mar 2016, 11:58 AM

The reason is simple: Soviets need more micro, tactical thinking and combined arms. You have to recon and flank your enemy and keep your low health tanks and rocket artillery alive. Thats a lot to do for a player below rank 1000.

A-moving maximspam, the pinnacle of sov micro, tactical thinking and combined arms.
Got me to rank 22 in 1vs1.
20 Mar 2016, 12:03 PM

Give Zarok some credit, he knows what he is talking about. sovietssoviets
20 Mar 2016, 12:06 PM

Maxim pinning pre-set-up mg42 in green cover?

Seems balanced to me.

Buff maxim plx.
20 Mar 2016, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 12:06 PMzarok47

Maxim pinning pre-set-up mg42 in green cover?

Seems balanced to me.

Buff maxim plx.

Pinning 1 target is better, ok. But what about mass of targets? About blobs? What MG stop blobs effectively - Maxim, with low AoE supression or MG-42 with AoE, which also works on infantry, that is not underfire at all but only stay near!!!

That's pretty strange to compare support guns by looking at results of their 1v1 fights. Maybe in fight Maxim vs MG-42 Maxim will beat nazi scum, but, is it important for SUPPORT GUN? Support gun should SUPPORT to main forces, not deal damage and be main force itself or something like that. And, as support gun, MG-42 is 10 times better, than Maxim.
20 Mar 2016, 12:14 PM

Pinning 1 target is better, ok. But what about mass of targets? About blobs? What MG stop blobs effectively - Maxim, with low AoE supression or MG-42 with AoE, which also works on infantry, that is not underfire at all but only stay near!!!

That's pretty strange to compare support guns by looking at results of their 1v1 fights. Maybe in fight Maxim vs MG-42 Maxim will beat nazi scum, but, is it important for SUPPORT GUN? Support gun should SUPPORT to main forces, not deal damage and be main force itself or something like that. And, as support gun, MG-42 is 10 times better, than Maxim.

You're adorable.

How are your easy okw games going? lost some more?
20 Mar 2016, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 12:14 PMzarok47

You're adorable.

How are your easy okw games going? lost some more?

Yea, quite hard to fight against Mattresses as OKW. They should make way lesser AoE explosion on those rockets, because they just giving no chanses to all targets in fireing area.

But... It's still very easy faction. All what you need is putted in T0 from the very start - AT, AT+infantry, close combat infantry+engieers and fast cap car. I just don't need to build anything from tiers, I save fuel and get fast KT, which means GG. And only Mattress can stop that.

And about MGs. I met here once "Maxim spammer" when I played as OKW. Because I didn't use vechiles (saving fuel for fast KT) he was very annyoing. Too much MGs against my only infantry. But, while he spammed his Maxims (spending enourmous number of MP) I holded it and... after that came KT. Surrender - GG.

Result - Maxim spam works, but making your tier growing as USSR slower. It just cost a lot and can be counterd by very 1 vechile or tank. So, it's not that effective, as all axis players want to tell.
20 Mar 2016, 12:28 PM

Result - Maxim spam works, but making your tier growing as USSR slower. It just cost a lot and can be counterd by very 1 vechile or tank. So, it's not that effective, as all axis players want to tell.

Look at my playercard.

Look at the sov 1vs1 rank.

Consider my strat as sovjet relies heavily on maxims.

If after this you still think maxims are weak, you 1vs1 me and i'll show you how utterly wrong you are.
20 Mar 2016, 12:35 PM

The mg42 has models outside of cover, but that's also none of my business...
20 Mar 2016, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 12:28 PMzarok47

Look at my playercard.

Look at the sov 1vs1 rank.

Consider my strat as sovjet relies heavily on maxims.

If after this you still think maxims are weak, you 1vs1 me and i'll show you how utterly wrong you are.

I don't care about "who has bigger ranks", really. Your high rank doesn't show, that USSR is good faction and Maxim is good MG - it only shows, that you can spend enough forces to beat more powerfull faction enemies by weaker faction.

Again, when I say that "USSR is bad", I don't mean, that Axis beats USSR in 100%, so bad it is, of course no. It only means, that playing as USSR requiers from you way more micro, attention and another inner resourses to get win, while for Axis it's not such important.

And Maxim-spam tactic playing, I think, requiers from you a lot of micro. Way more, than for your enemy, which can rightly put MG-42 somewhere and forget about it. It will automaticly cover by fire large area, providing with large arc of fire to MG-42. Or, dig bunker and forget about it too - same auto-stopping your infantry. Less micro, less headache, less skills.

Main problem is - it's not so hard to play as axis, than as USSR. And that means that game is not balanced.
20 Mar 2016, 12:49 PM

The mg42 has models outside of cover, but that's also none of my business...

Mg-42 has 2 models in heavy cover, and it shot first at the maxim.

While the maxim has all of its crew next to a bush...

This scenario should never have happened.
20 Mar 2016, 12:49 PM

I don't care about "who has bigger ranks", really. Your high rank doesn't show, that USSR is good faction and Maxim is good MG - it only shows, that you can spend enough forces to beat more powerfull faction enemies by weaker faction.

Baseless conclusion and as such, wrong.

Again, when I say that "USSR is bad", I don't mean, that Axis beats USSR in 100%, so bad it is, of course no. It only means, that playing as USSR requiers from you way more micro, attention and another inner resourses to get win, while for Axis it's not such important.

Your point (however wrong) is quite clear to me, so stop repeating it.

And Maxim-spam tactic playing, I think, requiers from you a lot of micro. Way more, than for your enemy, which can rightly put MG-42 somewhere and forget about it. It will automaticly cover by fire large area, providing with large arc of fire to MG-42. Or, dig bunker and forget about it too - same auto-stopping your infantry. Less micro, less headache, less skills.

Complete and utter nonesense.

You telling me that my strat requires more micro to pull off whislt sov is weaker (in your eyes) would mean i have God like micro to get my rank with sov, but somehow fail to do the same with any of the other factions (half of which are easier by your own account).

Not to mention you have no idea whatsoever what micro I need to do, since i am the only one capable of properly assesing that, or that your assesment of axis forces is null and void based on your experience with them (the non-existent kind of experience)

Main problem is - it's not so hard to play as axis, than as USSR. And that means that game is not balanced.

Im telling you, based on my experience and backed up by my ranking that his is utter none-sense.
You have no other way of disagreeing with this than to 1vs1 me and show me otherwise.

You have no evidence, no logic, no reason or argument to keep claiming what you claim.
Yet i am sure nothing can change your flawed perception of this game.

You're as lost as aaa.

20 Mar 2016, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 11:58 AMzarok47

A-moving maximspam, the pinnacle of sov micro, tactical thinking and combined arms.
Got me to rank 22 in 1vs1.

The existence of a single tactic that doesn't need that amount of micro, tactical thinking and combined arms I spoke of in my post doesn't mean that the faction isn't as I said in its overall design. I played that cheesy maxim spam not even once because it is for "pros" who like abusing simple and op mechanics (please don't feel offended). Someday it will be nerfed and people will see how weak soviets are without it if you are playing below rank 1000. Still they will be strong at top skill level without maxim spam.
20 Mar 2016, 13:19 PM

Edit: removed - double post - sorry
20 Mar 2016, 13:25 PM

You cant just compare T4 soviets to say panthers are say its crap, its not that simple.

Fact is its reasonably easy to overwhelm German defenses with well used spammy soviet tactics, at this point you can bring out a T34/76 to keep them burried.

If for some reason you've not been aggressive or you've failed hard in your assaults, well your giving the game away.

You need to play SU like Zerg in StarCraft... do not let them breath.

+1
20 Mar 2016, 13:27 PM

Same I want NKVD and No retreat!

and those Red Banner T-34-85s :megusta:

No Step Back is never coming out, BRad said it didn't fit the playstyle of the game, don't hold your breath

Don't know about the red banner division t34's, but based on how long it has been I wouldn't expect to see them but you never know it could be reworked

20 Mar 2016, 13:48 PM

Mg-42 has 2 models in heavy cover, and it shot first at the maxim.

While the maxim has all of its crew next to a bush...

This scenario should never have happened.

The facts are these:
-Maxim is in yellow cover. That grants it -50% received accuracy.
-MG42 is in green cover (which also gives -50% received accuracy), but the models being shot at are not in cover, which makes the mg42 team effectively have no cover.

This example is bad, can you let it die with dignity?
20 Mar 2016, 14:05 PM

No Step Back is never coming out, BRad said it didn't fit the playstyle of the game, don't hold your breath

Don't know about the red banner division t34's, but based on how long it has been I wouldn't expect to see them but you never know it could be reworked

Woah it should get released and brad got fired so relic pls

PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
Germany 779
Russian Federation 32
Netherlands 17
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias