Login

russian armor

Vet fix March 9th

PAGES (10)down
7 Mar 2016, 01:18 AM

so we have had vet3 squads fight like vet 0 or 1 and nobody noticed?
and this in pretty much every game?

lol

I love this.
How mundane we all are.

Placebo effect, you thought your vet5 falls were amazing, so by the power of suggestion.. They were amazing :D
7 Mar 2016, 01:55 AM

Now that we know the bug, we can play with it as we were before...

The game as it is feel rather balanced and models preservation is of the utmost importance. The bug effect is somehow realistic and i like it.
(We know the bug effect : reinforcements don't get vet bonus)

Rather stay like this, then having a unbalanced game for some months...

My 2 cents.

Thanks.

I wouldn't have a problem with this if the individual models that reinforce a vet 3 unit could still gain XP proportionally so they could gain the stats but as it stands now they do not. Would rather be fixed the way they intended if they have to fixed anyway.
7 Mar 2016, 02:05 AM

I wouldn't have a problem with this if the individual models that reinforce a vet 3 unit could still gain XP proportionally so they could gain the stats but as it stands now they do not. Would rather be fixed the way they intended if they have to fixed anyway.

«Individual models that reinforce a vet 3 unit could still gain XP proportionally»
That would be the best scenario.

Great idea, thanks !
7 Mar 2016, 09:56 AM

«Individual models that reinforce a vet 3 unit could still gain XP proportionally»
That would be the best scenario.

Great idea, thanks !

Well people have been asking for a hardcore mode :)
7 Mar 2016, 10:13 AM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

Cause that's Bottom Line, Cause Cuddle-Tronic Said So! and if you ain't down with that I got 3 words for ya!!...... Dawn of War.... lol :)

Dow3 confimred :hansGASM:
7 Mar 2016, 11:04 AM

Then it would still be a problem. Getting vet requires a lot of time and your it's not very likely that an individual model will make it all the way up to Vet2.
7 Mar 2016, 11:16 AM

Then it would still be a problem. Getting vet requires a lot of time and your it's not very likely that an individual model will make it all the way up to Vet2.

+1
7 Mar 2016, 11:59 AM

If the implementation of the veterancy will work as planned, OKW will be so strong with no resource penalties and superior vet. Schrecks gives volks veterancy in no time. At least the vet accumulation for OKW should be made slower if vet 5 will stay as strong as it was planned in the beginning.

OKW has a strong early game, strong mid-game and very strong late game. A lot of rebalancing will be necessary. We'll probably be back to the time of WFA release in terms of balance, maybe even worse. OKW needs the resource penalty back in one form or the other. But this is sort of off topic, just saying that probably many balance problems will arise with the veterancy.
7 Mar 2016, 12:08 PM

Vetted Obers gonna be OP. Their suppression feels broken.
7 Mar 2016, 13:58 PM

Back on LeIG days, when OKW had nothing left because Volks were very trashy, I remember saying one thing:

OKW should have full resources, units are kept how they are

OR

OKW receives a better base infantry.

Not happy with one buff, OKW receives both; also, the kubel with no fuel cost as a faster capper makes no sense.

I don't know if OKW should receive its resource penalty back or the worst infantry. I certainly used to like making resources conversions back and forth so I could get a earlier panzer 4, for instance
7 Mar 2016, 14:12 PM

Yeah I agree on that too, no resource penalty and the relatively durable kubel for very fast capping during early game will make OKW way too strong. The kubel already allows OKW to rush key points on the map and back capping very efficiently, while later on the schwerer HQ can lock down at best one VP and one fuel point. Pretty bad design imo.
7 Mar 2016, 16:00 PM

I think that the Kubel just has too much armor now. Also, for some reason, they decided to give it the same in both the front and rear.
7 Mar 2016, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 16:00 PMboc120
I think that the Kubel just has too much armor now. Also, for some reason, they decided to give it the same in both the front and rear.

Why? It has less survivability than the M6a1. Any less armour and it would die almost instantly to small arms.

Compare it to Soviet scout car, UKF Bren. It's not that strong.
7 Mar 2016, 17:25 PM

Why? It has less survivability than the M6a1. Any less armour and it would die almost instantly to small arms.

Compare it to Soviet scout car, UKF Bren. It's not that strong.

But it can cap on it's own and it's very fast. Also it turns quite fast so the pathing issues aren't so bad with it. The soviets need to tech to AT nades (not available before the first 5 mins generally) and USF needs vet 1 to have an AT nade - so it's not gonna die very easily unlike the allied paper cars due to faust being default on grens or early volks schrecks for example. The kubel can survive 2 infantry squads just by backing away.

Also it's capping ability adds a huge advantage for OKW in both 1v1 and larger games in the very first minutes.
7 Mar 2016, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 17:25 PMTNrg

But it can cap on it's own and it's very fast. Also it turns quite fast so the pathing issues aren't so bad with it. The soviets need to tech to AT nades (not available before the first 5 mins generally) and USF needs vet 1 to have an AT nade - so it's not gonna die very easily unlike the allied paper cars due to faust being default on grens or early volks schrecks for example. The kubel can survive 2 infantry squads just by backing away.

Also it's capping ability adds a huge advantage for OKW in both 1v1 and larger games in the very first minutes.

You're right, it's currently a useful unit, both as capping unit and something to add extra firepower.

But what do OKW have against clowncar with flamer? That thing has a good 3 minutes where it can run around wiping units on retreat. A kubel can't do that. Plus the scout car has good firepower and armour vs starting units. Shreks don't come 'til t1 and getting a raketen means MP drain until midgame where it will be useful again.

Persoanlly, I'd nerf the hell out of all early-game vehicles. Kubel, Scout car, Bren. They're annoying to deal with when you only have infantry and I think they spoil the fun of early-game infantry battles.

It hink it's wrong to just focus on the Kubel and ignore the allied units.
7 Mar 2016, 17:55 PM

But what do OKW have against clowncar with flamer?

Even a lone sturmpio squad will do significant damage to it. It's so weak in terms of HP, it's not useful - you can engage only one squad with it, if he has another squad nearby you will just take too much damage and repairing it takes time. Within a few minutes he'll have schrecks around and it's useless. It's not worth the fuel cost let alone going for a T1 based strat for a flamer clown car.

Against ostheer, it's dead if you get fausted even once.
7 Mar 2016, 17:58 PM
Donator 33

How about locking vet 4/5 behind upgrades?

Veteran Leadership Phase I - costs some ressources - reduces MP income

Veteran Leadership Phase II - costs some ressorces - reduces MP income

Just a thought.
7 Mar 2016, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 16:00 PMboc120

4.0->4.5 ( too much armor buff)kek
7 Mar 2016, 18:08 PM

OKW will be no different than they were before vet was broken 4 months ago. People are confusing the flaw in the engine (that has been around since the beginning) that caused Relic's vet fix to go totally haywire, with the bug causing models reinforcing with 0 vet that's been happening for about 4 months.

As they are now, vetless OKW are performing very poorly in the tournament scene and it could be attributed to the fact the need their vet to compete end game.

I don't think it's going to be as bad as people are predicting, but likely they will start to actually win more so I expect people to start complaining anyways....
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS