Login

russian armor

New Axis Faction

4 Mar 2016, 16:10 PM

Of course numbers are not final and can or should be adjusted so its not overpowered.
But i think the general idea promotes combined arms and let you make some diverse tactical decisions by combining diffrent types of units.

It's not just the numbers. It's the concepts themselves.

Take for instance the tank hunters: They have 3 shrecks. This means that, if the whole volley hits, they will 1-shot all allied light vehicles except the Stuart and the AEC. Then you decide to give them target weakpoint and a 3 ammo ability that halfves reload time. This means that any allied tank will die the moment they come into contact with this unit (-> fire target weakpoint, pop reload ability, get 9 panzerschrek hits before the enemy can even move). The same goes more or less for the Pak40 ace, which, despite having 2 more crew than the wehrmacht Pak40 and much higher lethality, you valued at 10 manpower cheaper than the wehrmacht pak40.

Kubel ace: there is no such thing as a kubel ace. The term 'kubel ace' was a joke made on twitch chats to describe a vet 5 kubel.

The only unit that makes sense is the panzer III.
4 Mar 2016, 16:24 PM

It's not just the numbers. It's the concepts themselves.

Take for instance the tank hunters: They have 3 shrecks. This means that, if the whole volley hits, they will 1-shot all allied light vehicles except the Stuart and the AEC. Then you decide to give them target weakpoint and a 3 ammo ability that halfves reload time. This means that any allied tank will die the moment they come into contact with this unit (-> fire target weakpoint, pop reload ability, get 9 panzerschrek hits before the enemy can even move). The same goes more or less for the Pak40 ace, which, despite having 2 more crew than the wehrmacht Pak40 and much higher lethality, you valued at 10 manpower cheaper than the wehrmacht pak40.

Kubel ace: there is no such thing as a kubel ace. The term 'kubel ace' was a joke made on twitch chats to describe a vet 5 kubel.

The only unit that makes sense is the panzer III.

good point i understand thats gonna be a problem with the shreks. maybe its better to give them panzerbuchse from the coh2 campain which is not very high damage but with the ability to give faster reload they can be more dangerous.
4 Mar 2016, 16:32 PM

He is clearly joking, how did you guys take this seriously??? Hahahaha

Funny topic tho
4 Mar 2016, 20:10 PM

Alright, don't take this personally, but this is the most overpowered and silly suggestion ever made on this forum. Without kidding, I can say that this faction will allow you to take on 2 opponents at the same time with ease.

+1
4 Mar 2016, 20:51 PM

Nobody nees a new faction, what this game needs is Ostheer to be less trash so it does not have to crutch on 1 or 2 docs and snipers.
4 Mar 2016, 21:38 PM

5 cp trench ace, reichspioneer have the ability to build trenches that have a remote mg42 installed 360 no scope, similar to hetzer, 25 cps landkreuze p1500 with smines (map dependant) size of the station bldng in ettelbruck, , sun ray 12 cps for 50 seconds get the power of the sun to burn those emplacements, constant ray, duration is 60 seconds more than brace. 13 cps jet covers entire map, flies to high that no AA is enough to kill it, selfs spot and wrecks everything. For the lulz bring the donkey with two shreks in the back Kappa
4 Mar 2016, 21:39 PM

5 cp trench ace, reichspioneer have the ability to build trenches that have a remote mg42 installed 360 no scope, similar to hetzer, 25 cps landkreuze p1500 with smines (map dependant) size of the station bldng in ettelbruck, , sun ray 12 cps for 50 seconds get the power of the sun to burn those emplacements, constant ray, duration is 60 seconds more than brace. 13 cps jet covers entire map, flies to high that no AA is enough to kill it, selfs spot and wrecks everything. For the lulz bring the donkey with two shreks in the back Kappa
4 Mar 2016, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 21:39 PMRamps

4 cp Goliath ace. Invisible unit capable of squishing infantry and one-shoting base structures.

8 cp v-2 ace. Gives full map vision, causes 5 no warning v2 explosions anywhere on map.
10 Mar 2016, 10:42 AM

V2 Ace sounds interesting but maybe the ability should be toned down so it not kill everything. lol that would be too op
10 Mar 2016, 10:49 AM
Patrion 14

I don't know. This one just seems silly through and through.

Seems like a troll vision, but giving it the benefit of the doubt.
10 Mar 2016, 10:52 AM

30cp landkreuze p1500 no more mp 100 pop cap every tank has 10% to pen 2000 hp
Obviously Soviet will get the kv-6 and the Americans will get Donal trump
10 Mar 2016, 11:20 AM

180 Fuel for a Maus!? That's ridiculous!

Should be around 70
10 Mar 2016, 13:03 PM

30cp landkreuze p1500 no more mp 100 pop cap every tank has 10% to pen 2000 hp
Obviously Soviet will get the kv-6 and the Americans will get Donal trump

KV-6? Who needs that trash. We need really cool stuff - IS-3, IS-4, T-44, T-54, SU-100P
10 Mar 2016, 13:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 16:07 PMRollo
I want a last ditch defence German/Hungarian faction when they were coming out with Mad max tier assault guns and workshop firearms just in an attempt to hold the line

Heer pioneers with German MP3008's (sten clones)

Volksturm armed with VG1 semi automatic rifles and more panzerfausts than they can carry

Hungarian late war infantry armed with a mix of equipment

I must admit - it's a good idea, can add Tas heavy tank and Tas AT self-propelled gun

10 Mar 2016, 13:57 PM

secret weapons? isnt oberkommando already based on have the strangest things on the axis side?
10 Mar 2016, 22:45 PM

secret weapons? isnt oberkommando already based on have the strangest things on the axis side?

+1

There were very few Jaghtigers or KroningsTigers fielded during WWII because they came so late, and this faction has them both
11 Mar 2016, 00:31 AM

One Wehraboo to rule them all...
11 Mar 2016, 01:16 AM

I'm okay with a new Axis faction, but I am definitely not okay with a faction that will reintroduce PTSD symptoms we all had when the Western Front Armies came onto the scene.

The horror of seeing my beautiful 100% Sherman being extinguished by one shot of a Raketenwerfer. The memories of Obersoldaten wiping out my infantry as if they were the grandfathers of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
11 Mar 2016, 09:32 AM

While this particular suggestion seems rather silly, I'd say we 'need' 3rd axis faction just for the sake of...uh fairness? Of course many high tier players argue the balance sucks as it is and we don't need more distractions but for casuals such as me I think both factions should have equal number of armies. That is unless they're working hard on company of heroes vietnam already :thumb:

Talking of the options though..I think they are rather limited since Relic avoids adding anything remotely SS and they already "exhausted" eastern and western army groups as a whole.Since Relic seems to want to have certain level of historical accuracy to the armies, stuff like Italians or Japanese don't really fit.So it boils down to something like volksturm from the ruins of Berlin or remnants of kampfgrudde nord who both were down to kinda c-grade equipment at that point....so, infantry faction? :loco:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★