Login

russian armor

Relic re-organisation and Kyle's response

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
16 Mar 2016, 15:03 PM

If they are killing support I'd be very disappointed for a few reasons. Not least because it means Relic will have only supported the brits expansion for 6 months before dropping it. It also doesn't help that for 3 of those months the consensus was that balance changes were on the back burner due to ESL.

On balance it isn't terrible, but as I said before there's quite a few things that just feel unfinished, or could use a tune up. My personal favourite is the Royal Artillery Regiment - known to be pretty terrible from release, plenty of room to bring it up to par without making it OP - and yet it's still lingering. There's also the somewhat incomplete OKW revamp and vet tuning to deal with.

I get that Relic will be moving support onto another game (DoW3 in all likelihood) but I hope they don't abandon CoH2 completely.
16 Mar 2016, 15:10 PM

Permanently Banned
If Momo words are true its bad news, 5 years plan thay say.
16 Mar 2016, 17:01 PM

Big post

Top notch, sir.
16 Mar 2016, 17:39 PM

An official statement from Relic (M.Duffy or another) would be really appreciated, and would help everyone. (Us and Relic/Sega)

Thanks in advance.
16 Mar 2016, 19:03 PM

They need to start over anyways. The sooner COH2 dies, the sooner they can eventually go to COH3 even if ti might never happen.

This game engine is so horrible and the game design so bad, they should just start over. RNG mixed with bad performance due to all these idiotic features that clog game performance.

Ask yourself this: did the COH2 team really deserve to keep their jobs? This game is terrible from a simply technical standpoint.
16 Mar 2016, 19:09 PM

They need to start over anyways. The sooner COH2 dies, the sooner they can eventually go to COH3 even if ti might never happen.

This game engine is so horrible and the game design so bad, they should just start over. RNG mixed with bad performance due to all these idiotic features that clog game performance.

Ask yourself this: did the COH2 team really deserve to keep their jobs? This game is terrible from a simply technical standpoint.

well i Don't want all RTS to look and sound like from 2003. actually this is a technical masterpiece.
16 Mar 2016, 19:09 PM

Anyone involved with the game should've been fired a long time ago.
Just because the game stops being supported doesn't mean they will make coh3.

They are most likely going to switch over full support to dow3. We won't see a coh3 for another 4-5 years if we are lucky. That's assuming they don't start a new IP or anything after dow.

Long story short, there won't be a coh3 for a long time.
16 Mar 2016, 19:31 PM

Dis topic :D

Well, if they are really dropping support, the decision makers over there are the most retarded people.
ESL, flying over to PC Gamer, ... I mean, what are they doing then? Flushing the last money through the toilet? :D

Damn, brains.

I'd completely understand them dropping full support for COH2. You can't build a good game on a broken foundation.
16 Mar 2016, 19:37 PM

I mean come on people, Kyle's just doing his job, and he's the best guy we've had, cut him some slack. He isn't obligated to tell us the employment history of Relic and even hinting at things is pretty good considering Relic used to be incredibly tight lipped on everything.

As for rumours of dropping support, they're pretty unfounded.
16 Mar 2016, 19:38 PM

I hope that it is a prank for 1st April :D.
16 Mar 2016, 19:38 PM

The game design isn't that bad and with the vetgateFix relic has proven that they are willing to modify the engine code if needed.
16 Mar 2016, 20:45 PM

CoH2 will always be CoH2, with or without Relic Employees. Why?

The answer is simple: Upper management. :guyokay:
16 Mar 2016, 21:46 PM

Wow, who pissed in your cereal this morning to make you this salty?

well i Don't want all RTS to look and sound like from 2003. actually this is a technical masterpiece.

+1
16 Mar 2016, 22:39 PM

Hey guys. Let's go on the offical coh2 fourms and find out information from there... oh wait.
16 Mar 2016, 22:45 PM

Hey guys. Let's go on the offical coh2 fourms and find out information from there... oh wait.

No worries, it will be back online in Janua.. oh wait.
17 Mar 2016, 01:24 AM
Donator 11

Agree. Someone have to get layoff because they did a bad job.

But GOD bless SpaceBus.
17 Mar 2016, 01:26 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 19:37 PMSwift
I mean come on people, Kyle's just doing his job, and he's the best guy we've had, cut him some slack. He isn't obligated to tell us the employment history of Relic and even hinting at things is pretty good considering Relic used to be incredibly tight lipped on everything.

As for rumours of dropping support, they're pretty unfounded.

Sorry, Cynthia is way better.
17 Mar 2016, 01:27 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 20:45 PMVonIvan
CoH2 will always be CoH2, with or without Relic Employees. Why?

The answer is simple: Upper management. :guyokay:

VON is happy because there willbe no one fixing the maxium
17 Mar 2016, 01:28 AM
Donator 11

Wow, who pissed in your cereal this morning to make you this salty?

+1

TBH someone dont deserve to keep his job.
17 Mar 2016, 02:02 AM

I feel if relic decided to cut support and instead allow a community team they vetted to help develop it instead, it would be a win/win for everyone.

1. Relic doesn't have to dedicate resources (personel) to the game anymore while it still is under their name.
2. The game still gets developed to the community's liking at a rate the community would be happy with.

With the current amount of mods in the game this could actually be feasible FMPOV.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS