21%
7%
Total votes: 190
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Feb 2016, 03:09 AM

What do you think Relic should do?
aaa
29 Feb 2016, 03:13 AM

no more factions and patches and commanders. Balance what already exists in 1 patch and leave it be.
Remove riflenade from the game
29 Feb 2016, 03:14 AM

Construct Time Machine, save THQ from its demise, allow game to be released in a finished state.
29 Feb 2016, 03:46 AM

Why can't they balance AND add content?
29 Feb 2016, 04:41 AM

Just a question, has any patch come out now without new commanders, because I think that is the kind of direction that relic is taking if thats the case - pretty much treating their entire community like cash cows worse than the Sov Industry era.
29 Feb 2016, 04:53 AM

we need moar DLC commanders

Never mind anything like vet being broken for 6 months
29 Feb 2016, 05:23 AM

(voted other)

Honestly, become MUCH more transparent.

Right now, Relic is essentially acting as a mystery box; it's like this:

1. The community asks for stuff
2. Wait a month or two
3. Fix 1/10 things the community asked for
4. 9/10 random stuff

It just feels like there's very little connection between Relic and the community; biggest example being the last two major patches.

First, the community states that Brits are weak (they were), and the AEC was a notable candidate for improvement. Relic then over-buffs the unit, pushes the patch live, and leaves it in "unit eraser" more for about a month.

Now we have the current patch, where the fixes seemed like a good step forward, but didn't address everything. Regardless, the patch came out, broke a ton of stuff, was then partially reverted (before a weekend, no less), and then left (now we're waiting). And all of that could have been avoided with a 'beta test' patch. Release the patches on Thursday in BETA (i.e. that optional DL thing on steam), let people test them, and then review that feedback. If everything is good, release the patch on Monday/Tuesday, leaving 3-4 days to fix anything that slipped through the beta. If things are broken, well then it's just a beta patch. The live version is fine.

Then there's the question of actual game design and changes. Even with relic's weekly stream, it's REALLY hard to figure out what their actual "end-game" goal is. What is OKW supposed to be; a Volks-shrek blobbing faction with powerful late-game tanks? Or is this just a symptom of the current meta overriding the faction's design? Same goes for pretty much every faction (SOV Maxim Spam? USF Dual-upgrade blobs? Etc.). In the ideal world, where perfect balance is a thing, how are these factions SUPPOSED to play?

Then there's the whole "overbuff/overnerf" thing that's going on. What is the intent behind some of the massive stat changes in some patches? I understand that the AEC was overperforming, but were changes to the main gun, cost coax, burst and RoF really needed? That's five changes to fix one problem - that's a lot. On the other hand, the 222 change was done (IMO) correctly; it was weak, so they buffed ONE stat. If its still weak, they can buff a (single) different stat. If its now too strong, they know EXACTLY why it's too strong (HP change too great); only 1 stat needs to be adjusted to get the unit to the right place.

Once we have a good idea of what relic actually wants to do, and what their thinking is behind certain things, we can move forward much more efficiently.
29 Feb 2016, 05:31 AM

other, optimize
29 Feb 2016, 05:39 AM

Clean slate, start over, move to a different period, WW1, cold war, 'nam, 80s Afghanistan, whatever. If we're going to have a consistently buggy game, you might as well start fresh so we can have totally new stuff. :P /sarcasm
29 Feb 2016, 07:28 AM

I think they should l2w

(learn to work)
Phy
29 Feb 2016, 07:41 AM

/uninstall Relic
29 Feb 2016, 08:04 AM

BRING THQ BACK !!! :*(
29 Feb 2016, 10:33 AM

Spend all the money they can possibly have to merchandise and merchandise and merchandise and merchandise in various ways so the player base could increase.
29 Feb 2016, 10:37 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I don't know what they will do or what they should do, but this is what I would love them to do: hire some community figures that proved to be professional and competent enough to be part of the relic team, get them at Relic as designers, balancers and producers and build the next COH game with them. I am 100% sure the result of that would be the game we all deserve to play since after COH1 :)
29 Feb 2016, 10:39 AM

I really want Pacific Theatre!
29 Feb 2016, 10:42 AM

I'd start by disallowing Brad to go next to a stream, nor to be allowed to post in the forums. His constant arrogance, trolling attempts, and insults towards the community are not professional.

At least Kyle and CuddleTronic are professional in their communications and public appearances.

However though, if the games continues to fail like the last two patches, it'll end up like Dawn of War 2 very quickly.. Actually, this feels like when DoW2 was slowly fading away. It all started with a handful of really bad patches and the worst community support ever.
29 Feb 2016, 10:55 AM

Where is the "Just patch the game" option?
29 Feb 2016, 11:23 AM

I really want Pacific Theatre!

Then we will find a game with hardly any tanks.
Most of it will only be infantry combat. + Most of it took place on small islands.
29 Feb 2016, 11:27 AM

I voted "other".

Bugs, Balance, Optimization
Everything else after the above!!!
29 Feb 2016, 16:21 PM

Other: learn the base code and provide basic functionality such as custom keybindings and superior pathing mechanics. And also to work on performance.
AND
Let us make our own servers in addition to mods. Full modification functionality too, pls.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★