Login

russian armor

Concerned about 222 price

28 Feb 2016, 15:27 PM

The urge to say "build at guns and mines. L2p allied fanboys," is way too damn high.

In regards to the 222 stomping UKF early game, all I can say is that based on what I remember about playing OST vs pre-nerfed AEC is that even a snare meant jack shit if you didn't have something to finish the light vehicle off with. There is never an excuse not to build an AT gun or some light vehicle if the enemy builds his own. I don't think snare will magically solve the problem, unless it's rifleman's AT grenade that costs very little munitions.
29 Feb 2016, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 07:55 AMJespe

hmm... I don't know why it seems to me that guards just wipe half squad in first volley usually... But then again i don't play with soviets so i don't know how it feels in the other end. But as for boys IS Rng it just seems that boys either are one shot one kill or they are either useless.

But they have Doctrinal Boys infantry section against those... Its doctrinal counter sure but OST need doctrinal counters against brit in some maps too...

AT boys start off with only 4 men where as guards start out with 6. Guards have the option to get to MGs for 75 muni upgrade? That's probably why you see them a lot more effective.
Generally the AT rifle cannot snipe a model because most models have 40 HP? The rifle, if it hits only does 26 and the extra 14 damage only applies against vehicles. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).
The utility of boys AT isn't very high as it has very low DPS and is only good against light vehicles. Again, the snare only does 50 damage instead of 100 against every other AT snare in the game: AT rifle nades from riflemen, grens, cons, fusiliers, fallschims

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 08:27 AMatouba

So before the patch 2 222s can't shoot down plains?Before the patch the ost players can also build 2 222s for AA.I don't see any difference because the dps isn't changed.

The difference is they are a lot more survivable now. Usually, they would probably get lost in an engagement and nobody would field more than say 2. Now, they have 50% more HP so they could survive engagements and past mid game just be used as AA and scouts.
3 Mar 2016, 13:03 PM

But they have Doctrinal Boys infantry section against those... Its doctrinal counter sure but OST need doctrinal counters against brit in some maps too...

the BOYS at rifle are DLC on top of being doctrinal.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★