Login

russian armor

OKW Flak emplacements

8 Mar 2016, 15:41 PM

It's been almost 2 years since WFA came out, isn't it about time to fix these?
In my opinion they are the most pitiful unit in the game, I can't think of anything else that works so blatantly against your own interests. It could pretty much be replaced by a "Remove 250mp and 10 fuel" button.

I remebered them existing today and tried to use them in a few games, each time it was a disaster. Then I proceed to do some testing, to see how exactly they perform. See for yourself.

Riflemen
M20
8 Mar 2016, 15:50 PM

In my opinion they are the most pitiful unit in the game, I can't think of anything else that works so blatantly against your own interests. It could pretty much be replaced by a "Remove 250mp and 10 fuel" button.

I remebered them existing today and tried to use them in a few games, each time it was a disaster. Then I proceed to do some testing, to see how exactly they perform. See for yourself.

Riflemen
M20

Most pitiful unit in game? There is, actually, bigger "remove my resourses please" button, which calls Sexton S-P A.

And I would agree with fixing that poor emplacement only if Sexton and 25 pounders will be fixed with them in same one patch.

I think, 2cm Flak should be like UKF's emplacements - uncrewable and more armored and HPed. And get just litle bigger price for it, but still - it's better to have normal costed normal unit, than cheap useless one, yes?
8 Mar 2016, 16:01 PM
Donator 33

Nothing's a bigger waste than OKW FlaK emplacments. Even Sextons can actually deal some damage and be at least "meh" under the right conditions.

Make FlaKs undecrewable and the remove fuel cost or

make them undecrewable, buff them and adjust their price.
8 Mar 2016, 16:06 PM

Nothing's a bigger waste than OKW FlaK emplacments. Even Sextons can actually deal some damage and be at least "meh" under the right conditions.

Make FlaKs undecrewable and the remove fuel cost or

make them undecrewable, buff them and adjust their price.

M-42.
8 Mar 2016, 16:10 PM

M-42.

At least that doesn't cost fuel
8 Mar 2016, 16:13 PM

At least that doesn't cost fuel

There are a lot of units, which existing is veeeery questionable. And something should be done about them all. M-42, 2cm Flak 38, AssGrens, StuG E, Sturmtiger, M20 scout car, Partisans... They all should be fixed or deleted from game and changed to something better. There are a lot of options... but thats for another topic, I think.
8 Mar 2016, 16:21 PM

Sturmtiger, M20, Scout car, Partisans, They all should be fixed or deleted from game and changed to something better.

ScoutCar with FlamerEng/Penals, Partisans, USF rushing for quick M20s, Sturmtiger hitting the field at contested choke points are still rather persistent within the game, and even seen regularly within high end game-play tournaments.

Actually, Penals/ClownCars may even get a revival with their vet3 60% accuracy bonus.
8 Mar 2016, 16:49 PM

ScoutCar with FlamerEng/Penals, Partisans, USF rushing for quick M20s, Sturmtiger hitting the field at contested choke points are still rather persistent within the game, and even seen regularly within high end game-play tournaments.

Actually, Penals/ClownCars may even get a revival with their vet3 60% accuracy bonus.

Clown cars, clown cars everywhere
8 Mar 2016, 17:42 PM
Donator 33

M-42.

M-42 > FlaK :snfBarton:
8 Mar 2016, 17:47 PM
Donator 11

There are a lot of units, which existing is veeeery questionable. And something should be done about them all. M-42, 2cm Flak 38, AssGrens, StuG E, Sturmtiger, M20 scout car, Partisans... They all should be fixed or deleted from game and changed to something better. There are a lot of options... but thats for another topic, I think.

Actually I can only agree about first 2. All the others have well defined roles and are used. Maybe assgrens not that much but with vet bug fix they will be good tool against maxim spam, just like in old glorious days of that strategy.
8 Mar 2016, 17:48 PM

Unable to decrew - fixed.
8 Mar 2016, 17:53 PM

M42 light AT gun is a good unit that supplements a T1 build well. Don't change what is not broken.

The 2cm flak emplacement needs help. I made a thread about it as well a few weeks ago.
8 Mar 2016, 17:55 PM
Donator 33

Unable to decrew - fixed.

and remove pop cap or fuel cost. or both :foreveralone:
8 Mar 2016, 17:57 PM

Make it unable to de-crew, but to compensate, lower the emplacement's overall health by a small amount.
8 Mar 2016, 17:57 PM

and remove pop cap or fuel cost. or both :foreveralone:

Well, Im a bit afraid of these becasue knowing OKW MP float they could make sometimes like a 5 in one spot..

If we take away pop cap and fuel, then 60ammo is needed.
8 Mar 2016, 18:00 PM
Donator 33

5 of them could stand up against one rifle squad ! :romeoHype:

I agree tho, one could spam them pretty hard. Then again, their DPS is sheet :snfQuinn:
8 Mar 2016, 20:50 PM

I feel the same way about the USF fighting position. Another USF unit made of paper. Now it is only 125MP, but then you need 60 muni just to make it do anything. You can then put a 200MP RE in there for some anti vehicle grenades, which is nice. So you're looking at 325MP, and 60 muni, for some suppression, and a light vehicle counter. Most cases I find it pretty useless compared to where else I can spend those resources. But if the conditions are right, and you place it in a really good spot and at the right time, it can help big time. Very rare do I see an advantageous opportunity to use it, but it's there for when you need it. I personally don't know the finer details of the flak emplacement, but to me it sounds like of similar usefulness. Besides, it's also AA if that means anything. If somebody wants to enlighten me, I'd be happy to hear it.
9 Mar 2016, 01:49 AM

Clown cars, clown cars everywhere

I tried this tactic the other day - fantastic for taking out flanks/unguarded paths/laying traps/general trolling.

I feel the same way about the USF fighting position. Another USF unit made of paper. Now it is only 125MP, but then you need 60 muni just to make it do anything. You can then put a 200MP RE in there for some anti vehicle grenades, which is nice. So you're looking at 325MP, and 60 muni, for some suppression, and a light vehicle counter. Most cases I find it pretty useless compared to where else I can spend those resources. But if the conditions are right, and you place it in a really good spot and at the right time, it can help big time. Very rare do I see an advantageous opportunity to use it, but it's there for when you need it. I personally don't know the finer details of the flak emplacement, but to me it sounds like of similar usefulness. Besides, it's also AA if that means anything. If somebody wants to enlighten me, I'd be happy to hear it.

Area Denial buddy.
Otherwise you will be much like the Brits - very little area denial and open to flanking
9 Mar 2016, 01:56 AM

Riflemen
M20
Wow. That is the saddest thing I've seen today.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★