Login

russian armor

Maxim crew wtf.

11 Jul 2013, 02:04 AM

I am actually serious, you are actually a troll who thinks that the whole game should be decided by what's on paper instead of on the field. Even then, discussing this is useless because you are just going to try to spin things on paper your way instead of looking at the overall picture. I do not think there is anyone on this site who thinks that you're even remotely informed. And, like I said, almost everyone on this site has a pretty good experience of VCoH. After only starting since Jan 2012, I am one of the newer players here tbh.

Name all of the times you have been able to kill a maxim crew from a decent player who knows how and when to retreat without using FHT or any tanks.

I can name plenty of occasions where I've been able to kill MG42s with scripts, not even maxims.
11 Jul 2013, 02:11 AM

@Hubewa - the posts are getting funnier and funnier though : )
11 Jul 2013, 02:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 02:11 AMBlovski
@Hubewa - the posts are getting funnier and funnier though : )

Agreed
11 Jul 2013, 02:20 AM

@mjsegaline You can't be serious here, so either you're trolling hardcore, or you've haven't played CoH2 long enough to understand basic unit functionality.

You've already admitted that the maxim wins in a one on one fight against an MG42, and have stated it's design is based on killing infantry rather than suppressing. So how in gods name do you think that a unit who costs the equivalent to a conscript squad but is also better equipped, is not grossly dominant in the early game, when it can out-gun every single T1 unit from the Ostheer hands down?

This isn't even a contest, seeing as how the maxim's crew of 6 can easily survive all encounters after a swift call to retreat, when the same can't even be remotely said for Ostheer teams.

Also don't even get me started on vehicles, since the field gun can be constructed from the same building as the maxim, and again the high crew count ensures the survival of the crew.
11 Jul 2013, 02:24 AM

Thats what you guys dont get, the maxim SHOULD win in a fire fight between the two because it is an aggressive unit made for killing.

I will tell you something the mg42 can do that the maxim cant even come close to doing. Sit in a building or choke point and lock down an entire area from any infantry no matter how many by instantly suppressing everything in a massive radious

You joking right, You know it is nearly impossible to get a maxim out of a building right now. Without massive resources or armor? Do you even have a copy of this game I am starting to wonder....
11 Jul 2013, 11:54 AM

@mjsegaline You can't be serious here, so either you're trolling hardcore, or you've haven't played CoH2 long enough to understand basic unit functionality.

You've already admitted that the maxim wins in a one on one fight against an MG42, and have stated it's design is based on killing infantry rather than suppressing. So how in gods name do you think that a unit who costs the equivalent to a conscript squad but is also better equipped, is not grossly dominant in the early game, when it can out-gun every single T1 unit from the Ostheer hands down?

This isn't even a contest, seeing as how the maxim's crew of 6 can easily survive all encounters after a swift call to retreat, when the same can't even be remotely said for Ostheer teams.

Also don't even get me started on vehicles, since the field gun can be constructed from the same building as the maxim, and again the high crew count ensures the survival of the crew.

Because a conscript unit is far more mobile and is not as succeptable to vehicles and flanking. As I said, you can run right up to a maxim and flank it with little effort and with a bit of micro force a retreat or kill him outright, cant really do that to a conscript squad. The maxim is great when you can sit it back behind a conscript squad and supply support fire. On its own its easy to be flanked and torn up by scout cars and half tracks. If you guys are really struggling with this concept you are very bad at this game

P.S anyone who is saying I have no experience in this game and am not informed I would be happy to 1v1, steam name mjsegaline. Just remember I will post here ever person I utterly rape, and I wont even use a maxim.

And before anyone trys to say the maxim has an instant pack up time and cant be flanked again, THE MAXIM HAS ALWAYS HAD A LITTLE OVER A SECOND PACKUP TIME. That is more then enough time to get behind the maxim at close range and keep flip flopping everytime he tries to pack up until he is dead or retreats.
11 Jul 2013, 11:57 AM

You joking right, You know it is nearly impossible to get a maxim out of a building right now. Without massive resources or armor? Do you even have a copy of this game I am starting to wonder....

Flamenwurfer, mortars, snipers, grenades. None of these things dislodge them eh? Fool
11 Jul 2013, 12:04 PM

Flamenwurfer, mortars, snipers, grenades. None of these things dislodge them eh? Fool

Actually, all of these save for the flammenwehrfer do an appalingly bad job at destroying the maxim in a building. The mortar will destroy the building itself well before killing the maxim (which is fine, in the cases where doing so will not take 10 hits (an exaggeration to make a point)). Grenades simply dont work very well due to the RNG of grenades, the spread of targets inside the buildings and size of the weapons teams. Same goes for the sniper really. Leaving the sniper firing all those shots needed for the large weapon team makes him way too vulnerable (being one man and all).

The maxim does pose some issues. Mostly I have managed to deal with it using mortars on weaker buildings to make them collapse, or the flammen. When those two fail, or early game if maxims are spammed to exess before I establish map control and utilize the counters without loosing the entire map, the maxim is an issue.
11 Jul 2013, 13:02 PM

Mjsegaline

Now a confirmed Soviet-only Maxim spammer.

No wonder he/she was so unhappy about the maxim nerf.

A) How soon after will you get the flamenwerfer
b) Mortars don't have the accuracy to take maxims out of a house
c) Snipers have a 50% chance of miss if firing on a building. I'm sure someone would notice if a sniper was taking them out
d) Okay... if you can get close without nearly losing a squad, good luck

BTW I play an equal amount of sovs as Osts and I tend to go for a cons/ATG/T-34 strat with 50%-50% success
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 57
Germany 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment