Login

russian armor

Is USF in a bad spot or do I suck

2 Mar 2016, 04:04 AM

Questions in the OP. As USF I'm always reacting with tech from step one (assault Grens, sniper, Ostruppen, battlegroup or mechanized hq) and if I don't push them off the map by the time they set up Shwerer or reach T3/call out a Tiger it's GG. I'm having issues doing this vs competent players because you can always fallback on snipers, volks, hmgs, etc.

I understand that lategame is supposed to be HE Shermans and Jacksons working with rifles and pack howies/hmgs, but I literally can't afford an effective army due to pop cap and even then the retarded pathing guarantees I lose at least one vehicle per game.

I'm beginning to realize that 1< x USF T3 units aren't really meant to be built 1 vs 1 because if you haven't won by that point you won't win at all due to the intended design. (Unless you have 100% map control.)

Early game play is fine, I'm just having issues solidifying control with the first light vehicle and pushing them off the map.
2 Mar 2016, 17:12 PM

Im having the same issue
2 Mar 2016, 19:05 PM

Pushing them off the map is the wrong decision. Because Axis faction are designed to be strong in that way and USF weak. If you look really closely there are nothing in USF arsenal to force your opponent to stay in his base sector.

I think it is tightrope who posted a really good video about gameplay and flanking with USF where he stated something much more important: You do not want to push Ostheer or OKW off the map, you want them to attack you where you want and when they are there you flank them because your troop are already in position to flank, so you hurt them so badly that they surrender. Too bad I can't find the video and I'm not sure its Tighrope who posted it.

USF is strong when Ostheer has to fight everywhere on the map. Because the player can't cover each side, he can't be left, middle and right. But when you try to push Ostheer offmap, the situation is reversed, OStheer is strong and USF weak.

If you look at that game, Paul vs Shadowwada ESL match last week. You see Shadowwada trying to push Paul offmap. Shadow won the early game, he has a M20, he dominates the game but he tries to wipe Paul, he tries to push him offmap so he build a M20, A M15 and a Stuart and don't even think the game could last longer and that we would need T3 units faster.
Wrong decision, since I watch a lot of Shadowwada games on twitch and cast I can tell you this is his play style and also his bane, too overconfident that he will push his opponent offmap when he wins early game. Funny that he plays much more better when he actually doesn't dominate early game.

So let the Ostheer player move, gaining back some territories, let him take back his fuel, position his HMG, his grens etc... and then flank with all your forces. And repeat again, and repeat again because smoke and flank is what USF is good at.

And while your doing that with the support of your M20 or Stuart, prepare the late game, build a Sherman, build a pak, build a Jackson because if you don't succeed a Pz4 will come or Mobile defense for sure.
2 Mar 2016, 22:06 PM

I actually kind of see what you mean, basically a mobile defense where youre all over the map and flank when they attack. I will try that mentality
2 Mar 2016, 22:49 PM

Steps to being Pro USF player :sibHyena:

1. Build like 5 rifles AT LEAST
2. Build amublamps
3. If Ostheer, go Captain. If OKW, go Captain (222 Spam meta has Lieutenant fcked right now, so don't.
4. Buy major and create FWP with ambulance somewhere.
5. Cap points, kill stuff, retreat. Rinse and repeat.
6. Get Tank, if heavy cav get the pershing, if tactical get Sherman then calliope, unless they are really bunkering down.
7. Watch as your versatile Vet blobs steamroll the battlefield. :sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:
2 Mar 2016, 23:31 PM

1. Build like 5 rifles AT LEAST
2. Build amublamps
3. If Ostheer, go Captain. If OKW, go Captain (222 Spam meta has Lieutenant fcked right now, so don't.
4. Buy major and create FWP with ambulance somewhere.
5. Cap points, kill stuff, retreat. Rinse and repeat.
6. Get Tank, if heavy cav get the pershing, if tactical get Sherman then calliope, unless they are really bunkering down.
7. Watch as your versatile Vet blobs steamroll the battlefield. :sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:

I can see call in infantry, Sturmtiger, sniper and Ostwind hurting this

That upkeep isn't a joke
2 Mar 2016, 23:46 PM

I can see call in infantry, Sturmtiger, sniper and Ostwind hurting this

That upkeep isn't a joke

That's generic strategy, of course you conform and improvise based on enemy commanders and strategy.

Sturmtiger isn't often used in 1 vs 1, Ostwind simply requires AT and basic micro, sniper is cancer meta, you just have to #adapt.

3 Mar 2016, 00:39 AM

How to be pro in 1v1 USF (against Ostheer):

Get tactical support commander, or whatever the guys name is. I don't have the commander. It's the one with the M5 halftrack that comes way too early at 3CP.

Step 1: Get 4 rifles, do some fighting, collect some ammo and some fuel
Step 2: Get captain
Step 3: Get M5, turn it into a quad, do some harassment
Step 4: Get Stuart
Step 5: Get another M5, also turn it into a quad

Step 6: face-roll over your enemy who has invested 400mp into tech and possibly another 150 in a medic bunger, which means only has a 222 and maybe a PAK40 for AT at this point.

Step 7: Enjoy your win.

Pro tips: do not get ambulance, it will only slow you down. Also don't be afraid to baserush. Go to the liquor store to buy some red wine to go with the cheese.

AVA
3 Mar 2016, 11:29 AM

But there's no vet anymore :guyokay:
3 Mar 2016, 18:25 PM

Step 3: Get M5, turn it into a quad, do some harassment

Hmm, could this work against OKW schreck blobberino into KT stall, I've seen that a few times now. It's a damn annoying style to play against, lock down 1/3 of the map with the schwerer to guarantee uncontested fuel income and run around the map a-moving with his schreck blob that hard counters all vehicles. Even when you know exactly what he's doing, the KT isn't exactly an easy thing to deal with.

Having double BARs on your rifles helps with the blob, but it's not a solution really - you bleed a shit ton of MP fighting with his blob. And you have to fight it, because he controls his share of the resources with the schwerer and you can't most of the time take it out or harrass his resources.

MGs vs the blob? Yeah, if it wasn't in the LT tier. If I go LT and the OKW player suddenly realizes he has one braincell left, he techs to Luchs and completely stomps me.
3 Mar 2016, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 18:25 PMTNrg

Hmm, could this work against OKW schreck blobberino into KT stall, I've seen that a few times now. It's a damn annoying style to play against, lock down 1/3 of the map with the schwerer to guarantee uncontested fuel income and run around the map a-moving with his schreck blob that hard counters all vehicles. Even when you know exactly what he's doing, the KT isn't exactly an easy thing to deal with.

Having double BARs on your rifles helps with the blob, but it's not a solution really - you bleed a shit ton of MP fighting with his blob. And you have to fight it, because he controls his share of the resources with the schwerer and you can't most of the time take it out or harrass his resources.

MGs vs the blob? Yeah, if it wasn't in the LT tier. If I go LT and the OKW player suddenly realizes he has one braincell left, he techs to Luchs and completely stomps me.

That strategy is why I think I'm going to start vetoing Langreskaya nothing sucks the fun out of COH2 like wasting 40 min fighting shrek blob over Center VP while MG34 spam makes any flanking tedious as hell only for KT to show up late to the party and roll over you. <444>_<444>

M5 Quad still works to a degree but you need to be spot on with your kiting and a Puma can make your life hell if he goes that route.
4 Mar 2016, 16:07 PM

I have the best success in USF 1v1 with the Heavy Cavalry commander. I like that riflemen have a few more options at their disposal, and I also like using the smoke call-in if I don't have nades and really need it. Of course, USF is extremely muni intensive, so it's not an ability you can constantly be using.

Lastly, I replace any lost squads with Rangers, as they're absolute monsters if you can close in on other squads. The Pershing is vastly overpriced for what it does, but can be useful if they manage to get out some of their heavy's.
5 Mar 2016, 01:33 AM

Questions in the OP. As USF I'm always reacting with tech from step one (assault Grens, sniper, Ostruppen, battlegroup or mechanized hq) and if I don't push them off the map by the time they set up Shwerer or reach T3/call out a Tiger it's GG. I'm having issues doing this vs competent players because you can always fallback on snipers, volks, hmgs, etc.

I understand that lategame is supposed to be HE Shermans and Jacksons working with rifles and pack howies/hmgs, but I literally can't afford an effective army due to pop cap and even then the retarded pathing guarantees I lose at least one vehicle per game.

I'm beginning to realize that 1< x USF T3 units aren't really meant to be built 1 vs 1 because if you haven't won by that point you won't win at all due to the intended design. (Unless you have 100% map control.)

Early game play is fine, I'm just having issues solidifying control with the first light vehicle and pushing them off the map.

USF is also weak atm because of the vet bug, as vet rifles are vital to staying strong into med-late game without that vet USF falls apart.

Hopefully it will be patched soon, and the point is not to bush anyone directly off the map USF having the strongest basic infantry in the game allows them to engage 1 on 1 s well, keep your units spread out and cap territory on the side axis players arent focusing on in order to force the axis player to spread his units out.
5 Mar 2016, 02:35 AM

Been playing much, much better after rethinking the faction. Ostruppen and Fusilier builds are still a tough nut to crack but overall I've improved.
6 Mar 2016, 20:05 PM

Been playing much, much better after rethinking the faction. Ostruppen and Fusilier builds are still a tough nut to crack but overall I've improved.

Do you have the better commanders like heavy cav and tactical support? those are pretty key to filling in what usf normally lacks (artillery, heavy tanks, cqc units, mines).
6 Mar 2016, 20:09 PM

After OST it is the hardest faction to play as. Actually it is the hardest CoH2 faction to play as, ignoring the P2W dejavu of course.
7 Mar 2016, 03:33 AM

Do you have the better commanders like heavy cav and tactical support? those are pretty key to filling in what usf normally lacks (artillery, heavy tanks, cqc units, mines).

I only have recon and rifle company as non vanilla
7 Mar 2016, 03:49 AM

Since vet is no longer in the game, vetted (which means nothing) rifle with upgrades are owning every other infantry unit.
AVA
7 Mar 2016, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 03:49 AMClick
Since vet is no longer in the game, vetted (which means nothing) rifle with upgrades are owning every other infantry unit.

Indeed. I have the feeling OKW suffers the most from this vet removal, since they can stack up to 5 really easy. Also obers are kinda dissapointing without vet bufs.
1 Jul 2017, 21:23 PM

They need the standar 76 mm gun not the E8
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight