Login

russian armor

AEC Treadbusters

23 Feb 2016, 22:32 PM
Donator 11

Holy shit this ability is overpowered (if it hits). MEIN GOTT. Literally it will freeze a tank in its spot for a good like 20 seconds at least. I've rekt two Panthers with two AECs doing this.

Demonstrating how awesome this ability is:

23 Feb 2016, 23:11 PM

It is bugged and never hits, or not both at any rate...

Thought it was 8 seconds in total if both shots penned?
23 Feb 2016, 23:57 PM
Donator 11

It is bugged and never hits, or not both at any rate...

Thought it was 8 seconds in total if both shots penned?

Probably over-exaggeration Kappa. But sure it hits! The cone is just really small. So you need to stop teh AEC look at the tank dead in the eye and hope the tank doesn't move.
24 Feb 2016, 00:13 AM

You need at least three aec's to pull a fast one on a panther, I'm calling bullshit north :snfPeter:
24 Feb 2016, 00:20 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Northweapon once said you could supervise with the captain your allied buildings, i call bait MVGame
24 Feb 2016, 00:49 AM

Unless it has been ninja fixed, tried all sorts with treadbreaker before and after the AEC buff to remarkably little effect.
24 Feb 2016, 01:30 AM

Yeppers. The moment I saw that ability, I knew it was going to be as OP as bananas (like the PE ability from CoH1). However:
- The AEC used to be incredibly expensive (at 440MP)
- I hadn't figured out a way to workaround the targeting bug (what Northweapon posted)

Having said that, I find that the AEC has an amazing synergy with:
- Firefly
- PIATs
- Hammer tactics (Warspeed + spotting)

1. The Firefly baits the enemy armour (and has enough HP to survive, unlike the Jackson)
2. You wait until the enemy armour has fired their shot on the Firefly (so that the AEC won't die)
3. AEC dives in with warspeed (also infers received accuracy bonuses) and immobilizes the armour)
4. AEC steps back out out of the enemy range, but close enough to provide sight for the Firefly
5. (Optional) Bring some PIAT guys to fire at the enemy for free Vet
7. ggwp no re
24 Feb 2016, 01:55 AM

It would have an amazing synergy with Piats if treadbreaker worked. The 8 second stun though isn't necessarily even enough to get a Piat volley off ( think it is actually a 5 second and a 3 second stun if both hit) considering you have to get them within range first.

If it does work then no need to dive in with it though, ( I find diving with AECs to generally be suicidal) the treadbreaker has the same range as the sight ( 50m) so creeping your AEC forward in front of a Firefly to dick and immobilise enemy armour potentially works well, again if it hits.

The range is a blessing and a curse, immobilising a vehicle behind their lines isn't bugger all use and if anything it's poor accuracy at range just results in a fail.

It chimes better with tulips due to the small window of opportunity, though with great demands always placed on munitions it is rather a gamble with a bugged ability.

It has clearly been designed to deal with kiting Panthers though in my experience it doesn't. Would be delighted to be shown otherwise though.
24 Feb 2016, 04:15 AM
Donator 11

I'm gonna post a video about this...

You need at least three aec's to pull a fast one on a panther, I'm calling bullshit north :snfPeter:

Without treadbreakers maybe :P But with treadbreakers, the Panther can't even shoot back cuz its turret cant rotate and it can't drive away.
24 Feb 2016, 05:27 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 00:20 AMd0ggY
Northweapon once said you could supervise with the captain your allied buildings, i call bait MVGame

Posted a video in orginal post:P See for yourself
24 Feb 2016, 06:24 AM

But anybody knows exactly how Treadbreak work currently? Sometimes it stun enemy tanks while sometimes it does nothing.
24 Feb 2016, 06:38 AM

But anybody knows exactly how Treadbreak work currently? Sometimes it stun enemy tanks while sometimes it does nothing.

You need to land first shot, so If the tank moves out of firing circle radius you can't activate the ability, which is why people complain and nobody uses it, because it's because worthless.
24 Feb 2016, 07:00 AM

You need to land first shot, so If the tank moves out of firing circle radius you can't activate the ability, which is why people complain and nobody uses it, because it's because worthless.

So does Treadbreak always stun if hit or does it require your shot to penetrate the tank (like Puma Precise Shot?).
24 Feb 2016, 07:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 00:20 AMd0ggY

So it was before some patch, I used this tip for a while
24 Feb 2016, 08:00 AM

So does Treadbreak always stun if hit or does it require your shot to penetrate the tank (like Puma Precise Shot?).

The shots have 1000 pen, so it's guaranteed.
24 Feb 2016, 08:26 AM

Banned
Maybe, if it hits.
I play AEC all the time and I have never ever got the shot :D

I don't suck dick btw, but it's really really hard.
24 Feb 2016, 22:33 PM

The shots have 1000 pen, so it's guaranteed.

So its basically click this button to mobilise even a front hit on a KT/Jaghtiger?
Fuck that...

Video

Holy shit, how did AEC not die from 2 direct hits from that KT?
Did you have god mode on or something?

24 Feb 2016, 23:22 PM

So its basically click this button to mobilise even a front hit on a KT/Jaghtiger?
Fuck that...

Holy shit, how did AEC not die from 2 direct hits from that KT?
Did you have god mode on or something?

Well, first shot makes the tank temporarily slower, second prevents it from moving for like 30 seconds or something.

Aec is fairly vulnerable whilst doing so, and the ability still sucks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★