Login

russian armor

Vet fix March 9th

PAGES (10)down
7 Mar 2016, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 17:55 PMTNrg

Even a lone sturmpio squad will do significant damage to it. It's so weak in terms of HP, it's not useful - you can engage only one squad with it, if he has another squad nearby you will just take too much damage and repairing it takes time. Within a few minutes he'll have schrecks around and it's useless. It's not worth the fuel cost let alone going for a T1 based strat for a flamer clown car.

Against ostheer, it's dead if you get fausted even once.

I pretty much agree with you. Some points were obviously correct, eg faust-death.

I think you're underestimating its role in stopping harassment and wiping units on retreat.

Do you think the Kubel is substantially better? I don't see it. If you put in flamer engies, you have a stronger, fast capping unit with more firepower that's not much more expensive. I'd honestly take the scout+flamer over the Kubel.
5 of 8 Relic postsRelic 7 Mar 2016, 18:25 PM
Developer Relic Badge

To be honest, since the blog says this has existed since the lunch of coh2, I am more worried it may totally break the balance (because the game has so far been balanced based on that), and fixing it may result in a chaos! hope it won't happen

hope the balance team actually and properly test everything balancewise before releasing the fix

The only reason I think this is there are a couple of Issues that the Community and QA would have seen over the course of 2 year. This issue also only happened on a couple of units from each faction too. Not every unit was affected.
7 Mar 2016, 18:36 PM

Could you list the units Cuddles?

Also is the Infantry Section Vet3 dropping brens etc likely to get a fix at the same time?
7 Mar 2016, 18:37 PM

The only reason I think this is there are a couple of Issues that the Community and QA would have seen over the course of 2 year. This issue also only happened on a couple of units from each faction too. Not every unit was affected.

Finally someone that is trusted takes this "no vet at all myth" out, thank you a lot :thumb:
6 of 8 Relic postsRelic 7 Mar 2016, 18:44 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 10:13 AMFaHu

Dow3 confimred :hansGASM:

No, there's new Content for DOW2. ... :)
7 of 8 Relic postsRelic 7 Mar 2016, 18:46 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Finally someone that is trusted takes this "on vet at all myth" out, thank you a lot :thumb:

There are what I will call "Aces" in the Forums when it comes to Bug Hunting. There's no way they would have missed the issues that popped up.
7 Mar 2016, 19:00 PM

There are what I will call "Aces" in the Forums when it comes to Bug Hunting. There's no way they would have missed the issues that popped up.

You can just say Cruzz and Mr. Smith. :)
8 of 8 Relic postsRelic 7 Mar 2016, 19:47 PM
Developer Relic Badge

You can just say Cruzz and Mr. Smith. :)

For sure, but there are also a lot of others who call stuff out. Tigerass for instance.
7 Mar 2016, 21:28 PM

How about locking vet 4/5 behind upgrades?

Veteran Leadership Phase I - costs some ressources - reduces MP income

Veteran Leadership Phase II - costs some ressorces - reduces MP income

Just a thought.

Good idea IMO
7 Mar 2016, 21:38 PM
Benefactor 115

I'm sure this bug (vet not applying to new entities) happened just after WFA was launched and was fixed. Wonder how it worked its way back into the game again.
7 Mar 2016, 23:23 PM

Why is everyone still talking about nerfing OKW before anything has changed? They appear to be the worst performing faction at the tournament level, and if things were to stay unchanged they would be good candidates for buffing.

The OKW hate seems to be irrational.
7 Mar 2016, 23:56 PM

Why is everyone still talking about nerfing OKW before anything has changed? They appear to be the worst performing faction at the tournament level, and if things were to stay unchanged they would be good candidates for buffing.

The OKW hate seems to be irrational.

What?

You don't actually think the OKW rework was simply to remove all of the faction's weaknesses and none of its strengths, do you?

Hate to break it to you, but Relic has already stated that the OKW are getting a second round of reworks to make all of their free shit require resource investment now that they have no income penalty.
8 Mar 2016, 00:26 AM

"They appear to be the worst performing faction at the tournament level"

Might be my eyes that are wrong but I can hardly recall seeing a final or semi which didn't see OKW.
8 Mar 2016, 00:52 AM

I really hope it doesn't hit on schedule, but delayed. Relic needs to test the sh1t out of it as it's such an important fix; errbody remember last time they "hotfixed" something.
11 Mar 2016, 10:15 AM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

No, there's new Content for DOW2. ... :)

Noone create new content for an old game like dow2. If you havent still dow3 in the background running :snfPeter: i wait for e3. Than we see what happen :hansGASM:
11 Mar 2016, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 10:15 AMFaHu

Noone create new content for an old game like dow2. If you havent still dow3 in the background running :snfPeter: i wait for e3. Than we see what happen :hansGASM:

Well, they just did with necron overlord :romeoMug:
16 Mar 2016, 21:34 PM

So, is it just me or were the balance problems regarding inf play related to the broken vet system?

After the vetfix I am not struggling when playing as any faction (aside from the SOVbut they have their own advantages anyway; sniper, maxim HM , TM3 etc), and consequently, I can last till mid and late game and enter the vehicle play phase.

Makes sense. You were having vet3 elite AI units getting shat on, but now they are doing their job just alright.
16 Mar 2016, 21:44 PM

So, is it just me or were the balance problems regarding inf play related to the broken vet system?

Veterancy starts working correctly and infantry play has magically improved.

For sure, but there are also a lot of others who call stuff out. Tigerass for instance.

RIP Cuddletronic :guyokay:
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %