Login

russian armor

Regarding Balance Discussions here

1 Mar 2016, 10:17 AM

For garden's sake people stop with this toxic attitude of mixing up Competitive and theoretically balanceable(1 vs 1, 2vs2, but it get's critical there already) with Spam-JFF-/Scheldt-Gamemode aka 2vs2(worst case scenario), 3vs3 and upwards with each other in Balance-regarding discussions. This game is not a gardening MOBA so Balance-focus of course and first and foremost should always be on 1vs1 and to an extent on 2vs2 aka true Competitive-Mode. 3vs3 and up is nothing more than Sheldt on different maps/Compstomp with AI.
1 Mar 2016, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 10:17 AMCurumo
For garden's sake people stop with this toxic attitude of mixing up Competitive and theoretically balanceable(1 vs 1, 2vs2, but it get's critical there already) with Spam-JFF-/Scheldt-Gamemode aka 2vs2(worst case scenario), 3vs3 and upwards with each other in Balance-regarding discussions. This game is not a gardening MOBA so Balance-focus of course and first and foremost should always be on 1vs1 and to an extent on 2vs2 aka true Competitive-Mode. 3vs3 and up is nothing more than Sheldt on different maps/Compstomp with AI.

cool story bro

But I play whatever the hell I want and that in turn means I want those game modes balanced.
1 Mar 2016, 11:37 AM

No.

And Relic cares about and has made balance changes focused on team games despite your opinion.
1 Mar 2016, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 10:50 AMGrim

cool story bro

But I play whatever the hell I want and that in turn means I want those game modes balanced.

Cool, except not even spamcraft with army of quality stuff is able to balance team games, which are just ignored for the sake of 1v1 esports.

And you expect this game to be balanced in team games?

Biggest cancer of balance discussions are 3v3/4v4 one army heroes who spam their useless posts at 1v1/2v2 threads.
1 Mar 2016, 12:50 PM

Cool, except not even spamcraft with army of quality stuff is able to balance team games, which are just ignored for the sake of 1v1 esports.

And you expect this game to be balanced in team games?

Biggest cancer of balance discussions are 3v3/4v4 one army heroes who spam their useless posts at 1v1/2v2 threads.

ahhh you have me mistaken. I'm not asking for 'nerf X and buff Y'

I think different game modes should have different resource multipliers to mitigate the chaos.

Besides, I'm scared of 1v1 because the only person to blame for failure is me ;)
1 Mar 2016, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 12:50 PMGrim

I think different game modes should have different resource multipliers to mitigate the chaos.

Besides, I'm scared of 1v1 because the only person to blame for failure is me ;)

I fully agree on the resource multipliers *cough*DoW2doneitright*cough*.
2s still are competitive and fun though.
1 Mar 2016, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 10:17 AMCurumo

Look at what game mode is played most and you will know the reason. Heck, even top 150 players play 4v4 more than 1v1 or 2v2. Most CoH2 players do not even care a single bit about this "Competitive and theoretically balanceable".

Beside, streck spam or not, this game is already ruined by "who get into position first" meta, no matter what mode it is.
1 Mar 2016, 13:57 PM

These days multiplayer games are always balanced around competitive scene. This is how it rolls.
1 Mar 2016, 14:17 PM

I love people who talk about balance and competition before bug fixes.

It's like trying to make bicycling a competitive sport with flat tires and broken handle bars.
1 Mar 2016, 19:37 PM

I fully agree on the resource multipliers *cough*DoW2doneitright*cough*.
2s still are competitive and fun though.

Trouble is though that I play randoms and my search filter seems to be stuck on 'angry russian' for team mates XD

Maybe I should give 1v1 another go:)
1 Mar 2016, 19:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's like trying to make bicycling a competitive sport with flat tires and broken handle bars.

I would compare needing balance to the bike's shape being extremely uncomfortable to most, and needing bug fixes to the spokes being very delicate.

Usable still, but the former makes it probably suck to use and the latter makes it unreliable.
1 Mar 2016, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 12:50 PMGrim

This makes sense, but as far as I remember Relic stated that they have no intention to create such game mode. People have been suggesting this since release.
1 Mar 2016, 21:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That sounds way more interesting than watching a competitive bike race.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight