Login

russian armor

Useless unit list which need to be changed

23 Feb 2016, 12:14 PM
Patrion 26

You can add the M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage to the list. No one ever builds it, and compared to all the (anti-blob) artillery the other factions get this is basically a hugely overpriced howitzer on wheels.

23 Feb 2016, 12:25 PM

A bit hard to say something's completely useless - but the Sexton and Valentine definitely fall in that category.

For the brits I'd also consider adding the standard Churchill. Its high cost and generally unimpressive performance coupled with a slow speed at a time of the game when you'll be facing panthers mean that you're handing the initiative to the opponent just by building one. It also locks out the Comet which is just plain better.

The universal carrier is borderline. It's moderately useful for about a minute or two before it gets erased by AT. The fuel cost removal will not help this.
23 Feb 2016, 12:48 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Yes, Infantry sections and Grenadiers are literally useless. Might as well suicide them. :rolleyes:

Half this list in completely ridiculous.
23 Feb 2016, 14:15 PM

Panzerwerfer and Walking Stuka should be brought on Katyusha level. Soviet T1 , Cons and Guards as well as Soviet non doc late game need a buff. About Grenadiers: personally I think they scale quite well with their MG24 upgrade. Generally I think the solution is not to buff, but to nerf overperforming units like Volksgrenadiers or the Panzerwerfer.
23 Feb 2016, 14:35 PM

it would be nice if WC51 could be supression platform like kupawagen before patch. results ? so big buff for this commander and more intresting gameplay :hansGASM:
they could allow it to cap and it wouldnt be the end of the world
23 Feb 2016, 14:48 PM

You can add the M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage to the list. No one ever builds it, and compared to all the (anti-blob) artillery the other factions get this is basically a hugely overpriced howitzer on wheels.

Already added.

"Katyusha(Can't kill a single thing before they get away)"

so a balanced unit should be buffed to overpreforme like calliOPe and Pwerfer? :thumb:

I didn't propose any change. the rest leave to Relic to change however they see fit, at least, to solve the problem I put in brackets.
23 Feb 2016, 15:05 PM

I like the idea of the Dodge being like the old Kubel and coming at 1cp.
23 Feb 2016, 15:16 PM

I like the idea of the Dodge being like the old Kubel and coming at 1cp.

i guess this is the best option for this commander
23 Feb 2016, 15:26 PM

M42 AT gun.
KV1.
KV2.
23 Feb 2016, 15:53 PM

Panzerwerfer and Walking Stuka should be brought on Katyusha level. Soviet T1 , Cons and Guards as well as Soviet non doc late game need a buff. About Grenadiers: personally I think they scale quite well with their MG24 upgrade. Generally I think the solution is not to buff, but to nerf overperforming units like Volksgrenadiers or the Panzerwerfer.

grens scale well but they cant utilize because you will lose them midgame due 4 man squads and various sources for squadwipes (even full health oneshoots so no real counterplay). if you pay attention to esl games you will see that even pro lose grens quite regulary in comparison to other mainline infantry.
not to mention its a huge loss for ostheer to lose their lmg grens with expensive vet.
aaa
23 Feb 2016, 15:54 PM

Su 85 is the utter garbage noiw. It takes 30 shots to kill kt, bounses included. Before that was a direct counter
23 Feb 2016, 16:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2016, 15:54 PMaaa

Su 85 is the utter garbage noiw. It takes 30 shots to kill kt, bounses included. Before that was a direct counter

Before what? They haven't touched SU 85 since before the WFA came out, the only change was KT armor nerfs so it would make it easier.
23 Feb 2016, 17:10 PM
23 Feb 2016, 17:20 PM

Some of these are poor choices. Having said that problem with SU85 is not that it misses too frequently (which it does), its amazing vet 2 and 3 do partially make up for this, but its low turret position. On maps with any terrain it frequently clips terrain (or wrecks as they build up) and fails to hit the target. This is a real problem for a TD that is designed to stop frontal rushes by hitting the target and dealing damage immediately. The clipping should be addressed and I think that would help bring it in line with other TD's.
23 Feb 2016, 23:03 PM

The UC would be top of my list, even with the upcoming no fuel cost I'm struggling to think of a use.

Churchill second, a heavy tank ( and a very slow heavy at that) which costs more and has less armour or firepower than many mediums.

Each to their own though, which is rather my point. It is far more interesting playing against someone who has their own style or uses units you are not used to facing than a constant stream of scrubs who ape the build orders and priorities of tournament players.

It is a shame that the cost of each unit isn't dependent upon it's popularity. Or indeed that spamming wasn't financially discouraged in some way. Having three Volks on the field at one time = normal. Add a fourth and you pay more for it, a fifth and it starts to get pricey.

If no sod has built a 17pdr emplacement in a week ( quite possible) then why not sell it cheap to encourage their use?

Would also be nice to see stats not just on the Top150 players but on the whole playerbase and individual units. Would certainly help to inform balance discussions if the average damage given and received by each unit was known.
23 Feb 2016, 23:12 PM

The UC would be top of my list, even with the upcoming no fuel cost I'm struggling to think of a use.

Churchill second, a heavy tank ( and a very slow heavy at that) which costs more and has less armour or firepower than many mediums.

Each to their own though, which is rather my point. It is far more interesting playing against someone who has their own style or uses units you are not used to facing than a constant stream of scrubs who ape the build orders and priorities of tournament players.

It is a shame that the cost of each unit isn't dependent upon it's popularity. Or indeed that spamming wasn't financially discouraged in some way. Having three Volks on the field at one time = normal. Add a fourth and you pay more for it, a fifth and it starts to get pricey.

If no sod has built a 17pdr emplacement in a week ( quite possible) then why not sell it cheap to encourage their use?

Would also be nice to see stats not just on the Top150 players but on the whole playerbase and individual units. Would certainly help to inform balance discussions if the average damage given and received by each unit was known.

MMMM, the UC will be a good unit to scout/holdoff kubel for MG since the vickers is more effective with vision. Same goes for all MGs. Also, it will be a decent counter for garrisons. Before, people would forgo the UC for mortar pit because the 15 fuel delayed their tech. Now you don't have to build a mortar pit for a better garrison counter.
23 Feb 2016, 23:19 PM

Some of these are poor choices. Having said that problem with SU85 is not that it misses too frequently (which it does), its amazing vet 2 and 3 do partially make up for this, but its low turret position. On maps with any terrain it frequently clips terrain (or wrecks as they build up) and fails to hit the target. This is a real problem for a TD that is designed to stop frontal rushes by hitting the target and dealing damage immediately. The clipping should be addressed and I think that would help bring it in line with other TD's.

Agree, although I think the real issue with the su85 isn't actually the su85 at all, it's the crappiness of the t34/76. The SU85 is good at its intended role of engaging enemy armour outside their max range. It does a good job damaging and fending off enemy tanks, but it lacks the mobility (partly because of shitty pathing) to chase down and actually finish tanks. The t34/76 has neither the firepower nor survivability to chase or block enemy armour. This leads to a situation where you can hinder the movement of enemy armour but rarely do you actually kill them, thus as the game goes on the enemy ends up floating to the point where if you do actually manage to take down a tank, it can be easily replaced. Meanwhile the enemy can gradually attrit your tanks and wear you down as the game goes on.

As for the OPs other units:

SU - Disagree except for t34/76 and B4. All the others have their place, albeit in a small number of situations. Scout car is a little expensive fuelwise. Katyusha is a bit random but not underpowered - it's the other factions rocket artillery that is OP. I would also add ML-20, 82mm mortar, guards and m5 to list of units rarely worth building.

USF: Agree with most, .50cal is alright although a tad expensive, same for WC51. Ass engs are pretty poor at the moment, just too squishy for close-range combat.

Brits: Don't have UKF, although their artillery options do seem to be quite underwhelming.

Wehr: Grens are fine, they do their intended job well. I'd add Ostwind to the list, it comes at a time when you need a medium to deal with allied armour. With the p4 only 25 fuel more and pretty effective against infantry rare are the situations where Ostwind is worthwhile.

OKW: Agree

24 Feb 2016, 00:46 AM

What.
I love the Flak HT, it's my most favourite unit when playing OKW.
It's like a suppressing and more defensive Luchs. You just have to mikro it a bit and keep in mind of the aiming time bug, but otherwise I love that thing.

Does it still have the 50% damage engine still in place? I agree it is micro intensive but can be very rewarding and about the only micro intensive early unit OKW has but the small arms fire causing vehicle damage is a problem that should be fixed if it already hasn't.
24 Feb 2016, 01:00 AM

Agree, although I think the real issue with the su85 isn't actually the su85 at all, it's the crappiness of the t34/76. The SU85 is good at its intended role of engaging enemy armour outside their max range.

Against Osth the SU85 is a solid vehicle. Can really offer great support in deterring Tigers and Osth panthers but against the OKW heavies it is lacking. I had a saved game that no longer works of my JT (first time I have used one ever) going to town taking 14 tanks out with one single unit as a screen and a InfaredHT to detect flanks.

The barrage ability the JT gets which I think is designed to take out AT is also very effective vsing tanks and the infaredHT tells you exactly where to put it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★