Login

russian armor

Vet fix March 9th

PAGES (10)down
4 Mar 2016, 20:53 PM

Allies surely have the most one shot abilities
4 Mar 2016, 21:04 PM

Cause that's Bottom Line, Cause Cuddle-Tronic Said So! and if you ain't down with that I got 3 words for ya!!...... Dawn of War.... lol :)

D A W N O F W A R 3
A
W
N
O
F
W
A
R
4 Mar 2016, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 20:50 PMVuther

They didn't do it when they thought infantry vet was valuable already anyway, so I wouldn't expect much.

*Sherman HE wipes an Ober squad in one-hit*

*Panzerschreck one-shots a Rifle squad hugging them*

:guyokay:

You tell me what is more likely... yeah do not answer I know the answer.
4 Mar 2016, 21:34 PM

D A W N O F W A R 3
A
W
N
O
F
W
A
R

Not yet.

4 Mar 2016, 21:41 PM

Allies surely have the most one shot abilities

idc if allies or axis, its about an shitty game mechanic to lose vetted squads due very cheap abilitys on both sides. recently i lost a full health conscript squad on space due a single okw mine. its just not fun and totally toxic
4 Mar 2016, 21:49 PM
Patrion 39

Does all this 'bug' fixing mean the march balance patch (aka maxim/penals patch) will be delayed?
4 Mar 2016, 21:52 PM
Patrion 15

I got 3 words for ya!!...... Dawn of War.... :)

4 Mar 2016, 21:53 PM

idc if allies or axis, its about an shitty game mechanic to lo se vetted squads due very cheap abilitys on both sides. recently i lost a full health conscript squad on space due a single okw mine. its just not fun and totally toxic

I Agree with you, a 30 muni mine can just kill a squad which you've reserved pretty well. It's indeed 1 of the most frustrating things in this game.
4 Mar 2016, 21:53 PM

Cuddles should hop on a Relic stream sometime and have a proper introduction. He/she? has been such a good contributor to the community it would be nice to have a face to the name.
4 Mar 2016, 22:25 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

He's a man, just search for him on google/linkedin and you'll find him :P

Anyways, my informers told me that, as Cuddle is pointing out, the issue with veterancy has not been around since the COH2 launch (let's stop and think for a second: with the old veterancy system it was VERY noticeable if units were being awarded with their bonuses since they received just one major defensive/offensive stats boost, so clearly it was working before) but only presented on a second moment. When did it start happening?

Who knows! Maybe when USF came out and the "hop in/out vehicles" mechanic was implemented? Maybe when Relic attempted to fix the stacking bug due to that mechanic? Or when British Forces came out? I have no idea but certainly when the fix will go out Relic will get different datas from their telemetry servers in regards of balance and it will be our task to help them balancing the game for the following 2-3 patches, at least until the major unbalances will be fixed.

To me eyes OKW is the faction that will show the biggest difference in infantry units performance compared to the past due to the two extra veterancy levels, I am curious to see how the situation will evolve after 9th March.
Hux
4 Mar 2016, 22:26 PM
Patrion 14

Wait, you're updating the game engine?

Do us all a favour and optimise it at the same time. Seriously.

It's about time you guys acknowledged the fact that the game runs like dogshit on most systems, the least you could do is some optimisation tweaks to make up for this egregious oversight.

'unfortunately this bug was not discovered by the community or Relic alike until a few weeks ago.'

I don't know who was responsible for writing this, but the pseudo-implication of the community sharing any responsibility for not spotting this is disgusting. Especially when it was A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY who actually brought it to your attention...

They might moderate this post after the fact but I just wanted you guys to know how utterly disappointed I was reading the OP
4 Mar 2016, 22:46 PM

everyone bitching like mad on here XD

I'm just like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpQNw46Sl24
5 Mar 2016, 00:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 20:12 PMMortar
Glad to see a fix is on the horizon.

Essentially, from launch of the game till today getting veterancy was like getting a participation trophy. It looked nice but didn't really mean anything.

My life = 10000000 of those trophies.
5 Mar 2016, 09:04 AM

This also describes why I never looked at veterancy and never noticedany diferences between vet squads except placebo effect
5 Mar 2016, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 17:02 PMaaa

both sides are teching. With same spending on tech OH will always have +1 squad. Also grens dont need to research anything have all for free.
sov snipe came 30 sec after oH snipe in that game dont know what does it change for you.

Can you please stop to flood every goddman section even big balance bug with your nonexistent Ostheer OpieOP bullpudding ? Im really bored from you
5 Mar 2016, 09:51 AM

Can you please stop to flood every goddman section even big balance bug with your nonexistent Ostheer OpieOP bullpudding ? Im really bored from you

Seriously. This thread is about the Vet fix and you're raving about Ostheer unit pacing. :loco:
5 Mar 2016, 10:17 AM

Hey guy and those who are not guys,

Relic has done some work and will release Vet fix at Wednesday, March 9th. :thumb:

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/03/04/the-vetreinforce-bug

Good opportunity to delete vet 4 & 5
aaa
5 Mar 2016, 10:21 AM

this facs so balanced that its get played more than SU and USF togheter. When there was leig abuse patch same story was with OKW.

Last time i lost to OKW like 20 games ago. And I cant win a single game vs OH

game before that I lost to top 100 korean player and get exhausted. So played this game like an idiot.
No matter who is playing OH i lose any time. Even to blobing dumbass like this one

5 Mar 2016, 10:40 AM

Good opportunity to delete vet 4 & 5

maybe delete whole faction for fun? :megusta:
aaa
5 Mar 2016, 10:45 AM

THOSE 4 model gren squads are just a cancer. They have low received accuracy making them immune to con/mg fire.

Also i place more mines than anyone esle. And I see that mine do a lot less dmg to grens than to volks because 4 models have more space between them.
I litteraly dont see how to play even vs idiots playin OH.

I search for replays and vids of this patch SU wins I dont find anything. Even paulad lost to much worse oh player dusty.

Oh t1 t2 units are spamable as shit. The earlier strong unit arrive the more expensive it should be. 222 costs 230/20 with low tech cost and free gun upgrade. Its more of a bug than vet or reinforcement
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS