Calliope and Teching

Calliope to the Major Tech Tier
Option Distribution Votes
54%
46%
Total votes: 68
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Feb 2016, 15:39 PM

Should the Calliope be placed in the Major tech branch (and of course buildable instead of call in) ?
12 Feb 2016, 15:41 PM

Why?

It doesn't replace stock, weaker calliope like you know, ez8 and T34/85 do.
12 Feb 2016, 15:41 PM

Yup, it should be in teching.
12 Feb 2016, 15:42 PM

I don't think it should replace anything in the Major Tech Tier. Wait, does it actually replace something? I doubt that the Calli is a better Scott.
12 Feb 2016, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 15:41 PMKatitof
Why?

It doesn't replace stock, weaker calliope like you know, ez8 and T34/85 do.

First, it would put it in line with most factions where rocket artillery is tier locked.

Second, it would avoid USF just rushing to it while Ostheer and OKW are still using infantry and waiting for tanks.

Third, (and this one is the least important) it paralells with stock, being a sherman variant, though the m10 and the bulldozer might get away with it unless they get a unexpected buff to their original aim (AT and AI/AB respectively)
12 Feb 2016, 15:48 PM

The call-in system is very confusing. I wish they would just streamline it some more. Can't have no-tech EZ-8s call in spam but STUG-E into Tiger is still alright for some reason. I wish they would just place all call-in tanks in the tech-tree.
12 Feb 2016, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 15:47 PMFrancis

First, it would put it in line with most factions where rocket artillery is tier locked.

Most factions rocket artilery is not doctrine locked already.

Second, it would avoid USF just rushing to it while Ostheer and OKW are still using infantry and waiting for tanks.

USF rushing what?
You can have sherman well before you can call-in calli.
If anything, calli would arrive about 5 minutes FASTER and by the time the first comes out now, there would be 2 now.

Third, (and this one is the least important) it paralells with stock, being a sherman variant, though the m10 and the bulldozer might get away with it unless they get a unexpected buff to their original aim (AT and AI/AB respectively)

Puma, MHT, 250, StuG-E, M5, M3, suxton, priest.
Explain them then.

It doesn't parallels with anything, its completely different unit with completely different role then anything USF have in any of their tiers. EZ8 and 34/85 are the only units that match your 3rd point and that is why they are tech locked. And by the way, tech lock made them both arrive faster.
12 Feb 2016, 16:10 PM

Faster compared to what? :)
12 Feb 2016, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 15:47 PMFrancis

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 16:08 PMKatitof

Most factions rocket artilery is not doctrine locked already.

USF rushing what?
You can have sherman well before you can call-in calli.
If anything, calli would arrive about 5 minutes FASTER and by the time the first comes out now, there would be 2 now.

Puma, MHT, 250, StuG-E, M5, M3, suxton, priest.
Explain them then.

It doesn't parallels with anything, its completely different unit with completely different role then anything USF have in any of their tiers. EZ8 and 34/85 are the only units that match your 3rd point and that is why they are tech locked. And by the way, tech lock made them both arrive faster.

Got Owned!

How about we put JT, KT, command panther, and whatever else call ins into tech tree as well?
Maybe do it for infantry as well? Jaeger, fallschim, ranger, airborne, ass grens, whatever else i missed.
12 Feb 2016, 16:15 PM

The call-in system is very confusing. I wish they would just streamline it some more. Can't have no-tech EZ-8s call in spam but STUG-E into Tiger is still alright for some reason. I wish they would just place all call-in tanks in the tech-tree.

Just don't touch my poor, 8CP KV1 :megusta:
12 Feb 2016, 16:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Bad idea. We would have faster CalliOPs
12 Feb 2016, 17:07 PM

SHOULD TIGER BE ATTACHED TO GERMAN TIER 4, AND ELEFANT
12 Feb 2016, 17:17 PM

IDK, I kind of like scrub USF players who don't bother with Major and only build Calliopes. So much fun when you overrun them with Medium tanks :P

I do agree with Aerohank though that they should really streamline vehicle call-ins. I'm still kind of shocked that Lend-Lease kept their Sherman call-in. Though I can kind of get why relic didn't - deciding which building to move them to can potentially drastically affect unit timing. For example Puma in OST Tier 2 is a lot different then 5 CP Puma.
12 Feb 2016, 18:17 PM

SHOULD TIGER BE ATTACHED TO GERMAN TIER 4, AND ELEFANT

Sure, but please add every allied call in as well. heavies are still limited to 1
lefh 18, ml 20, b4 are buildable. usf can build priests and calliopes. everything! make commanders usesless :)
12 Feb 2016, 20:33 PM

1000+
12 Feb 2016, 21:00 PM
Patrion 14

literally doesn't matter, it'll just arrive faster lol. You can easily go Major and you probadly have more then 145 fuel by the time your CP's hit 10.

Edit: You know what would be nice, a command p4 requiring t3 to build.
12 Feb 2016, 21:39 PM

+1 to that. There is zero consistency with tech requirements vs call-ins. It really seems as though relic started to experiment with tech requirements using the E8 and T34/85 then dropped the project and never reverted the changes.
12 Feb 2016, 21:45 PM

This is actually a pretty good idea.
+1.
12 Feb 2016, 21:51 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I say no. If you wait it out for Calliope first without going major you will be at a major disadvantage to any armor coming out on the field. If it is tied to the Major it will probably come out even sooner now that CP doesn't matter, and then followed up by an easy Jackson.
12 Feb 2016, 23:50 PM
Donator 11

Adding commander units to tiers is a bad idea, they should just tie them to the tiers and buildings but still be callins.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★