Login

russian armor

How many people left/paused playing

18 Feb 2016, 15:28 PM

I've decided to go back to Dow II which I am enjoying a lot now, CoH 2 just runs so poorely and the gameplay just feels slow, I still like it but it really doesn't feel like a dynamic game, many mechanics that are built from the ground up are flawed and would require a huge overhaul to fix, and DOW II is just more punishing about them.
18 Feb 2016, 15:31 PM

i uninstall the game 2 weeks ago and next patch is last chance for relic
I burned my money with buying this game
18 Feb 2016, 15:43 PM

Love how people say "they burned their money", yet have spent over 500+ hours playing this game. Pretty great value for entertainment...
18 Feb 2016, 16:07 PM
Donator 11

For more, I'm more bored of the whole building hopping meta that somehow took over in the last few months.

This has always existed since vCoH
18 Feb 2016, 16:14 PM

The game is in one of its better states. Sure, there are some annoying issues and OP units, but as someone who scored and used an Alpha Test Key for the base game, CoH2 has come so far that it is hardly recognizable. It's like the stock market, there are downs here and there, but the long-term overall trend is upward.
18 Feb 2016, 16:17 PM

Any psychology majors here?

I'm curious why people feel compelled to let everyone know when they've left the game / uninstalled / took a break and look for other's people approval of their actions.
18 Feb 2016, 16:18 PM

I'm waiting for Cossacks III. Then Im going to pasue CoH2 for a long long time.
18 Feb 2016, 16:32 PM

I'm curious why people feel compelled to let everyone know when they've left the game / uninstalled / took a break and look for other's people approval of their actions.

quitting a game is the most drastic way to express that you are not happy with the current status of the game. highest step-up of "ranting" is maybe a better word for it. hard for me to express it in english, but im not a psychology major so i can be wrong
18 Feb 2016, 16:33 PM

How about not to abuse things and try to play a cool/normal strategy?
That way you will have double the fun when you win.
Because in my pov, thats more fun then abusing things and winning.

Sure I do that sometimes. Until the part where you lose -5 streak in a row.

I once tried not using CalliOP as USA, instead using M10 vs a rank 600 team. And shreck volks/PG blob completely wiped me out because USA is fucking crippled by design.

i admire persons like you, i only have fun when winning (or a good equal game ofc), really.

except im stoned af thought

Winning + using different playstyle is x2 the fun. Except that doesn't happen in this game.
18 Feb 2016, 16:38 PM

I've mostly stopped playing everything except for when people spam me with invites for a match or two. But those have been fewer and far between since the Brits.

I haven't put much effort into 1v1s since Opposing Fronts 2 (WFA). Nazi Brit gameplay was bad enough.

Actual Brits were the nail in the coffin. Nowadays I'm left with the choice as losing as Allies, but not having to play against brits, or winning as Axis, but having to play against Brits and hating every minute of it. The result? I play another game, or at best watch someone stream.

Every now and then I can get a good team match of Soviets V Ostheer, but that's far too rare to be expected.

It's a response to and an evaluation of a company's product. I don't think you need a psych major to understand that.
18 Feb 2016, 16:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Any psychology majors here?....

There have been a few over the years, I think. I probably got some or most of this wrong, but I think you might include Aimstrong, Eupolemos, MagpiesFlightX, Pingtoft and Yukiko.

I am only a cod psychologist, but I would suggest they are seeking support for their decision, whilst railing against the Devs, who they perceive caused them the pain of divorce.
18 Feb 2016, 17:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge

There have been a few over the years, I think. I probably got some or most of this wrong, but I think you might include Aimstrong, Eupolemos, MagpiesFlightX, Pingtoft and Yukiko.

O: The High School dropout got counted as a Psychology Major!

On topic. I haven't taken breaks from CoH2, but there are up and downs in how much I play. Which may correlate, or not, with perceived balance. Or more likely: I suck at this game. :D
18 Feb 2016, 17:12 PM

Love how people say "they burned their money", yet have spent over 500+ hours playing this game. Pretty great value for entertainment...

Now that, is utterly different

Buying a game for 1 dollar, then have fun for 500+ hours, sure. great value.
Buying a game for 1 dollar, then the dev decides to ruin it and force you to pay to win after 100 hours, umm...
18 Feb 2016, 18:18 PM

People are exaggerating this. Yes there is cheese builds and there will always be. You can't have fun and perfect balance at all times, that is not to say that things shouldn't be improved upon but, making irrational demands that developers be perfectly omniscient of everything is also ridiculous.

Things were far more ridiculous with the OKW patch.
18 Feb 2016, 18:24 PM

Almost stop playing after some patch totally ruined even before bad optimization. Still can run game on low settings but it's not really fun.

At the moment returned to DoW2. Thx to Elite mod it's still pretty alive
18 Feb 2016, 18:40 PM

Permanently Banned
From 2014 year i wait optimization path, now its 2016 year, optimization are worse that it was in 2014 after WFA come. I buy more RAM, its dont help. Relic just ignore all thread about optimization and optimization problem.
Relic are so slow, so slow. I really dont feel that thay work. Maybe i dont know a lot of there work but i dont see changes. Fix somthing fast its not about Relic.
I am disappointed in them and there work and in the game.
Just some question is it was so hard fix calliOP and PW more faster ? Or it was not a lot feedback from community ?
18 Feb 2016, 19:03 PM

I play Axis 24/7.

Do you see me crying out there about CalliOP/ 1919 blobs/ and Arty Cover spam?
18 Feb 2016, 19:16 PM

Permanently Banned
I play Axis 24/7.

Do you see me crying out there about CalliOP/ 1919 blobs/ and Arty Cover spam?

What i can say, Furer can be proud about You :megusta:.
18 Feb 2016, 19:38 PM

Too many indirect fire units imo
18 Feb 2016, 20:14 PM

I left during the bad tiger ace months and for a while more recently when Relic made it quite clear they were not going to prioritise fixing volkblobs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★