Login

russian armor

Optional Territory Point Details

Would you enjoy if this was added to the game as an optional graphics feature?
Option Distribution Votes
45%
5%
24%
18%
5%
3%
Total votes: 38
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
7 Mar 2016, 17:59 PM

Introduction:
Back on February 25th, a new update released which included a new graphical option that allowed the player to chose to see only historical skins. That feature got me thinking about the idea I am about to present to you. The new feature I'd like to add, would add an option for the flags on territory points to include national symbols/emblems, which would function similar to how CoH1 territory points worked. It would be able to be toggled on and off, similar to toggling player colors in the graphics settings.

Territory points from CoH1:

In CoH1, if axis captured a territory point, it would appear similar to this:

In CoH1, if allies captured a territory point, it would appear similar to this:

Symbols/Emblems that would be shown IF toggled on:

In CoH2, it would have a symbol/emblem depending on their faction, not their general side. The red/blue backgrounds on the images would change depending on what side's point-of-view you'd view the point from, just like the territory points we have currently have in-game. Here are what I'd imagine the flags looking like:

If a Soviet player captures a territory point:

If a Wehrmacht player captures a territory point:

If a USF player captures a territory point (This emblem centered on the flag):

If an OKW player captures a territory point:

If a UKF player captures a territory point:

Note: I excluded symbols/emblems with swastikas to not offend anybody, and because it would be easier on Relic.

Remember, this would be optional, and would be able to be toggled on/off in the graphics settings, similar how you can toggle player colors. If you like this idea, but would rather have a different symbol/emblem for a faction, please tell me in the reply section.

Thanks for reading this, and please tell me your thoughts below!
~Karbinder
7 Mar 2016, 18:03 PM

The second picture is of an observation post. I don't think there was a difference in appearance between the factions on those.
7 Mar 2016, 18:07 PM

Would like to see that because I am sick of these loveless one coloured flags since day one.
7 Mar 2016, 20:23 PM

I'm on board. CoH2's better about the little details then CoH1 was, so it surprised me this didn't make it through.
7 Mar 2016, 21:46 PM

The second picture is of an observation post. I don't think there was a difference in appearance between the factions on those.

Yea, Ik. I just have limited pictures of territory flags on CoH1.
7 Mar 2016, 21:57 PM

So much this. Relic pls
8 Mar 2016, 01:41 AM

Would like to see that because I am sick of these loveless one coloured flags since day one.

In my point of view, It gives me a bit more purpose, and adds enjoyment to the game. You'd no longer be just capturing a point, you'd be fighting to see your faction's flag fly over the enemy territory.

I'm on board. CoH2's better about the little details then CoH1 was, so it surprised me this didn't make it through.

Exactly my thoughts.
8 Mar 2016, 01:56 AM

While your at it make it so you can phase through the flags with vehicles. Would help solve a few pathing issues.
8 Mar 2016, 02:04 AM

While your at it make it so you can phase through the flags with vehicles. Would help solve a few pathing issues.

Booting Up System...
Loaded
Possible Sarcasm Detected
Error
Reloading...
Error
Emergency Shutdown Imminent
Shutdown Failed
Sensory Systems Overload
Deleting Folder C:\Windows\System32
System Critical
8 Mar 2016, 03:23 AM

Booting Up System...
Loaded
Possible Sarcasm Detected
Error
Reloading...
Error
Emergency Shutdown Imminent
Shutdown Failed
Sensory Systems Overload
Deleting Folder C:\Windows\System32
System Critical

??? I wasn't being sarcastic. Someone a while ago suggested the idea and i agree. Vehicles getting stuck on capture points is uber frustrating. Obviously caches are a different story.
8 Mar 2016, 03:34 AM

nee
8 Mar 2016, 06:47 AM

Ambivalent. I don't even know what the flags look like, seeing as I'm concerned with playing the game.

If they're going to do this it should stay neutral, like faction emblems and not national flags.

To improve on the idea, the flags instead could utilize your team's decals. Whoever took the flag will show that decal. So not merely union jack or iron cross, but the MWNL heart icon, or the Relic trademark, and so on. At least then, players can customize whatever they want easily.
8 Mar 2016, 13:15 PM

Yes, this is a good idea. At the same time I'd also like to see them have the option to remove the terrible player color decals from vehicles/buildings/at guns.

I really, really hate the blue/yellow/etc. stripes on tanks to help 'identify' them. There's a giant coloured icon floating above the unit which is fine on its own, please don't desecrate my lovely t34/stug/command panther with a silly light blue stripe.
8 Mar 2016, 13:33 PM
Donator 22

+1
Good idea
8 Mar 2016, 15:00 PM

??? I wasn't being sarcastic. Someone a while ago suggested the idea and i agree. Vehicles getting stuck on capture points is uber frustrating. Obviously caches are a different story.

Sorry, just the way you phrased it. Sarcasm detector gets mixed up sometimes :(. I'd rather just have a general improvement to vehicle pathing rather than merely making capture points intangible.
8 Mar 2016, 20:31 PM

Sorry, just the way you phrased it. Sarcasm detector gets mixed up sometimes :(. I'd rather just have a general improvement to vehicle pathing rather than merely making capture points intangible.

I said while youre at it allow tanks to phase through flags. Not excluding. I love your idea for better flags! I just don't want them to obstruct vehicle pathing.
8 Mar 2016, 21:02 PM

I said while youre at it allow tanks to phase through flags. Not excluding. I love your idea for better flags! I just don't want them to obstruct vehicle pathing.

The only change I'm presenting is just adding a faction-related symbol/emblem to the flags. There shouldn't be any changes to the actual size of the territory point.
8 Mar 2016, 21:17 PM

Seems cool but what i really want is tanks and at guns to not get stuck on points, you know make them passable. Losing a stug because hes driving backwards and suddenly needs to rotate at a capture point can piss me off a lot
8 Mar 2016, 21:41 PM

Seems cool but what i really want is tanks and at guns to not get stuck on points, you know make them passable. Losing a stug because hes driving backwards and suddenly needs to rotate at a capture point can piss me off a lot

Although I really do hate path-finding issues, I'd really appreciate if we'd now get back on topic. :D
8 Mar 2016, 22:03 PM

The only change I'm presenting is just adding a faction-related symbol/emblem to the flags. There shouldn't be any changes to the actual size of the territory point.

I know. I'm just saying in addition to you idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★