Login

russian armor

Vet fix March 9th

PAGES (10)down
4 Mar 2016, 17:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm just gonna say, it's gonna be a madness in the balance section.

PD: IB4 Obers with passive suppression OP
aaa
4 Mar 2016, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 16:51 PMTobis

Look at the picture, you can see the ost sniper just came onto the field because of radio intercept. Look at the minimap, he just spawned this second and hasn't even come onto the playing area. You took this picture the instant he spawned to try and prove your point that there are more Ost squads. However, you can also see that in the Soviet base he is building something from the HQ, though it could be medics or something. The Ost mg is also only 20 manpower more expensive, not 40.

both sides are teching. With same spending on tech OH will always have +1 squad. Also grens dont need to research anything have all for free.
sov snipe came 30 sec after oH snipe in that game dont know what does it change for you.
4 Mar 2016, 17:04 PM

Not necessarily broken....

Provided the original stats for units were based on a roughly mathematical formula ( which is how I would have done it) then you might well find it is only the units which have been significantly buffed or nerfed which now need to be rebalanced.

For instance Sturmpioneers have very good close range DPS and are a free initial unit. Brit Engineers are also a close range unit but are cheaper and only come out later. Hence in a 30min game ( rough average) the 30 mins of high dps available for 300mp should be countered by a cost relatively higher dps for the Brit faction. If Engys were 'designed' to come out at 5 minutes then the calculation is simple. Give the pios a value of 10..

10 x 30mins = 300. Divide by MP gives a value of 1.
Hence for engineers it would be 210 / 25 mins = 8.4.

Hence engineers 'should' be about 16% weaker despite costing 30% less. Of course you should also factor in mp in terms of upkeep but you get the idea.

In short within assigned roles the units should be mathematically balanced.
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 16:34 PMTobis

I'm predicting OKW call-in meta over volks now. Panzerfussiliers get 60% more accuracy at vet 4 now... Jaegers will also be pretty damn fantastic.

panzerfüsliere on vet4/5 are already unkillable.
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 17:02 PMaaa

both sides are teching. With same spending on tech OH will always have +1 squad. Also grens dont need to research anything have all for free.
sov snipe came 30 sec after oH snipe in that game dont know what does it change for you.

Now you're the one clearly lying. If the OH sniper came out 30 seconds ago why does the radio intercept ping him as just entering the field?
4 Mar 2016, 17:05 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Understanding the full scope of this is like getting sucker punched in the gut and having your wind knocked out. :facepalm:
Phy
4 Mar 2016, 17:08 PM

Who wanted coh3? Next patch will be. Totally different game. We, all old coh1 players, had this feeling that something was wrong with coh2 but we could realize what it was. Now we know it.

A part of me feels really upset and disappointed with Relic but at the same time I'm a bit excited about the new coh2's awakening.
1 of 8 Relic postsRelic 4 Mar 2016, 17:15 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Can't fix a reinforcement XP bug due to game engine limitations. Broken reinforcement since launch.

Relic never checked that elite squads keep their upgraded elite when getting reinforced. Feature not tested since launch.

10/10 relic.

I don't think this issue has been since launch. There was some Veterancy Stack Issues that were a few patches back. I believe this issue to be a knock on of those fixes.

Just my 2 Cents :)
aaa
4 Mar 2016, 17:17 PM

list of vet changes to all units is needed
4 Mar 2016, 17:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 17:08 PMPhy
Who wanted coh3? Next patch will be. Totally different game. We, all old coh1 players, had this feeling that something was wrong with coh2 but we could realize what it was. Now we know it.

A part of me feels really upset and disappointed with Relic but at the same time I'm a bit excited about the new coh2's awakening.

Reminder for all, that this might have been broken since 4 months ago, when they tried to fix the veterancy stacking with support weapons and things like the On me bug.
4 Mar 2016, 17:34 PM

To be honest I didn't even notice a thing.

Sometimes I thought that, in some games, wiping units was useless because the enemy was able to keep the same amount of pressure just replacing those units by new ones. I suppose, and hope, that with this patch unit preservation will be rewarded again and this kind of player won't be able to do this.

The problem will be to balance all units veterancy again, because 4 months of 0 feedback on veterancy...
4 Mar 2016, 17:45 PM

grens were never really affected by this, because the last guy on the squad holding the LMG would never lose his buffs right?

and the K98 is already too good without any bonuses.

no wonder my scrips would always get rekt
4 Mar 2016, 17:45 PM
4 Mar 2016, 17:46 PM

"... in fact due to limitations with CoH2’s game engine and therefore the engine itself would need to be updated..."

Horray! They're not principally opposed to game engine upgrade / modification / changes. If I recall, there's a lot of suggestions that have been dismissed on the grounds of engine limitations. Granted, this is a problem with the product already rather than something new to be introduced, so there's nowhere near as much inertia to modifying the engine.
4 Mar 2016, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 17:04 PMTobis

Now you're the one clearly lying. If the OH sniper came out 30 seconds ago why does the radio intercept ping him as just entering the field?

arguing with aaa is like arguing with your girlfriend, you cant win no matter how right you are:snfQuinn:
4 Mar 2016, 18:00 PM

"... in fact due to limitations with CoH2’s game engine and therefore the engine itself would need to be updated..."

Horray! They're not principally opposed to game engine upgrade / modification / changes. If I recall, there's a lot of suggestions that have been dismissed on the grounds of engine limitations. Granted, this is a problem with the product already rather than something new to be introduced, so there's nowhere near as much inertia to modifying the engine.

Well maybe , just maybe we se relic turning into devs again after they were only modders for so long...
4 Mar 2016, 18:20 PM

So...was/is vet in vCoH broken too? ))))
4 Mar 2016, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 18:20 PMVolsky
So...was/is vet in vCoH broken too? ))))

No, how does it relate to coh1?
It works as intended there, nothing wrong with it there
4 Mar 2016, 18:46 PM

Company of Heroes 2.5 hype!
4 Mar 2016, 19:02 PM
Patrion 14

Company of Heroes 2.5 hype!

This is a big change indeed. :hyper:
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #