Login

russian armor

So. no Japan or Italy , but a THIRD German Army?

8 Mar 2016, 06:48 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Relic just needed to launch the game with four factions with a similar base but with different equipment reflecting the time period differences of 1941/42 vs. 1944/45.

Of course, the factions would be separate and not in the same pool. You would search mid war/late war factions.

This would allow for German Afrika corps/British African faction and 1944 Brit faction.

Could get Italian faction.

But hey, I'm just a loser and don't know what I'm talking about.
8 Mar 2016, 07:29 AM
Donator 22

You're the light, you're the night
You're the color of my blood
You're the cure, you're the pain
You're the only thing I wanna touch....

p.s.
A new faction is not needed imo
8 Mar 2016, 08:37 AM

The better idea for factions would be to not do nations but rather types of divisions/corps/armies.

US Armored Division is a unique faction, German Panzer Army, Soviet Shock Army, German Infantry Division, British Airborne, Soviet Mechanized corps, etc.

There could be some sharing of certain units but you could set prices and do different tech and structures for each one.
Different type of vehicles, different commander, different call-ins, different infantry, different upgrades etc.

It would allow for more factions to be designed. Naturally a bitch to balance but it could be interesting.

Now we can have Germany, USSR, British and Americans and it's kinda hard to argue for anything else. Their either too minor or would be too weak compared to others.
8 Mar 2016, 10:51 AM
Donator 22

I think I don't like the idea of another faction. While it might be fun to see them and play around with some new stuff we will just run into new balance problems.

4 factions already have been hard to balance, 5 factions is insane; if they add another faction this might just be the killing blow for the patience and endurance of many players.

I'd just be happy if they keep it like it is and balance the game as good as possible. Maybe add some commanders, but that's about it.
8 Mar 2016, 12:24 PM

Hetzer, Jagdpanther, Stug Ausf G, volksturm, 3rd Reich last-stand sort of army, volksturm cheaper then ostruppen :banana: and cheap/effecient TD for desperate defense....
8 Mar 2016, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 10:31 AMSappi
As always, I'm rooting for the Luftwaffe / Hermann Göring Panzerkorps faction. Field blue uniforms, theme of army would be spammable trash screening fragile hard hitters.

The HG PzKorps fought on all fronts, so makes sense historically.

T0 Luftwaffe Ground Troops for basic trash infantry / builder, Kettenkrad scout/capper.

T1 buildable Falls for fragile elite infantry. 10,5cm LG 40 for Antitank and light arty.

T2 Panzer III for cheap medium armor. Wirbelwind for suppression / AI. Marder III for fragile AT armor. PzIII upgradable to Flammpanzer III.

T3 Wespe for heavy arty, Nashorn for heavy fragile AT, StuH heavy fragile AI

FlaK 88 and Quad flak as emplacements.

Excellent idea, would love a Jagdpanther to be thrown in the mix too.
8 Mar 2016, 16:32 PM
Patrion 14

A Jpanther for their heavy tank? It kind of deviates from the spammable trash / fragile hard hitter -dynamic, though.
8 Mar 2016, 16:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 06:40 AMnee
Threads like these remind me of the US military's digital camo craze.

Eh? You taking the Universal(ly useless everywhere) Camouflage Pattern? (Except for someone's couch)
8 Mar 2016, 20:12 PM

Hate me, but a Japanese faction would be as good or maybe even better than a 1943 based afrika korps. I dont dislike the idea of an afrika korps but ugh, a third German faction? Id rlly rather see Italy or even try something with Finland rather than more copypaste German accents.
8 Mar 2016, 20:27 PM

How can you say that a tank with 25mm frontal armor was on par with sherman? Even p2 was better armored... Chi-Ha Shinoto was on par with panzer 38(t) or crusader at best.

Id actually put it in par with a Sherman too, although it didnt had as much armour, it could still one shot a Sherman or any other medium tank with its long 47mm gun. Thats a bit like saying the Nashhorn, the Jackson or the Hellcat sucked because they also had paper thin armour, which is not true in my opinion. Id say the Shinhoto is more in par with the long gunned panzer III though.
8 Mar 2016, 20:38 PM

I do not see any reason to argue that the Japanese tanks are fragile, because it is a game. Main in the game - balance.
Lynx - a cardboard one shot tank. In the game he destroyed with three shots ZIS-3. Talking about the historicity - absurd
8 Mar 2016, 20:47 PM

new faction? how about fixing the game...
nee
9 Mar 2016, 08:47 AM

I do not see any reason to argue that the Japanese tanks are fragile, because it is a game. Main in the game - balance.
Lynx - a cardboard one shot tank. In the game he destroyed with three shots ZIS-3. Talking about the historicity - absurd
mmkay by that logic, Panzer I can pwn Yamato.

Or if you're remotely serious, Panzer 4 can be equal to Pershing...and somehow also be equal to Stuart.
9 Mar 2016, 09:22 AM

I'm curious, why are you all insist on a new axis faction?
1. Like HighFive said, Italians and Japans - NOPE
2. New german army would be to similar to current axis factions. Remember that Africa Korps had early-mid war equipment and their biggest and strongest weapon was Tiger so technicly they would have worse units from all axis armies.
3. Every new content ruined gameplay for months.

Honestly i would prefer having better balance and add some new tiers/basic units/upgrades for factions are already in the game.
9 Mar 2016, 09:59 AM

Afrika coprs fought in italy as well, but as much as i enjoy plating axis i think a third german faction is too much
9 Mar 2016, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 08:47 AMnee
mmkay by that logic, Panzer I can pwn Yamato.

Or if you're remotely serious, Panzer 4 can be equal to Pershing...and somehow also be equal to Stuart.

Thats exactly how this game works actually, you nailed it, everything is based on Healthpower and on an amount of damage given by each unit among other reasons, its all based on balanced by the devs standards. Also have in mind that nothing is one shotted in this game and the characteistics of every unit are heavily tuned due to the same balancing system, with every Churchill having more or less the same health as a Tiger for example, IS2 having the same amount of armour as the KT and dealing the same damage as a Tiger I dispite having a much bigger gun, the 222 scout light vehicle being destroyed by two 90mm Jackson shots or other bigger calliber guns, some halftracks and many other light armoured (or armourless) vehicles being destroyed by two Jagdtiger shots, and I could go on with many other examples. This game is very far away from realistic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★