Login

russian armor

SturmTiger+KT

11 Mar 2016, 18:44 PM

I was being sarcastic.

He is the first and only guy to start a balance thread about ST.

DO you ever comment with anything valuable? Like everything I read from you appears to be aimed at starting an argument that usually detracts from the actual conversation.

"Balance thread about ST" Seriously? Nowhere do I make the claim that the ST is OP, I am purely discussing it in the context of Relic's one heavy limit. The unit is fine as is, nothing about it should be changed performance wise, it's the matter of killing it while 2 other heavies are present on the field simultaneously.
11 Mar 2016, 18:50 PM

Is this the guy i beat yesterday in Minsk Pocket?

I had a SturmTiger and later on a KT, while my friend had an Elephant.

Problem was, the Russian and USF kept trying to rush us through the mid section, instead of flanking, ofc they would lose.

How hard is it to read? The scenario I described involved two OKW players, in which I've seen the combination of what I described multiple times now. It happens in games where control has been mostly even, and then the absurd health pool I have to destroy just becomes too much. I'm not really saying that the performance of these three heavies is to hard to deal with. I'll micro around an ST anyday, and KTs are almost just as slow, but a JT, KT, and ST in tandem demands some ridiculously brilliant flanking since the factions mainline infantry can upgrade to shrecks.
11 Mar 2016, 18:50 PM

And the AVRE does what again?

AVRE does not penetrate all the time.
AVRE has lower range.
AVRE has lower damage.
Sure, it has faster reload and turret but it all don't matter if you can't shoot from the fog.

Sturmtiger > AVRE all day long.
11 Mar 2016, 18:56 PM

AVRE does not penetrate all the time.
AVRE has lower range.
AVRE has lower damage.
Sure, it has faster reload and turret but it all don't matter if you can't shoot from the fog.

Sturmtiger > AVRE all day long.

Ok you forgot speed health armor mg on the turret faster aim can't pen only front KT so if you aim a little behind or to the sides you stil pen
And can't be decrewed while reloading ,effective damage soaker ,can be command tank for lower cool down on petard
11 Mar 2016, 19:04 PM

Ok you forgot speed health armor mg on the turret faster aim can't pen only front KT so if you aim a little behind or to the sides you stil pen
And can't be decrewed while reloading ,effective damage soaker ,can be command tank for lower cool down on petard

It all don't matter of you can shoot from FoW.
By the way, ST cannot soak damage? It can as well.

Shooting from fog of war > anything
11 Mar 2016, 19:08 PM

It all don't matter of you can shoot from FoW.
By the way, ST cannot soak damage? It can as well.

Shooting from fog of war > anything

Unlike the Churchill it needs to be in base to reload
And what he used shoot blocker dude you can hear the sturm tiger engine and don't remind me when is damaged its the stuff from nightmares (must be some kind of demon inside)
11 Mar 2016, 19:16 PM

You can keep saying your all pros for AVRE but the truth is simple.
AVRE will never be as efficient as Sturmtiger.

Show me your replays with vet 3 AVRE agasint decent opponent. Good luck.
As for the Sturmtiger, I can simply jump in and I will get such games right away.
11 Mar 2016, 19:18 PM

You can keep saying your all pros for AVRE but the truth is simple.
AVRE will never be as efficient as Sturmtiger.

Show me your replays with vet 3 AVRE agasint decent opponent. Good luck.
As for the Sturmtiger, I can simply jump in and I will get such games right away.

Could you please
11 Mar 2016, 19:20 PM

Could you please

Bang.
Your turn.

11 Mar 2016, 19:25 PM

Bang.
Your turn.

You said could you play right now not an old replay
11 Mar 2016, 19:28 PM

Before I forget, a legitimate concern with the Sturmtiger and heavy limits is reloading it in base and using a volk/rak whatever with attack ground to decrew, call in a new one and recrew.
11 Mar 2016, 19:32 PM

You said could you play right now not an old replay

Go, play some game and show me AVRE wrecking numbers of infantry and tanks. Good luck.

Right now I already provided a game. You did not.
11 Mar 2016, 19:34 PM

The AVRE is also more expensive I believe. Despite having much less impact.

The sturmtiger managed to escape the OKW cost adjustments somehow, it's really far too cheap.
Kri
12 Mar 2016, 10:31 AM

Before I forget, a legitimate concern with the Sturmtiger and heavy limits is reloading it in base and using a volk/rak whatever with attack ground to decrew, call in a new one and recrew.

That works? I have got to try that soon:D
ill buy the commander if that works.
12 Mar 2016, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 19:34 PMtenid

The sturmtiger managed to escape the OKW cost adjustments somehow, it's really far too cheap.

Which is especially problematic since it's locked behind cps instead of tech.

Comparisons to the KV series are pretty unfair. The KV-1 is just a beefier t34/76, and all KVs have far less health than the ST/Far less damage potential.
12 Mar 2016, 16:30 PM

actually sturmtiger isnt a heavy, or at least it uses medium armor camo. But still its more like an arty piece than a real heavy tank, since there isnt any way that this thing can act as one. Aswell, Limiting this to It or KT would mean that one of the skills is overlapping, since you can put the panzer commander on the King tiger.
12 Mar 2016, 22:25 PM

actually sturmtiger isnt a heavy, or at least it uses medium armor camo. But still its more like an arty piece than a real heavy tank, since there isnt any way that this thing can act as one.

The ISU is what exactly? And don't say a heavy tank destroyer, the ap shells are pretty unreliable.

Aswell, Limiting this to It or KT would mean that one of the skills is overlapping, since you can put the panzer commander on the King tiger.

I don't know what you mean here.
13 Mar 2016, 05:54 AM

The ISU is what exactly? And don't say a heavy tank destroyer, the ap shells are pretty unreliable.

I don't know what you mean here.
Dunno, the ISU seems to have some serious "use for everything, good for nothing", still, i wont see why it shouldnt go with IS2, its "shield and spear" combination isnt by far so good as KT/JT one. But you know, there is no doctrine with it. About the second, The sturmtiger doctrine has 2 upgrades for the KT(with more tanks), would be strange that you cant get a KT without sacrifice part of the doctrine
13 Mar 2016, 18:26 PM

Dunno, the ISU seems to have some serious "use for everything, good for nothing", still, i wont see why it shouldnt go with IS2, its "shield and spear" combination isnt by far so good as KT/JT one. But you know, there is no doctrine with it. About the second, The sturmtiger doctrine has 2 upgrades for the KT(with more tanks), would be strange that you cant get a KT without sacrifice part of the doctrine

Sort of like not allowing an is-2 if you build t34-85s in that soviet commander. It wouldnt make sense for one part of the commander be useless if you use another.
nee
13 Mar 2016, 20:23 PM

I am purely discussing it in the context of Relic's one heavy limit. The unit is fine as is, nothing about it should be changed performance wise, it's the matter of killing it while 2 other heavies are present on the field simultaneously.

Couple of problems:

1) You're thinking of the Sturmtiger from a team context, and ONLY from a team context- sure you play largely from team context but if you make such changes it affects other contexts;
2) Said team context is not always good (re dumbass teammates that don't support your flank or defense)- in such a case it won't matter how many STs KTs and JTs they can put out;
3) Not all games involve teams, unless you really think a suitable alternative is that when OKW player chooses Elite Armoured, he can never choose ST without sacrificing KT
4) This particularly context is about someone going Breakthrough Doctrine while the other goes Elite Armoured, these aren't the only two OKW doctrines to choose from, and sometimes people don't choose for synergy, they choose because they want so-and-so unit or ability

In any case I would think the entire point of this sort of synergy is to encourage- and reward- good teamplay. If you're suggesting that you can't have King Tiger if you deploy Sturmtiger, then no one will play that doctrine because ST is hardly comparable to KT in terms of role. At least Jagdtiger's role is much closer to KT's, and can just sit back and plonk at anything it can shoot at without much micromanagement, whereas Sturmtiger requires much more micro to keep alive and have an effect in the game. You'd have a point if ST can fire by itself without having to pull back for reload, at which time it is immobile and vulnerable to decrew....but that's not how ST works.

If there's anything to change it would be it's cost: at 560 MP, 160 FU, 18 popcap and unlocked a 11 CP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Germany 25
Russian Federation 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak