Login

russian armor

Balance feelings after some matches : Not fun at all.

13 Mar 2016, 06:24 AM

New version down in my last post:

Balance feelings after many matches : Game really not as fun as it was, especially in 4vs4.

The last patch seem to have tip the balance in favored of the Axis (OKW). So much that the game is not as fun at it was.

The days of the OKW 5 starz terminator blobs raping anything are back...

To vet the blob, just follow it with a Panther or two and ripe the xp in no time. Retreat after a few loss then rince and repeat. Panther smoke to protect them or med supply drops...

It also force others factions to blob/spam to survive (US/UK), It's lame, dull and boring.

Game becoming a Starcraft wwII mod...And it's not fun !!!

I'm not a pro, neither a fanboy, i'm just an old wargamer wishing that his favorite game be fun.

I migrate from table wargames (Avalon hill squad leader/panzer leader) to VCOH then COHO (the best) and finally COH2. Don't make me quit the COH world !

Plz Relic, don't scrap my favorite game.

Plz tune OKW and give all factions better tools to kill blobbing sickness.

Thanks.
13 Mar 2016, 06:28 AM

lol..mutiple videos have been posted that so called elite vet 5 are getting beaten by vet 3 rifles and tommies in cover.....although shreck blobs are stronger now....the reason us/uk players are blobing is because the mainline infantry is too strong for them while the elite infy for okw/us/ukf/ost are useless just spam standard infy i think standard infy need to be toned down and elite infy buffed
13 Mar 2016, 06:33 AM

Balance feelings after many matches : Game really not as fun as it was, especially in 4vs4.

The last patch seem to have tip the balance in favored of the Axis (OKW). So much that the game is not as fun at it was.

To vet the blob, just follow it with a Panther or two and ripe the xp in no time. Retreat after a few loss then rince and repeat. Panther smoke to protect them or med supply drops...

It also force others factions to blob/spam to survive (US/UK), It's lame, dull and boring.

I'm not a pro, neither a fanboy, i'm just an old wargamer wishing that his favorite game be fun.

I migrate from table wargames (Avalon hill squad leader/panzer leader) to VCOH then COHO (the best) and finally COH2. Don't make me quit the COH world !

Thanks.

Have you tried Combat Mission? It's essentially ASL but in a 3D environment, if you need a WW2 Wargame fix that's it.
13 Mar 2016, 06:39 AM

Have you tried Combat Mission? It's essentially ASL but in a 3D environment, if you need a WW2 Wargame fix that's it.

I know that game too. Don't like it that much even if i tried it a few time.

I'm not throwing the towel yet. I just want my game as fun as it was !!!.
13 Mar 2016, 06:58 AM

Allies were completely overpowered last patch to the point where it was impossible to lose with them as long as you try, amount of mistakes they forgive was no less than astronomical.

Idk about axis this one, but allies still have their superior rocket arty (while werfer was nerfed hard), so i dont see a problem with blobs in 4v4.
13 Mar 2016, 07:28 AM
Patrion 14

No more easy ally games, stop whining OP
13 Mar 2016, 08:53 AM

Funny, Ive found 3v3 and 4v4 to be more fun than ever atm.

I never used to play them much, but Im having quite balanced and long games at the moment.
13 Mar 2016, 09:06 AM

Relic making balance for competitive 1v1. 3v3/4v4 suffer cause this
13 Mar 2016, 09:08 AM

I'm just loving the Cromwell crush in 4v4s. Road rage against them shrek blobs!
Phy
13 Mar 2016, 09:49 AM

For me the game looks pretty balanced -i need more games though-. Only problem I see with allies is SU core units which are a bit meh and you have to do cheese stuff to win -which is pretty boring-.

OKW is strong again, which is fine, only problem is that its design encourages blobing so hard which is also boring to play with and against.

The way to go now is to buff underused units to diversify strategies and give the player different ways to play, specially encouraging combined arms because certain factions are totally braindead because no other thing can be done.
13 Mar 2016, 13:28 PM

If you say the game is balanced, it's balanced.

Who i am to say the contrary.

But the way it's played now is not as fun as it was for me.

Thanks
13 Mar 2016, 13:50 PM

Thanks.

Side tech and removing shreks from volks (to sturmpios?) is all that is needed. Wher seems fine.

Also stuka 50kg bomb needs altering as at the moment its just deters any static artillery or prepared defenses with one click.....especially after that massive ninja buff.....

Just had a game where volks blobs were so bad they countered a KV-8 and centaur combo....or perhaps its the counters that are lack-luster?

But anyway......thinking you're going to get any sympathy for allies from people on here? Nah mate you'd stand better chances at the Reichstag in 1944 XD
13 Mar 2016, 14:01 PM

"Nah mate you'd stand better chances at the Reichstag in 1944 XD"

Or criticizing the fashion sense of nazi chic fetish freaks at a BDSM festival. :D

It is a genuine paraphilia apparently...
13 Mar 2016, 14:26 PM

Yeah...its fun playing vs brit blobs of IS and Comets backed up by a freaking sim city. USF M1919 RifleTerms supported by Callies and M36s are annoying as hell. Definietly not fun.

Nevermid the 1 click demos and squad-wiping 30 muni mines.

Maxim spam :foreveralone:

Your bullshit applies to both sides.
13 Mar 2016, 14:45 PM

"Your bullshit applies to both sides."

Was hoping for a reply from someone with a sexy jackbooted stormtrooper as an avatar but you'll do.

Rofl.

13 Mar 2016, 14:47 PM

Allies do the same. So please quit the whine
13 Mar 2016, 14:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

"Nah mate you'd stand better chances at the Reichstag in 1944 XD"

Or criticizing the fashion sense of nazi chic fetish freaks at a BDSM festival. :D

It is a genuine paraphilia apparently...

Looking good is no war crime
13 Mar 2016, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 13:50 PMGrim

But anyway......thinking you're going to get any sympathy for allies from people on here? Nah mate you'd stand better chances at the Reichstag in 1944 XD

Implying majority of coh2.org has more axis sympathy than hardcore nazi's.

Stay classy allied fanboys.
13 Mar 2016, 15:08 PM

"Your bullshit applies to both sides."

Was hoping for a reply from someone with a sexy jackbooted stormtrooper as an avatar but you'll do.

Rofl.

Stay classy bois
13 Mar 2016, 16:50 PM

If you say the game is balanced, it's balanced.

Who i am to say the contrary.

But the way it's played now is not as fun as it was for me.

Thanks

Exactly, everyone stop fucking bickering and focus on that last statement.

The balance right now is pretty good, but for the most part every faction has to resort to ahistorical cheese to win.

Demos and mines on doors aren't fun, Maxims aren't fun, most Soviet units being garbage isn't fun, Volks and call-in infantry spam isn't fun, sim city isn't fun.

Really to me the only fun match up now is USF against Ost, because there's a lot the Ost player can do and the USF player must try to react while still applying pressure. It's also less about OP unit cheese (with exception of Ace, imo) and more about actual tactics and strategy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 110
unknown 31
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak