Login

russian armor

Japanese faction

28 Feb 2016, 01:57 AM

I'm a little torn. On one hand, people are arguing about OKW and Americans in Stalingrad, but it looks like any war-torn European city. On the other hand, Soviets and Brits/USF fighting together.

I feel the aesthetic of Japanese maps would just be too jarring and different, unless they focused on the Soviet-Japanese War and made a lot of the maps in the Chinese countryside or generic islands.
28 Feb 2016, 02:18 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Yes, because we don't need a fifth German faction in this series ffs.
28 Feb 2016, 02:52 AM

If we add a japanese faction, we also need to add a New Zealand faction.

Unless you somehow want to add Naval Warfare, what exactly can you do with the Japanese Faction? Kamikaze Plane barrage? IJN Yamamoto Naval Artillery Fire Support? Type 97 "Medium" Tank (with 20mm of armour)?

Even New Zealand operated UK and US weaponry in limited number, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_New_Zealand_Armoured_Brigade

I would love to see another faction that isn't German. But I can't magically change history to make Japanese land forces somehow relevant
28 Feb 2016, 03:08 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 02:52 AMdpfarce
I would love to see another faction that isn't German. But I can't magically change history to make Japanese land forces somehow relevant

Actually you can, it's called gameplay before realism.
28 Feb 2016, 04:00 AM

Please add a Japanese faction. People are way too dismissive about the idea.
28 Feb 2016, 05:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 03:08 AMTobis

Actually you can, it's called gameplay before realism.

Let's add the Space Marines
28 Feb 2016, 05:38 AM

Relic have yet to properly implement a single faction after release in either company of heroes games. They are still making drastic changes to OKW and there are still glaring issues with them and USF.

I have no idea what they are thinking with UKF as clearly they learned nothing from Opposing Fronts.

As others have stated already, even if the Japanese were implemented properly, what would they add to this game and what historical units would be even viable? Regular infantry with camoflage? More sim city emplacements like UKF? A single light tank?

The Japanese depended on massive fortification and naval supremacy and I'd hate to see another faction dependent on Offmap artillery/air support and building forts.
28 Feb 2016, 05:50 AM

Well I would love to use ninja squad. Samurai sword and samurai weapon (imaginary) cutting/shooting everything within 10/30m and going camo when not in action. Should have a special ability called charge costing 100 munition. The ability will make samurai charge and deflect every shot fired at him. Will become darth vader for sometime.
28 Feb 2016, 06:30 AM

First real melee, suicidal, naval units in COH, why not?

IJA was defined being weak and outdated because of their outdated WWI strategy and equipment. IJA did not really involved in WWI and their so-called victory in Russo-Japanese War (which was in fact an utter failure, suicide blobing into hill camped with Maxims) gave them pride and thought they were unbeatable.

In the Pacific war, they did beat the Brits (in-spite of being outnumbered), such example showed that they were not really that incompetent at all. But after that the IJA started underestimate the Allies. According to their military report, they did report the US and Brit was even weaker than China LOL. Such ignorant pride is the main cause of their fatal failure in Guadalcanal.

Their armor was weak because they don't really need a "modern" tank in the China front and Pacific front, it was better investing the limited resource for the IJN gaining naval and air supremacy. The German navy was extremely weak because of this same reason.
28 Feb 2016, 07:39 AM

I would like to see a Japanese faction. Ideally the faction would be similar to USF and focus more on light and medium armor. The faction needs to be dramatically different from OST and OKW because those factions are pretty damn similar since the resource penalty was removed from OKW.

I think one of the reasons Axis is rather far behind in automatch searching right now is lack of variety between OKW/OST vs. USF/SU/UKF.

Bring on the Japs. Launch them w/ a bunch of maps set in the Pacific theater.
28 Feb 2016, 08:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 07:39 AMLuGer33
I would like to see a Japanese faction. Ideally the faction would be similar to USF and focus more on light and medium armor. The faction needs to be dramatically different from OST and OKW because those factions are pretty damn similar since the resource penalty was removed from OKW.

I think one of the reasons Axis is rather far behind in automatch searching right now is lack of variety between OKW/OST vs. USF/SU/UKF.

Bring on the Japs. Launch them w/ a bunch of maps set in the Pacific theater.

Exactly, it will be Axis fraction with Ally style gameplay.
in my post I wrote that Japan has everything for this:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/49765/japanese-faction/post/497715

Japan was at war in China, and it is:
- Mountains (cold and snow)
- cities
- steppes
- forests

So what can be done a variety of maps
28 Feb 2016, 10:45 AM

Swords against MGs? Yea okay. Turkey shoots and kamikaze
28 Feb 2016, 11:14 AM

Swords against MGs? Yea okay. Turkey shoots and kamikaze

It was insanity, but it was the main reason why the USMC trained the marines very hard because they believe the Japanese truly fearless to death.

IJA blob could be immune to suppression but dropping like flies, Banzai charge with German T1 support can be quite interesting.
28 Feb 2016, 13:47 PM

No thanks. I already hate it when I see Soviets and west front allies fight together.
28 Feb 2016, 14:24 PM

No thanks. I already hate it when I see Soviets and west front allies fight together.

Thank Relic, this part of the game should have been on the Eastern Front

But it's too late to change something, you have a time machine?
28 Feb 2016, 18:28 PM

Finnish forces would fit better to the Eastern front theme.
28 Feb 2016, 19:25 PM

If the official forums were working I would show you my Italian German Army Faction Idea.
28 Feb 2016, 19:47 PM

Japanese don't have any adequate armoured vehicles. They would be a horrible choice for a new faction, full of OP panic buttons to compensate for the mediocrity of it's technology.

But above all else, fix current content. More then enough content already.
28 Feb 2016, 22:23 PM

The Pacific theatre would need to be a separate gamemode IMO to function fully. Similar to a North Africa campaign with Italy.

Although Japan v China would be quite interesting.
28 Feb 2016, 23:03 PM

Finland new faction.

They fought both the Russians and the Germans.
In winter.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak