Login

russian armor

Is USF in a bad spot or do I suck

25 Sep 2017, 09:48 AM

No, what I did was expand upon a post that was asking for what USF has that OKW doesn't have an equivalent/analogue of. I was directly comparing the presence units/unit types/structures, not listing advantages. For example, I didn't list things like "free squads with tech" because that doesn't count as any of the above. I'd appreciate it if you didn't take my post wildly out of context in order to reaffirm and support your own beliefs.

Wasn't as well, my comment was more about those tools are not par of your core army.
25 Sep 2017, 10:18 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2017, 09:48 AMEsxile

Wasn't as well, my comment was more about those tools are not par of your core army.

Could you restate that? Sorry, I can't understand (not trying to be an asshole, I actually cant quite understand what you mean)
25 Sep 2017, 12:45 PM

Could you restate that? Sorry, I can't understand (not trying to be an asshole, I actually cant quite understand what you mean)

What does have USF and OKW not is on the margin. There is no core element in the USF arsenal OKW does not have, except for smoke.

What you listed is, in my opinion, not part of the USF core. Sure the M20 mine is potent, but you don't build a M20 to access the mine, that's mostly the other way around.
Tank traps are mainly used as infantry cover, those are resilient but a larger sandbag are also good since you can put all your squad on cover.
Fighting positions are a niche structure. etc...
26 Sep 2017, 05:48 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2017, 12:45 PMEsxile

What does have USF and OKW not is on the margin. There is no core element in the USF arsenal OKW does not have, except for smoke.

What you listed is, in my opinion, not part of the USF core. Sure the M20 mine is potent, but you don't build a M20 to access the mine, that's mostly the other way around.
Tank traps are mainly used as infantry cover, those are resilient but a larger sandbag are also good since you can put all your squad on cover.
Fighting positions are a niche structure. etc...

Ahh, yeah, USF is lacking many features/unit types. I'd like to think that this is because theyre built around (and essentially compensate for everything else with) their core infantry, but I suppose that's not quite the dynamic we currently have in the current state of COH2.
26 Sep 2017, 14:26 PM

Ahh, yeah, USF is lacking many features/unit types. I'd like to think that this is because theyre built around (and essentially compensate for everything else with) their core infantry, but I suppose that's not quite the dynamic we currently have in the current state of COH2.

It WAS built around infantry.
This was before team weapons buff.

Instead of the retorical question "why the enemy faction grass is greener ?" can we start thinking about a better one ?
Like, what usf lacks exactly.

Well, usf lacks three things
1) FBP jackson, MIND, NOT BECAUSE ACTUAL IS UP, simply because it can happen to be situational as tank destroyer and less favorable over other kiting vehicles like m10, thus a rework intended to make it a firefly-like sniper is only an advantage.
A tank destroyer being focused on speed is ok, but m10 is enough for that.

2) Normal at gun with penetration for heavies not linked to a muni ability, yet with nerfed fire rate (because it actually looks like it's manned by jamaicans on drugs), i like the idea of a uber at gun that compensate dps with penetration, but just makes light vehicle play frustrating and late game usf muni based.
A mp increase would be required.
In addiction, zooks perfectly fullfill the soft at needs...soo...

3) To freaking lose the second bar option, and a rework of tech so aaht goes to captain in place of stuart (FBP) because the actual tech system links 2 suppression platforms to a tier and the at options to another.
Late game usf has scott, shermans, but also rangers, para, and the hmg with the second highest dps in game and vet0 ap rounds on top of that.
The fact that you get the option to turn your mainline in the only ai you need is retarded.

Mortar should disappear in favor of tier 0 usf smoke tho, while it is silly that an unvetted squad can't use at grenades, those should take the smoke grenade place in side teching.

Scott FINALLY wouldn't get to be overshadowed as it gets smoke other than normal shells and barrage attack.
26 Sep 2017, 16:42 PM

It WAS built around infantry.
This was before team weapons buff.

Instead of the retorical question "why the enemy faction grass is greener ?" can we start thinking about a better one ?
Like, what usf lacks exactly.

Well, usf lacks three things
1) FBP jackson, MIND, NOT BECAUSE ACTUAL IS UP, simply because it can happen to be situational as tank destroyer and less favorable over other kiting vehicles like m10, thus a rework intended to make it a firefly-like sniper is only an advantage.
A tank destroyer being focused on speed is ok, but m10 is enough for that.

2) Normal at gun with penetration for heavies not linked to a muni ability, yet with nerfed fire rate (because it actually looks like it's manned by jamaicans on drugs), i like the idea of a uber at gun that compensate dps with penetration, but just makes light vehicle play frustrating and late game usf muni based.
A mp increase would be required.
In addiction, zooks perfectly fullfill the soft at needs...soo...

3) To freaking lose the second bar option, and a rework of tech so aaht goes to captain in place of stuart (FBP) because the actual tech system links 2 suppression platforms to a tier and the at options to another.
Late game usf has scott, shermans, but also rangers, para, and the hmg with the second highest dps in game and vet0 ap rounds on top of that.
The fact that you get the option to turn your mainline in the only ai you need is retarded.

Mortar should disappear in favor of tier 0 usf smoke tho, while it is silly that an unvetted squad can't use at grenades, those should take the smoke grenade place in side teching.

Scott FINALLY wouldn't get to be overshadowed as it gets smoke other than normal shells and barrage attack.

Some pretty goods ideas here, outside of agreeing with the delayed patch changes that would have helped US so much outside of 1vs1 while making LT finally self-contained, I'd totally would take a price increase to make the ATG better at dealing with tanks that just obliterating light vehicles that CHAD USF doesn't struggle against.
26 Sep 2017, 19:31 PM

Some pretty goods ideas here, outside of agreeing with the delayed patch changes that would have helped US so much outside of 1vs1 while making LT finally self-contained, I'd totally would take a price increase to make the ATG better at dealing with tanks that just obliterating light vehicles that CHAD USF doesn't struggle against.

Yep exactly, 80% of those base roster issues could be fixed by simply THINKING about synergy between units and faction needs....

Lelic
4 Dec 2017, 00:06 AM

cool idea with normal grenades + at grenades having to be side teched instead of normal greandes + smoke

that would also open up another vet 1 ability or something, idk, maybe "cheaper smoke" or

they could start with hand thrown smoke and the vet 1 unlocks rifle nade smoke (longer range)

anyways rangers and paratroopers are only doctrinal so i kind of disagree about the bar nerf idea to only 1, and maybe if wont be a problem if they nerf it like they did with the bren nerf but bar is already the worst LMG in the game for its price except for the fact it can fire on the move which is great
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★