Login

russian armor

Bofors

8 Mar 2016, 02:04 AM

I still stand by my comments that simcity counters retard players (in regards to how they attack them), however, the bofots needs a fuel increase, the amount of effort required to destroy one with either Advanced Emplacement Regiment or Engineer regiment is tremendous.

It requires an entire tech change to fight it as Wehr (mortar HT/Werfer/Arty) and OKW (stuka/3x ISG) and it barely changes the tech for the brit player, so he can still get a cromwell/other tank very fast.

it should be 50/60 fuel (same as AEC) minimum IMO, 30 is just ridiculous. When I finally destroy one after a 5 minute siege of Helms Deep its a good feeling, but then its just rebuilt in 30 seconds and means nothing to the brit player.
8 Mar 2016, 02:26 AM

IMO, since the issue seems related to advance emplacements regiment/royal enginners regiment and not with the bofors itself i think you should focus more on the commanders rather than the unit itself
8 Mar 2016, 02:35 AM

Relic made its own downfall by adding emplacements. No doubt the most cancerous element in the game, and yet they support it. Join the many threads that have to do with British emplacements..
8 Mar 2016, 03:00 AM

OstInTears needs a long-ranged, stock semihard-counter to all kind of buildings.

Case closed.
8 Mar 2016, 03:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 02:04 AMpugzii
OP

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 17:29 PMpugzii
Basically the Advanced Emplacement doctrine hardcounters trash players.

The Bofors counters idiots who dont understand how to attack it or just move to the other part of the map and the counter battery counters idiots who refuse to relocate after barrages/split their LeIG spam up.

Thanks for the lolz
8 Mar 2016, 03:53 AM

Thanks for the lolz

They do hardcounter shit kids who don't know how to fight it. They are also however to cheap and are replaced to quickly
8 Mar 2016, 04:48 AM

OstInTears needs a long-ranged, stock semihard-counter to all kind of buildings.

Case closed.

What else could you possibly add that isn't covered by mortars, AT Gun, Flame HT, and the bevy of doctrinal counters that OST has (Mortar HT, Stuka Bomb, LeFH, Etc.)

The counters are there its just that Helm's Deep commander is annoying to crack and forces you into either a war or attrition or to just cap around his SIM city. It doesn't really justify increasing the cost just because of that.
8 Mar 2016, 05:53 AM

Some brits fanboy begins to play the faction they don't like before and finally feels the pain lol.
8 Mar 2016, 05:56 AM

Case closed.

This sounds suspiciously like a Pak or Mortar.
8 Mar 2016, 05:57 AM

No it's ok you should always choose the MHT/LeFH commander,or you should build 4 ISGs/5 mortars.
8 Mar 2016, 06:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 05:57 AMatouba
No it's ok you should always choose the MHT/LeFH commander,or you should build 4 ISGs/5 mortars.

It indeed works but since this game is about pay to win, the problem is the Sim city counter barrage and immortal mortar pits.
8 Mar 2016, 06:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 05:57 AMatouba

4 ISG's? Like 1400+ manpower to counter a 280Manpower 30fuel building?
nee
8 Mar 2016, 06:35 AM

I think one way to deal with this is that the advanced fortifications upgrade for emplacements should be done via sappers, rather than a plain munitions upgrade. Sort of like Hulldown and Emergency War Speed.

That way, if you want your emplacements buffed further, you need to have sappers do so individually, which takes time and an infantry squad. You can still get those benefits, but you'll have to divert infantry from doing other work to get it.

Relic made its own downfall by adding emplacements. No doubt the most cancerous element in the game, and yet they support it. Join the many threads that have to do with British emplacements..
Would you give someone cancer if you knew you'll make money out of it?

No? Well what if you got a publisher constantly hounding your ass?
8 Mar 2016, 06:52 AM

I agree with OP, Bofors needs fuel price increase.

If I remember correctly, OKW flak emplacements cost 20 fuel? Only 10 fuel less and that thing is, well, not great...
8 Mar 2016, 07:57 AM

If I remember correctly, OKW flak emplacements cost 20 fuel? Only 10 fuel less and that thing is, well, not great...

the same could be said for

USSR scout car (25 fuel) vs Universal Carrier (no fuel) vs Kubel (5? fuel).

the two cheaper ones having much better combat capability/utility.
8 Mar 2016, 08:00 AM

Make bofos 50 fuel and you will make it useless in 1v1. No one cares about what happening in 4v4 scrub modes.
8 Mar 2016, 10:32 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 08:00 AMNEVEC
Make bofos 50 fuel and you will make it useless in 1v1. No one cares about what happening in 4v4 scrub modes.

Looks like you play 1v1 and know how it :D.
8 Mar 2016, 10:43 AM

that is why is suggested that assault guns become better at killing fortification...
Having specialized units to destroy fortification would provide a counter to turtling and make these units that seem little action become more attractive...
8 Mar 2016, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 17:29 PMpugzii
Basically the Advanced Emplacement doctrine hardcounters trash players.

The Bofors counters idiots who dont understand how to attack it or just move to the other part of the map and the counter battery counters idiots who refuse to relocate after barrages/split their LeIG spam up.

Thanks for the lolz

+1 good pick :thumbsup:
8 Mar 2016, 12:09 PM

If you are going to make the OKW 2cm flak emplacement the golden standard of balance, then pretty much every unit in the game needs a massive price increase. The OKW 2cm flak emplacement is severely under powered and is thus never used. Relic could remove it from the game with a ninja patch and people would not even notice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★