Login

russian armor

Relic's Tendencies

4 Mar 2016, 08:07 AM

I come back after a year and nothing has changed...
Sigh...

I wonder what you expected ^_^
4 Mar 2016, 08:10 AM

In summary: He bought the Calliope commander because it was batshit OP and now complains about the fact that it got nerfed in order of balance.

No, CoH2 is not Pay2Win, how dare you.
4 Mar 2016, 11:53 AM

It's a nerf because now they cannot self repair.

This isn't rocket science.:mellow:

heh rocket science

i see what you did there
4 Mar 2016, 12:30 PM

I wonder what you expected ^_^

I'm wondering that myself now. :(
4 Mar 2016, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 11:53 AMF1sh

heh rocket science

i see what you did there

:romeoPls:
4 Mar 2016, 16:03 PM

he donated a puddington of money to ocf

Like 92 dollars?
4 Mar 2016, 16:17 PM
Donator 11

Like 92 dollars?

No, like 460 dollars.
4 Mar 2016, 18:25 PM

No, like 460 dollars.

Ha ha, your hilarious. HA HA HHHaA Hah hhaHA hAH a:rofl:
4 Mar 2016, 18:29 PM
Donator 11

Ha ha, your hilarious. HA HA HHHaA Hah hhaHA hAH a:rofl:

https://www.coh2.org/crowdfunding/Progress here you have the data about it.
6 Mar 2016, 16:41 PM

I play Germans too and the calliope sucks, nobody picks it and when they do it does nothing.

Removing its 3rd barrage hurts its effectiveness against static targets, reducing each salvo by 6 rockets also reduces its effectiveness against ALL targets, and removing its crew forces less salvos, more upkeep of REs, and less of more effective units.

Now Axis fanboys can claim all they like, but for people who play all the factions and enjoy them all like me: The Calliope has been severely overnerfed.

Might as well make it function like the Calliope in COH1. I'd rather have 36 (should be more like 48) continuous rockets than 18 rockets fired in 2 salvos.

But this game is catered to the loudest and most vocal part of the community.... the AXIS Children
6 Mar 2016, 16:50 PM

Don't understand why they didn't just add a self repair function after removing the crew.....
6 Mar 2016, 18:29 PM

Calliope was crazy effective, it was essentially a panzerwerfer that was firing 3 barrages in a row in that tightly packed area.

Why did they remove the crew? you tell me, look at how many games people were jumping out of the calliope to get 3-5 of them out just for shits and giggles. You can do this exploit as USF without any downside. These things made you feel shitty as axis, they'd rape your infantry, then mass LMG blobs would rape your infantry. Spamming tanks was the only way to try and beat it, but that often didn't work because you were so far behind from the damn calliope one shotting infantry EVERY barrage.

It's no secret why every USF player was picking this doctrine. When EVERY USF player stops using their doctrines and only picks one.. it's a problem. It was obviously overpowered.
6 Mar 2016, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 18:29 PMKharn
It's no secret why every USF player was picking this doctrine. When EVERY USF player stops using their doctrines and only picks one.. it's a problem. It was obviously overpowered.

In case of the Calliope its a double effect. On one side it is the fact that it was clearly performing just to well for its price but on the other side it gives a type of unit to USF that this faction is totally missing: rocket artillery/reliable indirect fire. USF always had a problem of late game blob control or fighting fortifications. So Imo the heavy use of Calliope commander points to a flaw in game design. Every faction should have a late game non-doctrinal blob/fortification counter.
6 Mar 2016, 19:36 PM

So your 4$ P2W commander isnt a insta win button anymore BabyRage

On a serious note, Calliope is fine atm.
9 Mar 2016, 07:57 AM

In case of the Calliope its a double effect. On one side it is the fact that it was clearly performing just to well for its price but on the other side it gives a type of unit to USF that this faction is totally missing: rocket artillery/reliable indirect fire. USF always had a problem of late game blob control or fighting fortifications. So Imo the heavy use of Calliope commander points to a flaw in game design. Every faction should have a late game non-doctrinal blob/fortification counter.

This is exactly correct. It was the late game solution to blobs. I you lost to it cuz you didn't know how to hunt tanks that's sad... but hey, axis win again.
9 Mar 2016, 07:59 AM

So your 4$ P2W commander isnt a insta win button anymore BabyRage

On a serious note, Calliope is fine atm.

On a serious note, i'll disregard your comments strictly based on your name, i'm against fanboyism.

BTW I play all factions once again. Read the whole list of posts before spouting off fanboy nonsense, spare us some dignity
9 Mar 2016, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 18:29 PMKharn
Why did they remove the crew? you tell me, look at how many games people were jumping out of the calliope to get 3-5 of them out just for shits and giggles.

They removed the crew so the calliopes couldn't self repair anymore. The crew had absolutely nothing to do with the amount of calliopes fielded. Relic could have easily put a limit on the numbers of calliopes itself and not removed the crew.

So why they chose to remove the crew instead of limiting the calliopes to only 2 is beyond me.
9 Mar 2016, 08:24 AM

What does the 92 under your name mean?

If I'm not wrong, that prob means 92*5.95= 547.4 $ contributed to coh2.org and OCF tourney
9 Mar 2016, 12:11 PM

On a serious note, i'll disregard your comments strictly based on your name, i'm against fanboyism.

BTW I play all factions once again. Read the whole list of posts before spouting off fanboy nonsense, spare us some dignity

My email is cocklover69@gmail.com that doesnt mean I like :sibPheasant:

Read my previous posts and show me where I was a faction fanboy. So please think before spouting off nonsense based on a username. :sibHyena:
9 Mar 2016, 18:35 PM

My email is cocklover69@gmail.com that doesnt mean I like :sibPheasant:

Read my previous posts and show me where I was a faction fanboy. So please think before spouting off nonsense based on a username. :sibHyena:

I rest my case, your opinion doesn't matter even further.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 10
South Africa 2
unknown 10
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %