Login

russian armor

FEBRUARY 25TH UPDATE - RELEASE NOTES

PAGES (13)down
25 Feb 2016, 14:48 PM

That's a REALLY disappointing patch. Still no changes to OKW, i'll still blob my volks to victory..

I watch 2-3 high ranking replays a day. I have not seen 1 with volks blob in the past 4 months. Can someone please point me to a valid replay where this is happening for real? Is there a serious consensus about this from the pro-ranking players or is this like the 8-minute KT meme that kinda died off on its own magically?
25 Feb 2016, 14:52 PM

I watch 2-3 high ranking replays a day. I have not seen 1 with volks blob in the past 4 months. Can someone please point me to a valid replay where this is happening for real? Is there a serious consensus about this from the pro-ranking players or is this like the 8-minute KT meme that kinda died off on its own magically?

For some even 2 volks with schreks will be blob when they loose their precious rushed sherman in head on brainless assault.
25 Feb 2016, 15:00 PM

Volks blob happens more often in team games. Like every team game. I don't think this exists much at all in 1s. If you watch high ranking arranged teams, you will see them to their greatest effect but I think this issue will not be addressed anytime soon.

8 minute KT was pushed back to like 12 minutes? It went from 260 fuel to 310 fuel. If the player really wants to get KT and skip any other vehicles or support in the game, they can but it'll be a lot more obvious.
25 Feb 2016, 15:03 PM

im playing team games and not 1vs1.
25 Feb 2016, 16:54 PM

The way to fix vehicle pathfinding is by adding a 'forward' button to match the 'backward' button.

Then we can control whether the vehicle moves forward or backward independently of where we click on the screen or the orders we give it.
25 Feb 2016, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 16:54 PMCulainn
The way to fix vehicle pathfinding is by adding a 'forward' button to match the 'backward' button.

Then we can control whether the vehicle moves forward or backward independently of where we click on the screen or the orders we give it.

It's not exactly a forward button but attack move will force it to go forward now along with other conditions based off of the patch notes.
25 Feb 2016, 21:57 PM

They adjusted the matchmaking:
-Matchmaking improvements have been made to help ensure match-ups between players of similar skill are made on a more regular and consistent basis. As a result of these changes, automatch wait times may slightly increase.

Also a few more additional bug changes too.

Good. I'd rather use my time doing some quality reading waiting rather than waste my time with a horrible ally going against top 100 players.
25 Feb 2016, 21:59 PM

im playing team games and not 1vs1.

How are you NOT seeing blobs then!?!?
25 Feb 2016, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 21:59 PMGhostTX

errr? im the guy that said that volks blobs are a program in team games
26 Feb 2016, 02:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 21:59 PMGhostTX

errr? im the guy that said that volks blobs are a program in team games

Even being on the same team as any blob commander, I disagree with this strategy.

We've lost a match because they all got wiped due to suppression and incendiary arty.

26 Feb 2016, 02:54 AM

I just realized that engies can't repair sandbags anymore? That sucks. :(
26 Feb 2016, 02:57 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 02:54 AMKothre

wouldnt you just hit the repair hotkey and still repair them...?
26 Feb 2016, 09:20 AM

wouldnt you just hit the repair hotkey and still repair them...?

Does that still work? I hope so...
nee
26 Feb 2016, 10:14 AM

What are "Historical Skins"? Does this include custom skins, not merely the MWNL skins?
26 Feb 2016, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 10:14 AMnee
What are "Historical Skins"? Does this include custom skins, not merely the MWNL skins?

I would hope it includes the non-historical skins recently chosen in the War Paint contest. Some of them are just ... yeesh.
26 Feb 2016, 13:24 PM

:snfPeter:
Hux
26 Feb 2016, 18:32 PM
Patrion 14

You now have to repair the tank/car/whatever vehicle to 100% BEFORE you attempt to steal it and use it for yourself.

and yet..

crits get healed at 75% health.

Not sure if serious or being retarded on purpose...

Do me a favour mate...
27 Feb 2016, 04:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 02:54 AMKothre

it's actually faster to build new sandbag than it is to repair them.
27 Feb 2016, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 18:32 PMHux

and yet..
Do me a favour mate...

Yeah, Ill see myself out.
Apologies, opened my mouth sooner than my brain could proces what I said
27 Feb 2016, 06:51 AM

Personally I think the games balance issues are less about hit points and damage than the effectiveness of Units and Abilities. Not to say Allies dont have advantages either, I just dont think they get many with basic units.

Axis have better units in T1 MG mortars and Grens who can upgrade to heavy weapons easily and quickly to counter practically any threat. Using a UC for flanking and MG countered by and Panzer faust from a Gren squad. They have a variety of heavy weapons in T1 that makes countering them especially in US and UK forces difficult.

Another example is Brit bombing run takes far too long to do anything nearly 20 seconds from flares to the actual drop. Meaning all the target units are far away from it. If on stationary targets especially OBW trucks doesnt heavily damage them to make an allied advantage. Even to players who saved up Munitions for them to turn a losing battle into a hope for survival. The abilities like that and the US majors arty or off map abilities become useless wasteful. Yet A Stuka strafe and and bombing almost happens immediately. So Axis players get lots of time to react to flares Allied player dont get as much time.

The Brit 25 pounders are supposed to be a useful asset yet they do little damage and spread is far too much. Its a waste of time and effort to get a flare to get the barrage in. Yet Stukas rockets are accurate and hit hard.
Likewise with US and Uk MGs take too long to set up and often die because they take so long to pick up on retreat.

Personally I think Relic need to stop making useless commanders and start the balance over. Start from scratch, back to drawing board.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 15
South Africa 4
Germany 823
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L