Login

russian armor

Japanese Faction

25 Feb 2016, 22:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 21:11 PMTobis
8 man squads. For a snare they have one man banzai rush a tank with a satchel charge and blow himself up.

Actually, they could do 8 man squads like this.

When you build a Japanese squad you get two squads of 4 weak troops. They share veterancy across each other. Then you can get different weapon upgrades for each small squad, like lmgs on one and submachine guns on the other. Use them together to flank, etc. Would also keep with the axis theme of small squads to not fuck up single engagements too much.
25 Feb 2016, 22:18 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 21:22 PMafrrs

how many for a 8 squad men ? 310 mp ?

Well I would make them like the Axis equivalent of Soviets, where they have cheap and numerous units. So something like conscripts. right now the factions are set up similar to usf = okw, Ostheer = Brits, nothing to match Soviets. (I mean basic faction design, 4 vs 5 vs 6 man squads, etc.)
25 Feb 2016, 23:36 PM

That is true, though I still have doubts about it. Relic is already dealing with balance/bugs with 5 factions, it's hard to believe they would want to throw another one into the mix.

trust me, if Relic wants to make money, they'd make 10 more factions :snfPeter:
26 Feb 2016, 00:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 22:14 PMTobis

Actually, they could do 8 man squads like this.

When you build a Japanese squad you get two squads of 4 weak troops. They share veterancy across each other. Then you can get different weapon upgrades for each small squad, like lmgs on one and submachine guns on the other. Use them together to flank, etc. Would also keep with the axis theme of small squads to not fuck up single engagements too much.

I like this idea, though I find it a bit hard to picuture. So if one half squad gets wiped you can reinforce it from the first? Can you reinforce the second while the first is in base?
26 Feb 2016, 00:23 AM

A long time ago, before release of brits, I began to create Japanese army mod. Maybe next week I will release prototype.

26 Feb 2016, 00:25 AM

Tunnels. Can't have the japanese without tunnels.

Send your engi to build a little exit in the corner of the map and watch your enemies surprise when your entire army attacks from behind. Would be awesome.
26 Feb 2016, 01:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

trust me, if Relic wants to make money, they'd make 10 more factions :snfPeter:

Or just make more commanders #Commisar #PG2xFlamer :snfBarton:
26 Feb 2016, 01:34 AM
Patrion 26

Tunnels. Can't have the japanese without tunnels.

Send your engi to build a little exit in the corner of the map and watch your enemies surprise when your entire army attacks from behind. Would be awesome.

They could basically steal the system the 'Global Liberation Army' had in Command and Conquer Generals - being able to instantly transfer units from one bunker to another - which they stole borrowed for Dawn of War.

Actually they could steal most of the mechanics and designs from that faction and it would probably work well in COH2.
26 Feb 2016, 01:35 AM

All Japanese forces needs are kamikaze planes - they work just like Brit gliders only they kill whatever they hit :P
26 Feb 2016, 01:38 AM

IJA in Europe? historically no, but for in-game multiplayer fine with me
26 Feb 2016, 01:38 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 00:21 AMWygrif

I like this idea, though I find it a bit hard to picuture. So if one half squad gets wiped you can reinforce it from the first? Can you reinforce the second while the first is in base?

No idea, i was just throwing out some ideas that I didn't really think through that much.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★