Login

russian armor

Changes For Tulips?

26 Feb 2016, 11:03 AM

The problem with the Tulip is that it deals way too much alpha damage. Pursuant to the stats provided on stat.coh2.hu(where exactly is this HU anyway?), the main gun of firefly deals 200 damage on penetration and the left and right rocket deals 240 damage respectively (kinda surprised me that the two rockets don't actually share the same profile tho ),which in total deals 680 damage at once. Yes ofc we have to take into account the possibility that the 76mm AP shell got bounced off , but come on does that really happen?
What does this really mean tho? Well it means the firefly is able to bring down almost 70% of the health of the Tiger (1040 hit points), half of the health of the King Tiger (1280 hit points), and make the panther blitzkrieg backward for its 175 fuel worth of life (800 hit points ),while raping the Pz 4 to death (640 hit points); all in a blink of an eye.
26 Feb 2016, 11:16 AM

A valid point, but don' forget how much worse the Firefly would be without Tulips for its fuel cost of 155 (reload time wtf?). And of course you do not get guaranted hits. For a initial investion of 100mun and and further 100mun for each salvo I often saw the tulips firing right over tanks or hitting the ground before reaching the tank. Because of the delay between activating the ability and firing first/second missile you often miss if your opponent is moving his tank in an intelligent way. So this has to be taken into account.
26 Feb 2016, 11:19 AM

here's what I propose:

firefly cost lowered to 350 mp 125 fuel 12 pop
tulip upgrade cost lowered to 30
tulip rocket cost lowered to 60
tulip rockets changed to 2x100.
26 Feb 2016, 11:21 AM

Agreed I thought Relic wanted less 1 shot abilities in the game ::snfQuinn:

But then they should make it cheaper or have faster reload?
26 Feb 2016, 11:22 AM

Agreed I thought Relic wanted less 1 shot abilities in the game :snfQuinn:

But then they should make it cheaper or have faster reload?
26 Feb 2016, 11:25 AM

here's what I propose:

Don't like the concept that all armor the allies have is more spammable and inferior to axis side. I like the fact that brits don't have spammable tanks but tanks that can go toe-to-toe with axis tanks. They already went the wrong way with Churchills by toning done armor and health. They should have bring the fuel cost over 200 instead and leave it like it was.
26 Feb 2016, 20:25 PM

Id like to see the tulips damage go down to 200 so it doesn't kill mediums in 2 seconds. I still want it to seriously punish heavies though. With that should come a price decrease for the tulip ability.

Also wouldnt mind a ROF increase with a small price increase.
26 Feb 2016, 20:46 PM

here's what I propose:

Rather then a price drop increase the 17lber pen and rof. It's fluffy USP is a gun that can pen German heavies.

Takes a whole 2 minutes to mod and afterwards the FF feels "proper".

26 Feb 2016, 21:10 PM

The tulip should remain as is, unless addressing the extreme low RoF of the Firefly, and the potency of German super heavy TD's, which require a Firefly alpha strike in order to even allow the Firefly a chance to kill them.

I agree that the damage to medium tanks is quite high, and disappointingly so. Technically if you are playing against Fireflies you are supposed to keep your mediums on the move, and use infantry based AT to help you punish the selection of a strict TD.
27 Feb 2016, 02:19 AM

Don't like the concept that all armor the allies have is more spammable and inferior to axis side. I like the fact that brits don't have spammable tanks but tanks that can go toe-to-toe with axis tanks. They already went the wrong way with Churchills by toning done armor and health. They should have bring the fuel cost over 200 instead and leave it like it was.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 20:46 PMGlokta

Rather then a price drop increase the 17lber pen and rof. It's fluffy USP is a gun that can pen German heavies.

Takes a whole 2 minutes to mod and afterwards the FF feels "proper".

pure tank hunters like the firefly should be reasonable affordable, and 440mp 155 fuel is not affordable.

an affordable tank hunter give the faction a fallback unit against armor spam. The wehr have stug, us have jackson, soviet have the su76 and su85, and the okw have the jagdpanzer and puma.

an overly expensive specialized unit like the firefly are not really that useful.

even the jagdpanzer 4 is still within reasonable price range.
27 Feb 2016, 02:23 AM

Firefly is just fine. It handles its role admirably and is only ever a bad investment when your opponent is fielding no medium or heavy armor. UKF has plenty of anti-infantry options, but not many AT options, which is why the Firefly picks up the slack.
27 Feb 2016, 02:24 AM

pure tank hunters like the firefly should be reasonable affordable, and 440mp 155 fuel is not affordable.

an affordable tank hunter give the faction a fallback unit against armor spam. The wehr have stug, us have jackson, soviet have the su76 and su85, and the okw have the jagdpanzer and puma.

an overly expensive specialized unit like the firefly are not really that useful.

even the jagdpanzer 4 is still within reasonable price range.

And all of these other tank hunters can 1 shot mediums in 2 seconds. :loco:
27 Feb 2016, 02:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The JPIV can with the help of veterancy and heat shells. With PV mark vehicle is also easier :P

27 Feb 2016, 02:53 AM

the point is to gave the british a reliable tank destroyer that's not prohibitively expensive or risky to use.

With the churchill and comet being both expensive generalist tank, the Firefly should be a cheaper anti-tank support.

27 Feb 2016, 03:16 AM

the point is to gave the british a reliable tank destroyer that's not prohibitively expensive or risky to use.

With the churchill and comet being both expensive generalist tank, the Firefly should be a cheaper anti-tank support.

I see what you mean. Something spammable to counter enemy armor spam. Makes sense. I think its pretty safe to say brits have the least amount of AT options. That being said, the 6 pdr is arguably the best AT gun and the firefly is excellent vs heavies with the tulips.
27 Feb 2016, 03:17 AM

The JPIV can with the help of veterancy and heat shells. With PV mark vehicle is also easier :P

In 2 seconds?? I haven't played the WFAs for a while so i'm not sure if there have been any changes that im unaware of.
27 Feb 2016, 03:22 AM

The problem with the Tulip is that it deals way too much alpha damage. Pursuant to the stats provided on stat.coh2.hu(where exactly is this HU anyway?), the main gun of firefly deals 200 damage on penetration and the left and right rocket deals 240 damage respectively (kinda surprised me that the two rockets don't actually share the same profile tho ),which in total deals 680 damage at once. Yes ofc we have to take into account the possibility that the 76mm AP shell got bounced off , but come on does that really happen?
What does this really mean tho? Well it means the firefly is able to bring down almost 70% of the health of the Tiger (1040 hit points), half of the health of the King Tiger (1280 hit points), and make the panther blitzkrieg backward for its 175 fuel worth of life (800 hit points ),while raping the Pz 4 to death (640 hit points); all in a blink of an eye.

nein
27 Feb 2016, 04:22 AM

That being said, the 6 pdr is arguably the best AT gun and the firefly is excellent vs heavies with the tulips.

the lack of a snare or accurate atw make the 6 pdr a bit risky to use. british infantry probably have the worst anti-tank weapon in the game.
27 Feb 2016, 04:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

In 2 seconds?? I haven't played the WFAs for a while so i'm not sure if there have been any changes that im unaware of.

JPIV vet5 out of cammo deals 400dmg, PV mark vehicle is +50% dmg, heat shells is 30% dmg.
Enough to practically 1 shot a Pershing. No need to worry with accuracy or penetration as the vet5 bonus is 150% increase on both.

Ontopic: ATM Tank is practically paying it's cost to be a tulip platform unfortunately. You could make the tulips more of a support option while tweaking base stats of the tank or leave everything as it is now.
27 Feb 2016, 04:30 AM

the lack of a snare or accurate atw make the 6 pdr a bit risky to use. british infantry probably have the worst anti-tank weapon in the game.

Agreed. Thats basically the only problem with the brits imo. Their lack of snare.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★