Login

russian armor

OKW Flak emplacements

9 Mar 2016, 06:15 AM

I used a it recently on steppes. Knew where the enemy was driving up their katyushas and built 3... Bye bye katys XD but aside from that one instance they blow hard. Remove the decrew and maybe give them something like a button type ability (maybe a price increase?) or at least a centaur type target ability so they can beat a rifle squad if the player tries instead of being a waste of everything...
9 Mar 2016, 06:36 AM
Developer Relic Badge

They'll need more than just decrew protection given. This thing needs massive buffs. It's probably one of the most buffed units in my mod due to how bad it is as a stationary defensive weapon.

-Their vehicle-like accuracy means they rely on scatter which is terrible for engaging infantry on anywhere which is not flat terrain and hitting inf in cover.

-Their low health means they can easily blow up.

-Their limited crew sizes makes them easy to snipe and can been stolen. (But honestly, who'd actually steal one unless it was in the OKW base?)

-Their long reload and only being able to fire around one to two burst before reloading means they are vulnerable, particularly if they failed to do anything on that burst. Worse they have 2.5 seconds of cooldown.

-Lack of actual damage. It fires 6 rounds per burst at 15 damage, but it has 0.5-0.75 seconds of bursts which means its actually firing less than six rounds most of the time unless the target is at a far distance.

-Their mediocre range of 40 means they aren't really that good at playing defense like a machine gun bunker, even if they do have 360 rotation.

It needs the major buffs to even be semi-viable even if it means a pop and cost increase. It means it can actually lockdown areas against infantry.

Some of my changed that should be minimum and these aren't even all the changes of what I did:

-Gun health from 470 to 560.
-Now accuracy value. 0.05/0.0375/0.025 to 0.775/0.5/0.46.
-Range from 40 to 45.
-Cooldown reduced to 1.75 seconds from 2.5
-Gun now has a higher target priority. Units will now focus on shooting the gun over the crew.
-Increased the number of cooldowns required before reloading from 1-2 to 5.
-Accuracy against targets in heavy cover/garrisons from 0.5 to 0.8. Light cover to 0.9.
-Can now use attack ground.
-Crew from 2 to 4.

I know cover is important, but the flak emplacement should deny infantry from even going into an area like an MG bunker or Bofors. Indirect-fire and armour/heavier vehicles should be required to clear it rather than being able to shoot the crew in the face.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★