Login

russian armor

OKW needs a rework

17 Mar 2016, 16:22 PM

I like the idea of replacing the panzerschrek with a panzerfaust but if thats going to happen then either the Raketenwerfer needs severe buffs or the OKW needs something added to deal with vehicles early to mid game because the puma is good but it has very little armor and it can not deal with medium tanks without tons of micro and if you go for a puma you will delay your own tanks by building the middle half track and building a puma so you will have to deal with medium tanks for quite awhile before you get the flak half track up and build one of your own tanks and this will take even longer if they reduce the OKWs resources again like many people have been suggesting so what I think should happen to fix the OKWs potential anti tank problem and the worst OKW doctrine is removing the flammhetzer from the feuersturm doctrine and putting a regular hetzer in the med half track. The unit will have the same armor and health and the same price but it will now act like a better armored su 76 that has no barrage ability but instead gets the cautious movements ability at vet 1 and it will have access to the same mg upgrade that the flammhetzer has just to give it a little AI ability but it still wont be that much. To replace the flammhetzer in the feuersturm doctrine the Hummel should be put in because OKW players have been wanting that for a really long time and it will help a lot with the sim city problem that we are haveing now that the new British commanders have been introduced.
17 Mar 2016, 16:46 PM

I agree with most things said.

If something about the Schrecks has finally been done, the Raketen needs a buff, remove cloak and retreat, make it a proper AT unit with more range and a stronger crew.

The Flak Truck is still not fine, you shouldn't be able to repair it while it's setting up, nor should it spot that far for itself and react in the blink of an eye to anything even near to its radius.

Sidetech is needed, OKW has nothing to spent MP or fuel on, they just get everything for free, all things come naturally, no decision making involved at all.
17 Mar 2016, 18:06 PM

You say rework but this just looks like a long list of nerfs.

Volks need to lose pshreks but for that to happen they need faust and some form of anti infantry upgrade like g43's or mg34/mg42. Without an additional upgrade i feel like they would never reach vet 5.

Raketen needs a buff it is far too weak as it is, remove camo and give a quicker reload.

maybe double shrek upgrade for obers? or dedicated anti tank squad

Obers need a wee nerf on vet 5

flame nades need to stay, only reliable way of clearing buildings

OKW flaktruck is honestly the only non doc way of defending an area, okw doesn't get caches for cut off points or defensive bunkers (unless proper commannder is chosen)

OKW needs this stuff just like UKF needs this stuff.

Oh wait, UKF gets none of it.
17 Mar 2016, 18:35 PM

OKW needs this stuff just like UKF needs this stuff.

Oh wait, UKF gets none of it.

Maybe i've been studying too much today, but what are you talking about lol? Nobody mentioned UKF and this thread has a very particular faction in mind for discussion.
17 Mar 2016, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 13:26 PMKatitof

No, it doesn't work like this.:snfPeter:

And the fact that their stock units are somewhat inferior to their counterparts in one way or another, unless they are vet2 and above.
17 Mar 2016, 18:49 PM

And the fact that their stock units are somewhat inferior to their counterparts in one way or another, unless they are vet2 and above.

Unless you're talking about soviets now, you're full of it again.
17 Mar 2016, 18:57 PM

I wonder how long before this thread goes unnoticed.

Anyways, OKW got volks and they use it because not only they are decent late game but they are 5 model and less chance of getting one shot. AT gun in T0 has small arc and short range and it is almost impossible to use it against fast tanks like Crowmwell/Stuart or that fucking clown car. So shreks on okw are completely fine because they save okw ass early game and they are costly, mind you. Volks are used just like Soviet use maxis and USF use 1919 and bazookas combo on a unit that own volks early game or UKF that build emplacement after emplacement and put counter barrage on 2v2, 1v1 to fuck up. You know there are so many units that need change but I see more allies tear than axis tears here. Only yesterday I faced soviet maxi spammer and rifleman spammer. It ain't that easy for okw early game. If you gotta say l2p, then I can say same for you when you are facing okw while adding I have seen pros countering volks easily so what is your problem?

Jagdpanzer has a fixed turret and is map dependent. While panther/KT/Tiger are outranged by allies TD (they lack armor but the range...). So what options do I have? Jagd (forcing a doctrine on player)? I need shreks to support my tanks that lack range and hence I need volks with shreks. Okw has no artillery other than stuka that produce a sound that even a deaf can hear. They have no priest or bar type weapon. There are pros and cons of every faction. KT (720 manpower and 310 fuel- 21 cap) was nerfed just like churchill. It happens....

Once I posted that maxi spam is jesus and an allies fan said- When will axis learn that nerfing is not the right way and you should buff the counter blah blah blah...They cannot nerf one faction only. Either you nerf all or don't touch any. Guess that logic goes out of window when okw/axis own allies and they come and cry here.
17 Mar 2016, 18:57 PM

Do you really think Relic will spend even more time on an OKW rework? They should adjust a few things but that's it.

As far as "freebies" go, I refuse to invest 500 (if the medic upgrade) man power into the Medic HQ truck for example, 300 is already over the top for the retreat point upgrade, sure the USF need to tech to it but fuck me we're talking about 300 man power here, if I wait a few more secs I can get a leig for that price. If it's ammunition I'd consider it a bit better but shrecks' price should also be nerfed then, I don't care if it's on the volks or whatever, the "combat" package is 30% useless because of the cold immunity, I'm getting the feeling they only added that because the volks get winter coats in snow setting maps. 70 ammo on whatever unit for a shreck sounds a bit better than the current option.

I also think the MG34 should be buffed, put in the HQ truck perhaps and slapped on a 250 man power price, 10 below the MG42, it's basically a less rounds per minute machine gun than the 42, not to mention IT costs more to make than the MG42 in real life.

But yeah, they could adjust a few prices here and there a touch upon the stats on a few units but other than that I see nothing wrong with the Army, oh, except that it feels kinda strange with the new truck system where you have to buy the truck manually (which I often forget to do) and the increased resources, oh yeah and the missing resource transfer button for the mech HQ truck but that's about it.
17 Mar 2016, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 18:49 PMKatitof

Unless you're talking about soviets now, you're full of it again.
You are a troll and your post holds no value or argument.
17 Mar 2016, 21:05 PM

You are a troll and your post holds no value or argument.

I don't believe there is a troll so persistent that he has over 8000 posts :snfQuinn:
17 Mar 2016, 21:09 PM

Persistence is the key to success.
17 Mar 2016, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 16:46 PMTasty

If something about the Schrecks has finally been done, the Raketen needs a buff, remove cloak and retreat, make it a proper AT unit with more range and a stronger crew.

Agree on this, the raketen is pretty bad in it's current state. However I'd maybe increase it's firing rate, not range.
17 Mar 2016, 21:59 PM

side upgrades for each truck are coming, in one of the upcoming patches.(munition cost?!)After the side upgrade, we will see less schrecks anyway. Pretty sure developers said, that they are not planning to remove schrecks from volks.

I agree with this.
Giving my Luchs wagon a retreat for infantry would change my tactics for the better

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 09:59 AMTNrg

Was about time for an axis only 3v3 and 4v4 player coming in to drop some info.

Not quite sure what you are eluding to here... I play allies as well, just not as often - they dont have the accents the Germans have
18 Mar 2016, 07:21 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

OKW bulletins are better in some cases, stacking advantage is achieved
18 Mar 2016, 09:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 21:22 PMTNrg

Agree on this, the raketen is pretty bad in it's current state. However I'd maybe increase it's firing rate, not range.

I dont know about the firing rate. It has already the fastest in the game. Maybe 6 man crew and something else too?
18 Mar 2016, 09:11 AM

I dont know about the firing rate. It has already the fastest in the game. Maybe 6 man crew and something else too?

I thought it had the same firing rate as the PaK. But the narrow arc of fire doesn't really help, that's why I thought it could need some compensation. It's by far the worst dedicated AT unit in the game, but on the other hand OKW doesn't really even need raketens.
18 Mar 2016, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 09:11 AMTNrg

I thought it had the same firing rate as the PaK. But the narrow arc of fire doesn't really help, that's why I thought it could need some compensation. It's by far the worst dedicated AT unit in the game, but on the other hand OKW doesn't really even need raketens.

Exactly :D
18 Mar 2016, 10:06 AM

Haha, these ideas are ridiculous imo. Just a wishlist of a bunch of nerfs.

You want to nerf OKW healing and repairing that comes with teching, while USF free units are "fine"?

You want to nerf OKW flame nades, while OKW is the ONLY faction who has no protection against suppression. No oorah, no smoke, no mortar smoke, no free ride on vehicles, nothing..

You want to nerf veterancy5 while most of the units vet5 perform as other factions vet3, or worse..

While on the other hand:

- Never mentioned that the FlakHT has no window of usefulness since the bazooka buff.

- Never mentioned that OKW is the only faction that cannot build any resource caches, while most of the tank prices has been increased for them.

- Never mentioned the only proper non-doctrinal suppression for OKW is the stationary tech building comes with a high price and you can have 1 on the field and it cant be a victory point. MG43 should be doctrinal imo.

- Never mentioned the so called elite infantry, the Obersoldaten has been overnerfed to soak up allied tears. Its a overprice sink for your resources.

- RkW43 is still cant stand on its own legs. What do you think? what would be a result of moving schrecks for Obers for example?! nonsense

This is so biased it hurts...

You guys talk about not repairable flakHQ, while UKF can build BOFORS with brace, repair and a barrage ability that can counter ATguns and mortars. I dont know what game are you playing...
18 Mar 2016, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 10:06 AMRiCE

This is so biased it hurts...

You guys talk about not repairable flakHQ, while UKF can build BOFORS with brace, repair and a barrage ability that can counter ATguns and mortars. I dont know what game are you playing...

You know axis (and especially okw) are, have been, and always will be OP to "certain people" right?

Something about krupp steel and porche engine invokes a near insatiable hunger for nerfs.
Kri
18 Mar 2016, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 09:11 AMTNrg

I hope they buff raketten and nerf the schrecks at the same time. This way I dont have to schreckblob to destroy enemy vehicles. Increasing Rate of fire and making the arc bigger would be great way to compensate a potential schreck nerf.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment