Login

russian armor

Seasons and Ladder reset.

14 Mar 2016, 18:54 PM

I'm just gonna ask why there aren't any seasons and ladder resets its just dumb that the ladder sistem works form the beginning of coh 2 and not from the beginning of the season.

The meta changes and the people that play the game also changes to, also it makes it almost impossible for someone that starts now to play to reach the old one's.

Beside that they reset would make the top player's play more and fight for the top positions and even they ll have more adversaries every season and it would not be the same ladder table for ever as it is right now .

I m just thinking that those are kinda basic features for a "esport"(Kappa)
14 Mar 2016, 18:57 PM

Because there is ELO decay that is hard to avoid, since every faction and every gamemode need to be played at least once every two weeks.

Getting to the top of the ladder is as trivial as winning ten games if you get matched up against good players.

Family share a smurf, go automatch 10-15 games as a faction in 1v1 or 2v2, and at a minimum you will be in the top 50. Last time I did this was in October as USF, got to top 20 in 12 games or so.
14 Mar 2016, 19:11 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

I'm just gonna ask why there aren't any seasons and ladder resets its just dumb that the ladder sistem works form the beginning of coh 2 and not from the beginning of the season.

The meta changes and the people that play the game also changes to, also it makes it almost impossible for someone that starts now to play to reach the old one's.

Beside that they reset would make the top player's play more and fight for the top positions and even they ll have more adversaries every season and it would not be the same ladder table for ever as it is right now .

I m just thinking that those are kinda basic features for a "esport"(Kappa)

+10000

There should absolutly be seasons, DO IT RELIC!
14 Mar 2016, 19:30 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I like the (Kappa) in the end,

agreed
14 Mar 2016, 19:44 PM
Donator 11

I think there is no point. The system is very responsive and you can see that after every meta changes people land in their respective places on ladder quickly.

You need 10 games to be visible in the ladder if you are new player. You need about 5 to place yourself in the ladder from your old place when ballance and meta changes. That basically means seson system would be much less responsive.

It would also couse much more 1 sided matchups since there are people who play the game rarely but doesnt loose their skill in the game. Having to play with noobs like a smurf to place yourself every time you want to play a game is just nonsense. Especially as you usually will play less than 10.
14 Mar 2016, 20:08 PM

Quarterly ladder reset, but always keep someone highest elo rating, so you will be match with people of you caliber (good game) the next season.

Best of both world.

Thanks.
15 Mar 2016, 02:55 AM

I dont know exactly what they should do something like save you re mmr or what ever but make it more dynamic because the way its right now its kind boring and doesn't have any relevance it does nt even work properly as a match making sistem.

Something different i would say something like SC2 but is way different as it works right now and it is nt that good even ( even thought that in SC2 you clearly see changes between seasons and there's some hierarchy between leagues which make you try hard to advance in that hierarchy (mostly in the top 200 )).

What i m trying to say is that relic could do something cool about the ladder system and make it more interesting. ( i know a while ago not to long ago you couldn't even see the ladder inside the game)

And this is important because even if people says that ladder doesnt matter even when you post here or speak with someone they will judge really quick what you said throw your position in the ladder.

Besides everything elsethe most improtant matter is the self satisfaction of climbing the ladder in a way that is entertaining and right now i guees its kind borring.
15 Mar 2016, 13:09 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

I dont know exactly what they should do something like save you re mmr or what ever but make it more dynamic because the way its right now its kind boring and doesn't have any relevance it does nt even work properly as a match making sistem.

Something different i would say something like SC2 but is way different as it works right now and it is nt that good even ( even thought that in SC2 you clearly see changes between seasons and there's some hierarchy between leagues which make you try hard to advance in that hierarchy (mostly in the top 200 )).

What i m trying to say is that relic could do something cool about the ladder system and make it more interesting. ( i know a while ago not to long ago you couldn't even see the ladder inside the game)

And this is important because even if people says that ladder doesnt matter even when you post here or speak with someone they will judge really quick what you said throw your position in the ladder.

Besides everything elsethe most improtant matter is the self satisfaction of climbing the ladder in a way that is entertaining and right now i guees its kind borring.

+1
15 Mar 2016, 13:19 PM

I'm just throwing 'War Effort' in this topic. Bye.
15 Mar 2016, 13:32 PM

I would love Relic to make season based models/faceplates/skins rewards.

Finish 1st receive unique vehicle model / faceplate / skin
Finish top 10 receive unique faceplate and skin
Finish top 50 receive faceplate

etc
15 Mar 2016, 15:38 PM

The only single thing it would achieve is to periodically make scrubs play against pros, nothing more.
15 Mar 2016, 15:58 PM
Patrion 15

I played 20 maybe 26 3v3 USF games but find myself in top10 and hold the 7th place for quite some time and never tried 3v3 again cuz of boredom of achiving something easy. Yea the leaderbords should be seperated into tiers&legues. I like the idea of having bronze, gold,etc... tiers beatween players. Gives another arsenal to tease with people :foreveralone:
I would probly play more games to get higher tier but thats just me. Overall I really think THIS should be the next thing Relic should focus after war spoils.

Edit: Now that I've checked a screenshot. Its beatween 13- 15 games
15 Mar 2016, 16:04 PM

I'm just throwing 'War Effort' in this topic. Bye.

I'm just throwing a +1 on this.

Cya
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak