Login

russian armor

Smoke barrage for the leIG; what does the community?

Would it be a good addition?
Option Distribution Votes
86%
14%
Total votes: 56
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
11 Feb 2016, 16:51 PM

This is a much needed ability in my opinion, and other players as well. And it would also make this rather useless (debatable though, but let's leave it at that) unit (long reload and inaccurate with bad AOE) much more viable, and HMGs would be much less game changing than they currently are.

The thread title is incompelete sorry; Smoke barrage for the leIG; what does the community want?
11 Feb 2016, 16:58 PM

I disagree that the leIG under performs; that being said, I voted 'yes' because I think every faction should have access to (mortar/long-range) smoke.
On a somewhat related note, US 50cal. needs a survivability buff.
11 Feb 2016, 17:00 PM

I agree with buffing the .50, seems like it has a 1.5 received accuracy instead of 1.25, practically speaking. It is that fragile.

11 Feb 2016, 18:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Add smoke vet0 and recover AT/Piercing/i can't remember the name shells for vet1. It shouldn't be a barrage type rather than a change of ammunition like ISU.

Then we can remove the overperforming vet1 +15 passive extra range on auto attack. This is what makes EZ mode to clear any UKF emplacement. If this was moved to higher vet levels, i wouldn't mind, but i'll say it's one of the strongest vet1 stat buffs in the game.
11 Feb 2016, 21:33 PM

That sounds good, elchino.

Or alternatively it could receive the range buff at higher vets (like 4 or 5)
11 Feb 2016, 22:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Add smoke vet0 and recover AT/Piercing/i can't remember the name shells for vet1. It shouldn't be a barrage type rather than a change of ammunition like ISU.

Then we can remove the overperforming vet1 +15 passive extra range on auto attack. This is what makes EZ mode to clear any UKF emplacement. If this was moved to higher vet levels, i wouldn't mind, but i'll say it's one of the strongest vet1 stat buffs in the game.

I can dig that in every way.
11 Feb 2016, 22:24 PM

Give stormpioneers smoke so okw can actually do something against maximspam early on. Having to wait till LeiG to counter maxims leaves you with very few options.
11 Feb 2016, 23:46 PM

Give stormpioneers smoke so okw can actually do something against maximspam early on. Having to wait till LeiG to counter maxims leaves you with very few options.

Unfortunately i believe USF has a bigger issue facing T0 MG42. At least the OKW get there flame nades free with tech instead of delaying tech to get. Yes yes we all know they have smoke and flank but that comes well after the second MG42 is in place.

Sturmpios are already pretty effective at clearing buildings if not charging straight at the narrow maxim arc.
12 Feb 2016, 00:06 AM
Patrion 310

With the way true sight works, it's bad game design that every faction doesn't have access to mobile smoking options like soviet/Werh. Similar brits/USF should either get a mobile mortar or plane with smoke barrage.
12 Feb 2016, 02:27 AM

With the way true sight works, it's bad game design that every doesn't have access to mobile smoking options like soviet/Werh. Similar brits/USF should either get a mobile mortar or plane with smoke barrage.

I agree with you, but USF is a bit different because Riflemen and Shermans have smoke.
12 Feb 2016, 05:46 AM

Did the LeIG come issued with smoke rounds? Isn't it more of a field gun rather than a mortar?
12 Feb 2016, 06:16 AM
Patrion 28

yes because more smoke is good for the game.
12 Feb 2016, 12:32 PM

+1

The insane range at vet1 is a significant part of the reason why the Mortar emplacement stands no chance vs LEIGs:
- High scatter makes it impossible for the Mortar Pit to home in on LEIGs
- Leigs have no issue hitting back due to mortar pit size
- The range allows LEIGs to stay near a battlegroup HQ, where they can reinforce with no downtime
- The proximity to the base structure also makes it difficult for the OKW player to be punished for overextending

Another, also significant, reason is that the Mortar Pit has no useful barrage ability.
- Yes, I know that a barrage ability exists
- Did you know that the barrage ability actually REDUCES the damage potential of the mortar pit?
https://www.coh2.org/topic/47514/ukf-mortar-emplacement-barrage-bug-mortar-inconsistency

(Before you flame me, I'm not defending keeping emplacement play into the game, I'm just trying to explain why a certain matchup doesn't work)
12 Feb 2016, 14:42 PM

I would like that but first you have to nerf it a little bit. The LEIG is way to good.
12 Feb 2016, 14:45 PM

Smoke will be great vs maxims +1
12 Feb 2016, 14:47 PM

Hello.

Voted yes, I love the smoke mechanic.
I miss it sometimes as OKW.

Kozo.
12 Feb 2016, 18:33 PM

Give stormpioneers smoke so okw can actually do something against maximspam early on.
That would be a bit OP, specially when upgraded with flamers.

19 Jun 2016, 15:08 PM

BUMP. Let's hope the 21s patch includes this change.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
Korea, Republic Of 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment