Login

russian armor

Maxim crew wtf.

7 Jul 2013, 18:49 PM

I doubt that it works, but you are right, I should really experiment with the sniper again now that he gets more vet.
7 Jul 2013, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2013, 11:12 AMHissy
I'm personally shocked you can't put a Maxim in a Clown car and let it shoot..

:lolol:

Just imagine that picture :bananadance:
8 Jul 2013, 00:40 AM

Permanently Banned
Dead maxim= retarded Sov.

Crells, be serious, man.
8 Jul 2013, 00:58 AM

Nullist the Sniper stun is 5 secounds long, 1 man dies from the stun gren fire a rifle nade at the same time to kill 1 or 2 more, which leaves 3 or 4 more. an additonal sniper shot before the stun wears off. 3 left at most with both a sniper and 4 grens shooting.

I am serious and had it happen to me, though i was in cover which had my crew huddled closer to together and 3 fell to the nade.

8 Jul 2013, 01:06 AM

Permanently Banned
8 Jul 2013, 02:38 AM

Sniper vet abilities and Mortar Halftracks are not viable counters. They arrive too late, and a decent player will use that delay to take control of the game.

The mortar HT is a very decent unit, but it has to be used dynamically (hit and run). It can be inaccurate, but it can shoot and get out real fast. Contrary to popular belief, it does the same amount of damage as a regular mortar.

Sniper vet is ridiculous: its not powerful enough, and you might not get it early enough.
8 Jul 2013, 14:22 PM

Also, its hilarious how fast the maxim squad moves around...

Played my first 2v2 against maxim spammers yesterday, it was worse than playing against dual brit spamming stags in COH 1.
10 Jul 2013, 02:32 AM

For the love of the video game Goddess plzzzzzzz do something about the maxims in buildings at least. I just lost 1200 manpower and spent 310 munitions( 3 pio flamers 3 bundled nades) without luck trying to get a maxim out of a building. And I only killed 3 members. That thing at the very least needs to be balanced while garrisoned. Right now unless you have a inc mortar, or a tank it is a WTF I win button. ......................
10 Jul 2013, 18:54 PM

They are doing something about it alright. 4 man mgs for Germans, lol...god. Like Axis needs anything. I've played my fair share of axis and soviets and it's much easier in 2on2 to play axis than soviets. I think 4 mg and 4 man mortars is going to break this game.
10 Jul 2013, 20:27 PM

Whoever said sniper counters maxims apparently hasn't played someone using mortars or ZiS barrage to support their maxims once they take 70% of the map.
10 Jul 2013, 20:41 PM

this game gonna be all about support units because infantry won't be needed anymore
10 Jul 2013, 21:11 PM

increase gren and conscripts squads then :D
10 Jul 2013, 22:33 PM

100 man conscript and 80 men gren squads sounds fun.
10 Jul 2013, 22:40 PM

Stalingrad: Total War?
10 Jul 2013, 22:41 PM

Maxim has terrible suppression, you can basically run right up to a maxim before getting suppressed. It also has a terrible cone of fire, anyone bitching about the maxim is terrible at this game. Countering one is easy as dirt.

But congrats your whines worked, it has been made useless in the next patch taking its damage down to nothing and increasing the already OP Mg42 by adding a 4th squad member. What is the maxim now? A poor mans mg42 with half its stats and no real benefits. Just like the German players wanted. Oh and lets not forget that the german mortar got an increase in speed to 2.4 secs, while the soviet mortar got nerfed into oblivion by slowing it to 3.4 secs. The thing cant hit shit as it is already.

Grats on breaking the game, no clue why every COH the players insist on germans being better at EVERTHING or they cry like little girls
10 Jul 2013, 22:43 PM

Can everyone please tone down the rhetoric? It's not helpful describing the game as "broken" or waxing endlessly about how one team utterly dominates the other in every way (clearly untrue).
10 Jul 2013, 22:55 PM

Can everyone please tone down the rhetoric? It's not helpful describing the game as "broken" or waxing endlessly about how one team utterly dominates the other in every way (clearly untrue).

Really untrue hu?

Did you watch ANY of the tournament plays?
10 Jul 2013, 23:06 PM

You guys really just won't be happy until every decent soviet unit has been made useless. The maxim never needed a nerf for the following reasons:

The maxim has terrible suppression
The maxim has a terrible cone of fire
The mg42 has instant suppression
The mg42 has a huge cone of fire
The mg42 can be made right off the bat and can completely lock down resources in combination with mg bunkers, within the first 2 mins of the game.

Now after the patch, due to ridiculous amounts of complaining because germans were not slaughtering everything with no effort like is expected by the german playerbase, the maxim has had a major reduction in dps, and its one actual plus, the ability to pack and unpack, was nerfed.

So it is now basically a poor mans mg42 with no real benefit. In conjunction with the fact that soviet mortars were also made inferior to the german mortar, effectivly making us have no viable counter to german mg and mg bunker resource lockdown/spam early game.

Whats next on the chopping block? The Su-85 like so many people are complaining about? Yes, why not remove our only tank killing unit? Might as well, its only natural seeing as the apparent goal here is to decapitate the russian faction.
10 Jul 2013, 23:13 PM

Maxim has terrible suppression, you can basically run right up to a maxim before getting suppressed. It also has a terrible cone of fire, anyone bitching about the maxim is terrible at this game. Countering one is easy as dirt.

But congrats your whines worked, it has been made useless in the next patch taking its damage down to nothing and increasing the already OP Mg42 by adding a 4th squad member. What is the maxim now? A poor mans mg42 with half its stats and no real benefits. Just like the German players wanted. Oh and lets not forget that the german mortar got an increase in speed to 2.4 secs, while the soviet mortar got nerfed into oblivion by slowing it to 3.4 secs. The thing cant hit shit as it is already.

Grats on breaking the game, no clue why every COH the players insist on germans being better at EVERTHING or they cry like little girls

Do you even really play the game. HAve you ever seen the videos of the wtf maxims. No suppression..? Really? why dont you try that yourself. You will be suppressed and also killed, quickly may I add.

People were not as much complaining about 2 of the aspects they nerfed but the fact it is insuppressible, and due to crew size hard to counter with mortars,snipers, whilst being near invincible vs infantry when in a building. I don't think anyone saw the mg42 getting a 4th squad member or a straight up damage nerf for the maxim.

How is mg42 op and maxim not? The only thing mg42 did better was suppress and had a wider firing arc, which was insignificant when it has a long set up time compared to the Maxim. Maxim had quick set up time, crew size, damage output,range nearly of a sniper, speed, and still suppressed infantry, but only also killing them.
10 Jul 2013, 23:30 PM

You guys really just won't be happy until every decent soviet unit has been made useless. The maxim never needed a nerf for the following reasons:

The maxim has terrible suppression
The maxim has a terrible cone of fire
The mg42 has instant suppression
The mg42 has a huge cone of fire
The mg42 can be made right off the bat and can completely lock down resources in combination with mg bunkers, within the first 2 mins of the game.

Now after the patch, due to ridiculous amounts of complaining because germans were not slaughtering everything with no effort like is expected by the german playerbase, the maxim has had a major reduction in dps, and its one actual plus, the ability to pack and unpack, was nerfed.

So it is now basically a poor mans mg42 with no real benefit. In conjunction with the fact that soviet mortars were also made inferior to the german mortar, effectivly making us have no viable counter to german mg and mg bunker resource lockdown/spam early game.

Whats next on the chopping block? The Su-85 like so many people are complaining about? Yes, why not remove our only tank killing unit? Might as well, its only natural seeing as the apparent goal here is to decapitate the russian faction.

Yes, we do tend to complain quite a bit. Somethings are not as valid as others, but I feel these changes are. In history, the MG-42 is vastly superior to the maxim machine gun in almost, if not every way. Yes, that would break balancing, but that wasn't the reason why we were complaining about the maxim.

People were using the maxim as a combat infantry unit. With the 1 second setup and pickup times, you could quite easily face any threat trying to flank you. One of the major points of Company of Heroes is to outmaneuver the enemy. If the maxim can prevent any flanking attempt, that in essence breaks COH's ideology of the game. With it's damage previously, it could run into an MG-42 firing at it, setup, and kill the MG-42 with some extra men to spare.

To say you have no viable counter to german mg, and mg bunker resource lockdown/spam suggests you have not fully explored resources available to the soviets. The much despised clown car and flame engineers can quickly destroy any MG team, even in buildings. The MG-bunker requires both manpower and munitions, as well has a smaller firing arc. You can flank it as it has no method of changing direction or moving. (If you're talking about pripyat, it's more about the level than the balance)

For me personally, it's not about the tactics that people play, but the fact that some things destroy the very idea of COH, like maneuvering.

P.S. Saying the MG can be made off the bat is like saying the clown car, or maxim can be made of the bat. It still requires a building to produce. It's just that almost every Ostheer player builds the building first, as the soviets have the option to delay the first building for quick map superiority.

P.P.S I also dislike how you copied and pasted your post into several different threads, word for word. That is a personal opinion.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment