Login

russian armor

New Axis Faction

4 Mar 2016, 14:23 PM

Hello Coh2 Players,

i developed a new faction idea as the third axis faction.
Maybe relic members read this and implement this faction or build a faction on this concept.
We all must consider that axis are and have been most of coh2 history on the backfoot, where allies have more advantages through the game than axis.
With this new faction idea we should keep in mind that german soldiers had superior soldier training, willpower and technologies to bring victory for the fatherland and that they used this to their advantage.
To make the faction unique this faction has only 1 Veterancy level that is hard to gain, but if you have it units become very dangerous.

Here comes the units for:

"Oberkommando Secret Weapons" or "Oberkommando Wunderweapons"

T0 - Reichsheadquarter Battlebarracks:

245 MP - Reichsgrenadiers
Deploy 5 man squad equipped with STG44, can be upgraded to Reichspioneers.
Ability: Stungrenade, Smokegrenade, Reichspioneer upgrade (40 Munition: can repair and build 105 mm howitzer emplacements).

400 MP - Tankhunter Reichsgrenadiers
Deploy 3 man squad to the Battlefield equipped with 3 Panzershrek.
Ability: Target Weak Point, Rapid Reload (30 Muni: half the reload time for next 3 shots).

350 MP - Kubelwagen Ace
Ability: Blitzkrieg, Suppression, Hull down, Medical Supplies.

T1 - Reichsheadquarter Supportbarracks: build by Reichspioneers.
380 MP - GrW38 Ace Battlegroup
Deploy two 4 man squads.
Ability: Creeping barrage, Smoke barrage, incendiary barrage.

400 MP - Sniper Ace
Deploy 2 man Squad.
Ability: Create cover, camouflage, shoot flare, place vehicle traps (vehicles drive over traps get immobilized for 20 seconds)

T2 - Reichsheadquarter Festung Regiment: build by Reichspioneers.

350 MP - Bunker Ace - Build by Reichspioneers.
Ability: Heal and reinforce units in the sector.

310 MP - PaK40 Ace
Deploy 6 man squad.
Ability: Target Weak Point, Rapid Reload (30 Muni: half the reload time for next 3 shots).

T3 - Reichsheadquarter Breakthrough Regiment: build by Reichspioneers.

280 MP, 40 fuel - Wirbelwind
Medium Tank.
Ability: Suppressive Barrage, Hull down, Incendiary bullets.

380 MP, 65 fuel - Panzer III
Medium Tank.
Ability: High Explosive Rounds, Top Gunner MG42 Incendiary rounds upgrade.

200 MP, 20 fuel - Nebelwerfer42
Ability: Smoke Barrage, Flare Barrage (100 Munition: Expose a large area for 1 minute).

T4 - Reichsheadquarter Wunderweapon Regiment: build by Reichspioneers.
450 MP, 180 fuel - Maus Heavy Tank
Ability: Blitzkrieg, Defensive Smoke, For the Fatherland (50 Munition: motivates all units in sector for 20 secounds).

600 MP, 280 fuel - Command Tiger Heavy Tank - can only be build once in a game.
Ability: improves all units in sightrange of the tank (+20% health, -20% reload, + 20% movement speed).

200 MP, 200 Munition - Stuka Air support. call in offmap Stuka Air support with 40 second cooldown each attack.
Ability: Incendiary Bombs, Dive Bomb, Anti Tank Strafe.

What you think about this faction as third axis faction? How do you think would it fit into the game with the other factions around?
Improvements and critics are welcome.
4 Mar 2016, 14:45 PM

I would prefer a German/Italian mix faction if there will be any 3 wehrmacht faction, with Italian infantry and specailized German vehicle to give them some chances vs heavy tanks. Like the Nashorn and Hetzers.
4 Mar 2016, 14:51 PM

Alright, don't take this personally, but this is the most overpowered and silly suggestion ever made on this forum. Without kidding, I can say that this faction will allow you to take on 2 opponents at the same time with ease.

4 Mar 2016, 15:01 PM

Alright, don't take this personally, but this is the most overpowered and silly suggestion ever made on this forum. Without kidding, I can say that this faction will allow you to take on 2 opponents at the same time with ease.

4 Mar 2016, 15:03 PM

+1

Also, RPios should be able to build Trench Aces.
4 Mar 2016, 15:08 PM

Disclosure: I don't think another faction is needed, and I consider it a very bad move if this so happens - balance, bugs, you name it

About the faction:

General feeling about it: OKW is still meh? Take this ubersteroid version.

Tier 1: the basic men would be the only AI infantry? Right off the bat I wouldn't consider buying the pioneer upgrade, unless I get desperate for artillery

The tank-hunters would be super squishy with just 3 men; at least fire power at wooping 3 shreks would be very OP; the abilities are crazy good too. I don't like this.

Kubelwagen ace? For real? What would Hull Down do? Why not the bike?

Tier 2: mortar. Very expensive mortar

The sniper ace is so OP, specially with the mines. Who would use the sniper to snipe? I'd put mines on key places, the tank hunters close, with TWP and reload, voila, no more ANYTHING.

Tier 3: I don't understand why the pak should receive 6 men. This tier is so strange. Is it a new building that allow other buildings (the bunker ace)? Or is it Wehr's "Battle Stages" way of unlocking stuff?

By the way, how many bunker aces would you be able to build?

Tier 4:
Wirbelwind at 40 fuel, no way

The rest of the tier, not sure about the nebel flare. Panzer 3 would be a AT or AI? And the MG incendiary rounds - would it be a limited time ability or permachange? If permachange, very OP

Tier 5: the kingdom of ancient arian gods come upon the feeble allies and hammer them down with rage and unfathomable pain. But why the MP cost for stukka?

Unsolved questions: what would the single veterancy give? And what about commanders? Well, I'd never want any commander with this thing, aside Osttruppen.
4 Mar 2016, 15:10 PM

That command tiger would be utterly broken at 600/280...thats a game changing aura right from the get go on a tank that you can basically never take down if the opponent isn't really using it to fight.

I would say at least 720/320. But even then that combo of health, reload and speed is insane right off the bat and applying to infantry also.

For comparison command P4 gives only +20% health, and command P5 applies only to tanks until vet 5 (which is basically impossible to reach so who cares).
4 Mar 2016, 15:15 PM

Mines should be Aces too, basically they should work like spider mines from Starcraft and run to nearby enemy with their little ace legs,... and Ace barb wire.
4 Mar 2016, 15:18 PM

I literally can't tell if most brilliant troll ever, or so stupid that humanity should take measures to prevent you breeding.

I think he is first one, since second role is clearly taken by some one else :snfPeter:
4 Mar 2016, 15:23 PM

I think he is first one, since second role is clearly taken by some one else :snfPeter:

I know :guyokay:

Don't worry, humanity keeps guard over you constantly, so our future can be safe :romeoPro:
4 Mar 2016, 15:24 PM

That's a bait guys :snfPeter:
4 Mar 2016, 15:26 PM

I know :guyokay:

Don't worry, humanity keeps guard over you constantly, so our future can be safe :romeoPro:

Could try to be more polite or creative, like I'm you know :megusta:
4 Mar 2016, 15:28 PM

I rofld at that post mate. Nothing personal but these are really silly suggestions to be honest. Dat Maus and 245MP StG44 infantry lololol
4 Mar 2016, 15:43 PM

Of course numbers are not final and can or should be adjusted so its not overpowered.
But i think the general idea promotes combined arms and let you make some diverse tactical decisions by combining diffrent types of units.
Vaz
4 Mar 2016, 15:48 PM

Not enough ace
4 Mar 2016, 15:50 PM

This faction doesn't seem to be any fun to play with. Even with corrected numbers, it'll easily take on anything that any opponent throws.

edit: This faction needs more Reichsflugscheibe!

4 Mar 2016, 15:52 PM

Jesus. While you're at it why don't you just go ahead and include SS Ubermensch who will cost 250 mp get laser rifles, cast air supremacy for free and fart panthers.
4 Mar 2016, 15:55 PM

Just replace your faction with a red button. Press it at any time to nuke the enemy.
4 Mar 2016, 16:07 PM

I want a last ditch defence German/Hungarian faction when they were coming out with Mad max tier assault guns and workshop firearms just in an attempt to hold the line

Heer pioneers with German MP3008's (sten clones)

Volksturm armed with VG1 semi automatic rifles and more panzerfausts than they can carry

Hungarian late war infantry armed with a mix of equipment

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 176
unknown 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %