Login

russian armor

Relic re-organisation and Kyle's response

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
15 Mar 2016, 01:22 AM

Unfortunately the layoff rumours thread turned to a spewing volcano of vitriol. FichtenMoped ended up locking it after Kyle gave an official response (probably because of the nasty vibes from the CoHmmunity).

However I found the content of Kyle's post a little ambiguous. His response to the rumours that a few devs had been sent packing, was this:-

"There have been some rumors of late that the CoH2 team would like to address. Although there has indeed been some recent changes to the team, rest assured these changes have had no impact on the current plans for CoH2."

But Kyle, what were the current plans for CoH2? What if they were to bring it to a halt from here? This is not a reassuring response. You are being circuitous with your language in a way that makes me and perhaps others suspicious.

I would have asked for further clarification in the thread that was already there, as mos eisley canteena-like as it was, but it got closed. So please Kyle can you tell us what these plans are?

Is there any further info you can provide about these events, as our community manager?
15 Mar 2016, 04:02 AM

what the fuck

did they actually fire brad

WILL I EVER HEAR HIS MIXTAPE
15 Mar 2016, 04:27 AM

It's normal. These thing happen to companies, and most of the time, they remain the same. In Relic's case, they most likely have replacements for those who have been cut/moved. We may not see one of our favorite relic staff members (depending on who 'we' is), but I'm sure that they'd have somebody more than capable to fill that role in the long run.

Anyways, I'll be expecting this thread locked soon, so I'd suggest not responding to this. If you do, it'll probably become pointless soon.
15 Mar 2016, 04:42 AM
Donator 11

A road map for this year was said to be coming and I feel like that would help shine some light on the future of coh2.

As for the layoffs they are unfortunate but may not signal the end for coh2. Wait for Kyle to respond tomorrow and then we will find out.

As for this thread, pls keep it civilized so its not closed like the last. No shit throwing needs to happen.
15 Mar 2016, 05:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 01:22 AMRappy
Unfortunately the layoff rumours thread turned to a spewing volcano of vitriol. FichtenMoped ended up locking it after Kyle gave an official response (probably because of the nasty vibes from the CoHmmunity).

However I found the content of Kyle's post a little ambiguous. His response to the rumours that a few devs had been sent packing, was this:-

"There have been some rumors of late that the CoH2 team would like to address. Although there has indeed been some recent changes to the team, rest assured these changes have had no impact on the current plans for CoH2."

But Kyle, what were the current plans for CoH2? What if they were to bring it to a halt from here? This is not a reassuring response. You are being circuitous with your language in a way that makes me and perhaps others suspicious.

I would have asked for further clarification in the thread that was already there, as mos eisley canteena-like as it was, but it got closed. So please Kyle can you tell us what these plans are?

Is there any further info you can provide about these events, as our community manager?

I think layoffs always happen the same way (having been laid-off myself a couple of years ago). The company won't say much, at most some platitudes about difficult times, caring for employees, etc, etc. The employees likely got a severance and signed a non-disparagement agreement so they won't say much either. Relic doesn't owe us an explanation and shouldn't say anything about those who got laid off.

If there are any future development plans for COH2 then it would be great if they said something about that. My guess is that revenues no longer supported paying as many developers as it once did. They probably wouldn't want to admit that so some additional platitudes would go out to the public.
15 Mar 2016, 05:55 AM

It would be pretty obvious if they did fire anybody next stream, however balance is still in a bad state, as well as bugs and optimization. Too bad tho, I've seen a lot of people holding back from playing and modding because of this, I'm afraid this game is slowly declining, until Relic does something about it that is, maybe the new War Spoils system will be a welcomed change that might bring back some people but it may take a little bit more than that.
15 Mar 2016, 06:13 AM

Quite the opposite, I think the stats show the player base has increased throughout the patches.
15 Mar 2016, 06:34 AM
Donator 11

15 Mar 2016, 07:17 AM
Patrion 14

it was a good run albeit wonky
15 Mar 2016, 07:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

it remains to be seen what exactly will happen. but please guys lets keep this thread civil or ill have to...

ps" ill be keeping a much closer eye on this thread unlike the last one ;) well when im not asleep when i get back it better not have gone to shit! mods you have my blessing :P
Neo
15 Mar 2016, 07:51 AM

More detail would be good. Apparently some people think that Kyle's statement is an indicator of a more extensive statement to come.

Is that how people here read it?
15 Mar 2016, 08:25 AM

I know I can be a drama queen about stuff, but you guys take it to the next level with this haha. :foreveralone:.

Layoffs are extremely normal in companies. I've worked in 3 since I've started working and I've watched people come and go regularly. Specially younger people tend to leave companies on a more regular base, although here in Belgium (from what I've seen and heard around me).

Question 1: Does it mean the company or in this example, COH2, will come to a hold? - No, it's probably just some restructuring.

Question 2: How much sense would it make to pump money into Esports (ESL), have Stormless and A_E casting in one of the official ESL studios and flying over to PC Gamer weekend? - It would absolutely make zero sense.

Oh and yes, don't expect a total honest answer from Kyle on a random community forum. That's just not something a company does.
15 Mar 2016, 08:32 AM

I know I can be a drama queen about stuff, but you guys take it to the next level with this haha. :foreveralone:.

Layoffs are extremely normal in companies. I've worked in 3 since I've started working and I've watched people come and go regularly. Specially younger people tend to leave companies on a more regular base, although here in Belgium (from what I've seen and heard around me).

Question 1: Does it mean the company or in this example, COH2, will come to a hold? - No, it's probably just some restructuring.

Question 2: How much sense would it make to pump money into Esports (ESL), have Stormless and A_E casting in one of the official ESL studios and flying over to PC Gamer weekend? - It would absolutely make zero sense.

Oh and yes, don't expect a total honest answer from Kyle on a random community forum. That's just not something a company does.

This.

Some people have put on their tinfoil hats a tad to tight.

10k recurring players on a daily basis.
Ongoing ESL.
Rework for certain systems in alpha on test server.

And people go batshit crazy thinking the game is anywhere near end.
Doomsayers like that are just braindead(yes Ciez, I will insult stupid people unprovoked, because I like calling things how they are-if they are too dense to see beyond random rumors, they are just that-idiots).
15 Mar 2016, 09:27 AM

Make shadowwada lead balance dev & all will be well with the world
15 Mar 2016, 12:15 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

+1

Thank god the old Pete does still exist
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment