Login

russian armor

Concerned about 222 price

22 Feb 2016, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 17:19 PMJaedrik

So what you're saying is...

Brits need homing PIATs

Edit: OOH OHH OR JUST ANTI-TANK INFANTRY SECTIONS DEFAULT AVAILABLE

Actually, they are a different unit called AT boys. Their snare only does half the damage of every other snare in the game at 50 instead of 100. Or are you suggesting we create a new unit?
22 Feb 2016, 17:48 PM

How excacly you are suggesting to adjust cost? Make it cost 20 fuel? At very least for M20 20 fuel you get
1) Ability to repair it anywhere on the field
2) Ability to lay immobolizing mines (which no-one use for some reason)
3) You have don-doc smoke on it
4) Crew has free zooks
5) Its much less vulnerable to small arms fire
6) Also ability to cap points, by de-crewing it

What you dont get with it:

Ability to fight light armor

What 222 has:

1) Better sight range with vet
2) Ability to fight light armor, on paper, but usually its good only for "finishing" enemy light armor.
3) Ability to shoot down planes (but this is different problem, which should be fixed)

^ thats it.

So again how this HP buff making 222 cost more then 15 fuel?

340 vs 215 mp is pretty big. 20 vs 15 is also pretty big.
the m20 is only less vulnerable to small firearms with 70 munition upgrade.
It doesn't squadwipe as some people claim it to do. It has just as hard of a time killing a retreating sniper as a 222.
It gets 1 bazooka... not more than one. The crew exiting the vehicle will not save it from a 222. I'd rather have it die and give it to rear echelon or riflemen (the bazooka). It costs too much to reinforce and use as mobile AT (i think 30?)

I feel as multiple 222s become more viable, it will completely replace the ostwind for AA. 2 222s will just shoot down all airplanes with only 30 fuel ;P

We will see how they perform after the patch.
22 Feb 2016, 17:54 PM

Actually, they are a different unit called AT boys. Their snare only does half the damage of every other snare in the game at 50 instead of 100. Or are you suggesting we create a new unit?

That section is amazing if enemy pushes 222 or luchs... It seem to wipe grenadier squads too at ease...

Idk if i am insane or something but i think Piat is O-kayish... Only problem i have with them is luchs and against those i usually have boys infantry sections (if i was not fast enought to have aec) The heavier the enemy tank the better piat seems to be.

I understand that with snare like Soviet/OST have IS with double piat could murder any vehicle (okay not KT or tiger) alone after snaring it. They would just walk to it and shoot it point blank to death..
22 Feb 2016, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 17:54 PMJespe

That section is amazing if enemy pushes 222 or luchs... It seem to wipe grenadier squads too at ease...

Idk if i am insane or something but i think Piat is O-kayish... Only problem i have with them is luchs and against those i usually have boys infantry sections (if i was not fast enought to have aec) The heavier the enemy tank the better piat seems to be.

I understand that with snare like Soviet/OST have IS with double piat could murder any vehicle (okay not KT or tiger) alone after snaring it. They would just walk to it and shoot it point blank to death..

Uhhh... I think we will need some test videos to test that theory. My AT boys are the most underperforming squad for 300 MP. The AT rifle weapon profile was matched to the Guard's AT rifle and I don't see normal Guards wiping grenadiers with ease. The only way I seem to level them up is either through normal grenades or AT grenade which as I stated costs the same and performs at 50% compared to every other AT snare in the game.
The only reason for me to ever use AT boys is for the vehicle detection through fog of war. It has a giant radius and scouts very well.

The Piat is awesome like you said against tanks... The bigger the better. Ironically, their use against light vehicles, is all RNG based. Which is why I think some posts are justified in saying that UKF lacks a good light vehicle counter.
26 Feb 2016, 07:55 AM

Uhhh... I think we will need some test videos to test that theory. My AT boys are the most underperforming squad for 300 MP. The AT rifle weapon profile was matched to the Guard's AT rifle and I don't see normal Guards wiping grenadiers with ease.

hmm... I don't know why it seems to me that guards just wipe half squad in first volley usually... But then again i don't play with soviets so i don't know how it feels in the other end. But as for boys IS Rng it just seems that boys either are one shot one kill or they are either useless.

The Piat is awesome like you said against tanks... The bigger the better. Ironically, their use against light vehicles, is all RNG based. Which is why I think some posts are justified in saying that UKF lacks a good light vehicle counter.

But they have Doctrinal Boys infantry section against those... Its doctrinal counter sure but OST need doctrinal counters against brit in some maps too...
26 Feb 2016, 08:27 AM

340 vs 215 mp is pretty big. 20 vs 15 is also pretty big.
the m20 is only less vulnerable to small firearms with 70 munition upgrade.
It doesn't squadwipe as some people claim it to do. It has just as hard of a time killing a retreating sniper as a 222.
It gets 1 bazooka... not more than one. The crew exiting the vehicle will not save it from a 222. I'd rather have it die and give it to rear echelon or riflemen (the bazooka). It costs too much to reinforce and use as mobile AT (i think 30?)

I feel as multiple 222s become more viable, it will completely replace the ostwind for AA. 2 222s will just shoot down all airplanes with only 30 fuel ;P

We will see how they perform after the patch.

So before the patch 2 222s can't shoot down plains?Before the patch the ost players can also build 2 222s for AA.I don't see any difference because the dps isn't changed.
27 Feb 2016, 05:42 AM

Price goes down to like 190mp and 13 fuel if you have the bullitins

cheaper than a bren carrier :snfPeter:
27 Feb 2016, 05:56 AM

222 factory with the bulletins. 222's everywhere...222's in the corner....behind forest...in your base...222...222...dream about 222's.
27 Feb 2016, 08:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 05:42 AMRollo
Price goes down to like 190mp and 13 fuel if you have the bullitins

cheaper than a bren carrier :snfPeter:

Yea what a relic fail, I mean bren carrier does cost more fuel!

Oh wait

Read the patchnotes carefully ? Maybe you will Spot the Part where they removed the fuel cost of bren Carrier. Maybe. :facepalm:
27 Feb 2016, 08:23 AM

Double 222 running roughshod. And so it has begun...
27 Feb 2016, 08:54 AM

The 222 definitely needed the health buff that it got. But I'm quite worried about the fact that the price was not adjusted at all. At only 15 fuel, the 222 is extremely cheap and I think this might lead to 222s being spammed too quickly for the allied players

Lol, I'm comin for yer mattress' mate!
I love this strategy! Too bad I play with bad players who dont know how to advance lol
27 Feb 2016, 11:28 AM

Please try this, I had fun.

Triple 222 cost reduction bulletin.

Osttruppen doctrine, spam + skipping T1.

Inifinite 222s.
27 Feb 2016, 16:41 PM

Yea what a relic fail, I mean bren carrier does cost more fuel!

Oh wait

Read the patchnotes carefully ? Maybe you will Spot the Part where they removed the fuel cost of bren Carrier. Maybe. :facepalm:

still cheaper MP wise, no 90muni sink to make it relevant either
27 Feb 2016, 20:28 PM

28 Feb 2016, 10:34 AM
Patrion 14

Wc51 20 fuel and 240 mp :sibHyena:
28 Feb 2016, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 10:34 AMLooney
Wc51 20 fuel and 240 mp :sibHyena:

Seeing relic balancing on the base of 222, WC51 will probably have something like 480hp next patch :sibHyena:
28 Feb 2016, 10:55 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 10:49 AMKatitof

Seeing relic balancing on the base of 222, WC51 will probably have something like 480hp next patch :sibHyena:

A man can dream :sibHyena: #believe
28 Feb 2016, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 21:03 PMKatitof
You're concerned about M20 vs 222?

Try Greyhound vs 222.

222 owned it with old stats and that is 15 vs 40 fu.

Apparently 2cm autocannon was vastly superior AT weapon then 37mm Stuart main cannon.

"Lightly quoting Relic from last stream:

"Just because few loud people don't like the playstyle, doesn't mean the playstyle should not be viable and supported by us, there is plenty of strats and counters to everything".

Something like that.

So, put a bucket for tears next to your PC and keep on playing or learn to counter shit."

-katitof-
28 Feb 2016, 14:02 PM

"Just because few loud people don't like the playstyle, doesn't mean the playstyle should not be viable and supported by us, there is plenty of strats and counters to everything".

Something like that.

So, put a bucket for tears next to your PC and keep on playing or learn to counter shit."

-katitof-

Cool, then lets give T34/76 800 hp and call it a day, becayse HP buff is the only thing that can be changed to the unit to make it better Keepo.
28 Feb 2016, 14:10 PM

Something like that.

-katitof-
This post makes no sense. That quote has nothing to do with what katitof said. He wasn't saying anything about a how a playstyle shouldn't be supported. His comment was about the the balance of different light vehicles.

It's not really relevant at all in this discussion.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★