Login

russian armor

major's artillery need a price decrease

8 Mar 2016, 10:18 AM

that call in howitzer have been basically useless since day 1. 120 munition is far too high for the barrage's speed and damage. The cost should be lowered to 60-90.

it would also provide the major with another use beside acting as forward retreat point.
8 Mar 2016, 10:24 AM

It used to be good when you we're able to abuse the vet 2 bug that dropped the extra shells OpieOP Just spammed the arty on OKW medic truck and once you hit vet 2 it dropped the extra shells there MVGame
8 Mar 2016, 10:29 AM

90 mun vet 2 ability only 3 shell 300 pen 120 dmg
Fixed
8 Mar 2016, 11:24 AM

There is 1 more ineffective artillery off-map strike from Infantry Company doctrine. Costs a lot, but can't be effective, just because of huge delay between flares drop and shells falling. Should be fixed ASAP too.
8 Mar 2016, 11:27 AM

There is 1 more ineffective artillery off-map strike from Infantry Company doctrine. Costs a lot, but can't be effective, just because of huge delay between flares drop and shells falling. Should be fixed ASAP too.

Time on target TIME ON ********* TARGET it need time to target
By your logic railway and Stuka bomb are useless kek
8 Mar 2016, 11:44 AM

Time on target TIME ON ********* TARGET it need time to target
By your logic railway and Stuka bomb are useless kek

Well, nobody saying, that Raliway arty is good. I think it is useless, right because of that "time on target" and ridiculous explosion power. It is 803mm Gun. 803mm!!! And even same Stuka Dive Bomb is more dangerous than that. Of course, Relic don't care so much about realism or history, but that's just crazy.

And stuka dive bomb has 2 benefits unlike that artystrike - no flares at all and 100% accuracy of shell drop. For that 100% accuracy and it's OPness they banned "precise strike" for ML-20 and (more important) B-4 howitzers, but allow to have a same for Wehrmacht. I call it "hypocrisy".
8 Mar 2016, 11:50 AM

Well, nobody saying, that Raliway arty is good. I think it is useless, right because of that "time on target" and ridiculous explosion power. It is 803mm Gun. 803mm!!! And even same Stuka Dive Bomb is more dangerous than that. Of course, Relic don't care so much about realism or history, but that's just crazy.

And stuka dive bomb has 2 benefits unlike that artystrike - no flares at all and 100% accuracy of shell drop. For that 100% accuracy and it's OPness they banned "precise strike" for ML-20 and (more important) B-4 howitzers, but allow to have a same for Wehrmacht. I call it "hypocrisy".

Man time on target is strong when it hit its a lot of shell low scatter Stuka has no flare but a big weeeeeeeeeeee boom
8 Mar 2016, 11:54 AM

I think relic would do well to have a thorough review of all arty.

At the moment certain strikes drastically outperform their munitions costs or what a single strike ability should do while others you can sit inside the red flares with a blob and suffer no consequences.

Most are entirely situational or map dependent like airstrikes close to map edges.
8 Mar 2016, 15:11 PM

I'd rather it got a stat buff then price reduction. As the USF's primary way of dealing with things like Pak43s and blobs, its pretty bad.

But US got the Calliope, so that's never going to actually happen.
8 Mar 2016, 16:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'd rather it got a stat buff then price reduction. As the USF's primary way of dealing with things like Pak43s and blobs, its pretty bad.

Ditto. I'd pay the 120 price for it just fine if the performance anywhere near fit that.

As it stands now, it'll probably hit one, maybe two squads in a blob once at most before they all retreat, and that's assuming the blob's controller isn't paying attention enough to not get hit. Even if they don't retreat, you're blessed by RNGesus to actually get a wipe from it.
8 Mar 2016, 20:18 PM
Patrion 14

it should get better.
8 Mar 2016, 20:32 PM

But but but... they fixed the Max/Min time between shells falling! Isn't that enough for you people!?

On a side note, I kind of want to get an army of Majors and an army of Tommies upgraded with Pyrotechnics and have them lob Arty at each other to see whose is the least terrible.
8 Mar 2016, 20:52 PM

Kind of off topic but what do you all think of letting the major place a forward retreat point like a pathfinder places a reinforcement beacon so that the major can actually be used on the front line for his abilities? Major arty is pretty bad but even if it was improved I doubt you'd see majors being used for it on any map larger than a 1v1 since the forward retreat is too strong.
8 Mar 2016, 21:44 PM
Patrion 14

100 muni would be nice, too cheap and it gives USF way too big a boost imo.

Imagine with almost every 2 pushes you could call in an arty with the major, would just steamroll defensive factions like Ost.
9 Mar 2016, 07:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 21:44 PMLooney
100 muni would be nice, too cheap and it gives USF way too big a boost imo.

Imagine with almost every 2 pushes you could call in an arty with the major, would just steamroll defensive factions like Ost.

100mu sounds nice, a stat buff would be welcome in addition (not too big but one none the less)
9 Mar 2016, 07:10 AM

I think it will be fairly priced only at 20 munitions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
Germany 826
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak