Login

russian armor

Commandos overnerfed

25 Feb 2016, 03:18 AM

But for the other doctrine they are 350. And their reinforce cost is also based from 350, making them cheaper than Obersoldaten.

And you still get some utility from the glider in form of reinforcement and physic shenanigans.

when the call in have an extra 150 mp premium, there's a problem. I don't consider the vanguard hq glider because it's a dlc doc.

The normal glider is the most obvious call in in the entire game. The glider itself is also fragile and can not be repair. Most glider is going to lose ~50% of its hp if from the landing alone.

the glider shouldn't be a 150 mp premium. ~50 mp is a much better price for the glider.

Hmm, not sure about that. Check these Commandoes out in action.

redwing used vanguard commander and spawn in two commandos with his HQ glider. For 350 mp the commandos are probably fine, but the 150 mp premium on the normal glider needs to go down.

We completely agree on that.

I personally would rather see a decrease to the glider premium first.
25 Feb 2016, 03:45 AM
Donator 11

Price for the glider should come down I imagine, fix the bugs on commandos and see where we are at. The MP price to go commando doc is stupidly high and should be brought down or swapped with the vanguard call in.

I would rather a small change be seen to make them a more viable in a faction that already has a very limited MP float. Reduce the price of the call in by 50-75mp as I think the change to 50mp would be to little and see if that works.

25 Feb 2016, 03:57 AM

Being the most expensive AI unit in game and an iconic, classic unit which defines the whole brit faction(Along with emplacements), I think they are a total waste of resources and basically the stylish looking version of SU combat engineers who can't repair; demos being their only use. They are totally outclassed by falls, and to an extent deterred by vet PGrens and sniped by LMGrens.

Either a cost reduction, ROF-nerf revert or new utilities is needed and I am counting on you b. 500-600(Vanguard) MP is too much for these guys.

Ever use them?

-No, they aren't worth the micro-requirement/cost.
-Yes. For demos only.
-Yes they kick ass.

I thought Fallschirmjager were most expensive AI unit. Forget about obers too, huh. And paratroopers. and shock troops. But selective memory is ok when you're making a point.

"I think they are a total waste of resources and basically the stylish looking version of SU combat engineers who can't repair"

Seems like you played yourself a couple too many times, comparing them to fuckin engineers. L2P pls, and you need playercard so we know you're not shit posting. :foreveralone:

25 Feb 2016, 04:16 AM

So are STG-Storms. They don't cost 500MP though, do they?

And no one is trying to use them like shocks (Who aren't that spectacular either). It takes too long till they deal some damage, thanks to fucking up with their ROF.

try Commando Nade inside a house..

100% DMG, hope that will change ur mind
25 Feb 2016, 04:48 AM

I thought Fallschirmjager were most expensive AI unit. Forget about obers too, huh. And paratroopers. and shock troops. But selective memory is ok when you're making a point.

"I think they are a total waste of resources and basically the stylish looking version of SU combat engineers who can't repair"

Seems like you played yourself a couple too many times, comparing them to fuckin engineers. L2P pls, and you need playercard so we know you're not shit posting. :foreveralone:

+52
25 Feb 2016, 05:36 AM

So are STG-Storms. They don't cost 500MP though, do they?

And no one is trying to use them like shocks (Who aren't that spectacular either). It takes too long till they deal some damage, thanks to fucking up with their ROF.

400 mp and 60 ammo cost. Commando's are 5 man obers are 4 man. 350 (initial cost of commandos) against 400 mp and 60 ammo. Make the calculations
25 Feb 2016, 05:42 AM

The clutch OP gammon bomb does not justify their cost (same can be said about the Airlanding Officer and his abilities)

They either need a small DPS increase or a durability increase

Also the smoke grenade thing is useless, would it be too much to ask for a "normal" one?
25 Feb 2016, 05:47 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The clutch OP gammon bomb does not justify their cost (same can be said about the Airlanding Officer and his abilities)

AoE.

Received Accuracy.

Ya know what I'll say that again, AoE 0.25 received accuracy!
25 Feb 2016, 05:52 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

- They get a -75% received accuracy on retreat at Vet3

under what category/directory are you finding this??

I sure cant find it
25 Feb 2016, 06:04 AM

under what category/directory are you finding this??

I sure cant find it

I assume he's referring to the smoke.

400 mp and 60 ammo cost. Commando's are 5 man obers are 4 man. 350 (initial cost of commandos) against 400 mp and 60 ammo. Make the calculations

The commandos from the commando doctrine require 500 mp to call in. Vanguard doctrine is dlc.
25 Feb 2016, 06:20 AM

No your calculations are wrong.

Then enlighten me please.

when the call in have an extra 150 mp premium, there's a problem. I don't consider the vanguard hq glider because it's a dlc doc.

So units in dlc commanders are not part of the balance?

How much is the premium for Fallschirmjäger and JLI?
25 Feb 2016, 06:30 AM

So units in dlc commanders are not part of the balance?

Lowering the glider cost of the commandos regiment will not affect vanguard. They are separate ability. Even assuming that vanguard commandos is balanced, it doesn't address the commandos regiment's 500 mp call in cost.

fallschirmjager and jaeger's building spawn allow them to take enemy by surprise. The glider landing is obvious and slow.

the fallschirmajger call is 440 mp and squad cost is 304. This mean the house spawn cost 136.
jaeger call in is 290 and squad cost is 300. Their house spawn cost 10 mp.
25 Feb 2016, 06:36 AM

Fallschirmjägers are Fromm common commander and JLI is from the premium scavenger doctrine commander.

Differences between the commando 500mp call-in and other on map call ins is that it doesn't require a building ( that also night be mined and install GiB your unit) and it's fast and behind enemy lines. If used correctly the commandos can wipe some support weapons before they have to retreat which can justify the high MP cost.
25 Feb 2016, 06:50 AM

Thank you for the numbers firesparks.

So the extra cost for the commandos and Fallschirmjäger is almost equal. While the spawning from buildings is instant, it is map dependent and can be countered by mines, tripflares, wire, garrison or destruction.
The glider insertion is slow but can be done almost everywhere. If placed inside friendly territory it will act as an reinforce point.

Also commandos have a significantly lower reinforcement cost.

I think the price is quite high in the commando regiment and could be lowered to 450 maybe.
The vanguard doctrine is still a part of the game and offers enough utility for the price. But taking it out of the equation is not right.
25 Feb 2016, 06:55 AM

So, your main complaints are that they're worse than a unit almost 100mp more expensive than them and that they were overnerfed and thus should be made like the way they were pre-nerf? Do you remember how they were pre-nerf kappa?

I could see lowering the price of the glider call-in however.

25 Feb 2016, 07:07 AM

So, your main complaints are that they're worse than a unit almost 100mp more expensive than them

falls 440
xommandos 500MP or 540+350MP
25 Feb 2016, 07:10 AM

Differences between the commando 500mp call-in and other on map call ins is that it doesn't require a building ( that also night be mined and install GiB your unit) and it's fast and behind enemy lines. If used correctly the commandos can wipe some support weapons before they have to retreat which can justify the high MP cost.

the glider takes about 30 seconds to land. On some map it's faster than walking, but if the germans are paying attention they shouldn't be caught by surprise.

The glider's flight path also reveal its approximate landing zone as well. The german would need to be caught sleeping to miss such an obvious warning.
25 Feb 2016, 07:11 AM

falls 440
xommandos 500MP or 540+350MP

I was recalling the cost from the vanguard regiment. I also added the caveat of dropping the price of the glider drop in my post.
25 Feb 2016, 07:11 AM

I said OST STG-Storms. You read my post wrong.

Oh still bitter I refused to have sex with you via PM bitch?

Wtf are you even on right now, and where can I get it. :sibDZ::sibDZ::sibDZ::sibDZ:
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★