Login

russian armor

USF building clearing

16 Feb 2016, 08:18 AM

I find that building clearing is pretty hard as USF these days, and seeing as garrisoning buildings is the meta, I think they should have better clearing tools at their disposal; all flamers require a specific commander, nades are expensive and can be dodged faily easy, and the pack howitzer arrives rather late to the party. I think that in light of the adding of the incendiary nade to OKW, I feel that USF rear echelons should have a white phosphor nade, that works the same as molotovs incendiaries, but doesn't kill the models just eats their health, so if you stay in the cloud or building the units health will deteriorate. This first off make the rears a more valued unit, second make building clearing easier for the USF and not really ruin the overall balance seeing as the nade is not on the primary fighting units.
16 Feb 2016, 08:34 AM

If unlocked by the current Nade upgrade I would say yes.
16 Feb 2016, 08:34 AM
Patrion 14

Great idea, that would be a nice solution, might give RE's some more utility as well.
The wind up time would have to be as slow as the regular rifle nades though, else it would be too easy to win engagements.
16 Feb 2016, 08:46 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Damn garrisoning buildings so meta :D

Well it's glorious WFA and UKF faction design where basic tools like anti garrison are outsourced to commanders.

I dislike the idea of Volks throwing flaming grenades left and right like it was a completely common thing back then so I'd rather wouldn't like to see the same for USF. Too bad they won't touch factions after release in that matter.
16 Feb 2016, 09:15 AM

I don't think this would be necessary seeing as it will never be as powerful as the incendiary nade. I'd rather have it locked by either teching or not at all.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 08:34 AMLooney
Great idea, that would be a nice solution, might give RE's some more utility as well.
The wind up time would have to be as slow as the regular rifle nades though, else it would be too easy to win engagements.

This is of course a granted, I don't think it should be as strong as the incendiary nade, but it should reliably clear garrisons and deny them.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 08:46 AMluvnest
Damn garrisoning buildings so meta :D

Well it's glorious WFA and UKF faction design where basic tools like anti garrison are outsourced to commanders.

I dislike the idea of Volks throwing flaming grenades left and right like it was a completely common thing back then so I'd rather wouldn't like to see the same for USF. Too bad they won't touch factions after release in that matter.

Nothing would please me more than to see the mortar squad added to USF, but let's face it - it probably won't happen, therefore I thought this might be an okay compromise :foreveralone:
16 Feb 2016, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 09:15 AMLeChimp

I don't think this would be necessary seeing as it will never be as powerful as the incendiary nade. I'd rather have it locked by either teching or not at all.

This is of course a granted, I don't think it should be as strong as the incendiary nade, but it should reliably clear garrisons and deny them.

Nothing would please me more than to see the mortar squad added to USF, but let's face it - it probably won't happen, therefore I thought this might be an okay compromise :foreveralone:

not sure if there wont be a mortar ever, but you can be 100% sure it will be tied to a commander lol.
16 Feb 2016, 11:46 AM

not sure if there wont be a mortar ever, but you can be 100% sure it will be tied to a commander lol.

Yeah, a commander that goes something like this:

Basics company

- 0cp Assualt engineers 280mp
- 0cp 60mm Mortar squad 240mp
- 0cp Wc/51 Truck 240mp 20fu
- 0cp Riflemen Field defences
- 0cp .30 cal MG Squad 240mp

xD
16 Feb 2016, 11:55 AM

now for only £8.99
16 Feb 2016, 13:01 PM
Donator 11

Why dont they just give everyone's engineer unit a flamethrower is beyond me.
"lets make it so they have to go this commander if they want a solid anti garrison and are rly ez to counter pick" - Relic Balance Team

Hell I would take flame sturmpios if it meant UKF and USF had ACTUAL anti building units rather than me having to drop 25 fuel or 15 fuel for something that will only make a gren squad pop out of a building for ....2 secodns.

pls fix, building meta
16 Feb 2016, 14:11 PM
Donator 22

beside the problem with the building clearing(I agree). Do you guys think that the throwing animation for the usf nade is a little bit too long?
16 Feb 2016, 14:28 PM

Personally, I think they should give RE's their grenade launcher as a psuedo-mortar upgrade that just outranges MG42s and gains smoke with the grenade unlock. Willy Pete 'nades works too though.
16 Feb 2016, 20:58 PM
Patrion 14

beside the problem with the building clearing(I agree). Do you guys think that the throwing animation for the usf nade is a little bit too long?

Yes, same with the AT nade animation.
16 Feb 2016, 21:44 PM

No, MG42 spam comes at T0 if they have to wait for a fuel walled nade unlock like they do now the normal grenades will already be available.

Lock it behind a Tier unlock like the OKW or a global cool down at the start of the game. T0 start unit shouldn't dictate how Americans need to change build order/tech order. They are already far to linear as it is and they need to spend MP, fuel for the unlock and then munitions for the nades that are ok but not going to clear a building.
16 Feb 2016, 23:08 PM

Honestly fighting pits, smoke, and overwhelming infantry firepower is how the USF is supposed to deal with garrisons.

-buff fighting pit nade ROF, or damage.

-make the .50 cal do extra damage (15-20%) against garrisons. Why? Higher penetration Kappa

17 Feb 2016, 01:12 AM

I assume we are talking about Infantry in buildings. If we're being technical not even mortars counter units in buildings. Since if you are fast enough you can pop out, dodge the mortar shot, and pop back in.

Only way is a constant burning, mine placed at the entrance or....shoot the hell out of the building. Two of those are locked behind commanders for USF, so you know. The burning on the halftrack is kind of good, shame it takes so long to shoot and costs 40 fuel.

Theoretically if you are in a giant firefight and a building is occupied making the fight harder you could always smoke nade the building. Force the unit to sit in it and do nothing in the fight or get out.
17 Feb 2016, 01:16 AM

So much optimism, makes me want to feel like Relic will actually fix this game.
17 Feb 2016, 01:47 AM

I say they add an exit time to every squad that enters buildings. The more units in the squad the longer the exit time. It only makes sense to get each guy out the door, it should take some time.

There, building meta fixed

Not only is the current meta of buildings extremely annoying, it look stupid as hell in this "realistic" WWII RTS experience.
17 Feb 2016, 03:38 AM

I say they add an exit time to every squad that enters buildings. The more units in the squad the longer the exit time. It only makes sense to get each guy out the door, it should take some time.

There, building meta fixed

Not only is the current meta of buildings extremely annoying, it look stupid as hell in this "realistic" WWII RTS experience.

I really do advocate something like this.
17 Feb 2016, 03:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I really do advocate something like this.

I honestly kinda wish they went with the MoW path of just making buildings an extension of the terrain rather than magical separate realms where suppression doesn't exist. Garrisoned structures always felt a bit inconsistent to the game's feel to me.
17 Feb 2016, 07:45 AM
Patrion 28

t1 mortar, incendiary grenade causes issues with setup teams.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS