Login

russian armor

6-Men crew for SU support units doesn't make sense.

11 Feb 2016, 22:45 PM

I need to go make my own thread "Why doesn't MG42 have the same firing cone as Maxim? It doesn't make sense."

And yes, you seem to be a raging Axis fanboi. 21 posts, brand new account and 2 threads on identical topics. Someone else going to chime in here?
11 Feb 2016, 22:50 PM

At least hide your playercard, as it proves your bias and explain your extremely rageful manner.

Anyways, you are derailing the thread. I will ignore you from now on.

At least katitof has a decent acknowledge of the game and stats, and he expresses his biased views in a scientific manner.
11 Feb 2016, 22:57 PM

At least hide your playercard, as it proves your bias and explain your extremely rageful manner.

Anyways, you are derailing the thread. I will ignore you from now on.

At least katitof has a decent acknowledge of the game and stats, and he expresses his biased views in a scientific manner.

Lol sure thing. Apparently you didn't look at my 70%+ win rates on OKW and OST. People generally don't care about 4v4 rankings but I'm 27 on OKW. Need I say more? You obviously don't do your research and just want to rant when you can't win.
11 Feb 2016, 23:07 PM

Lol sure thing. Apparently you didn't look at my 70%+ win rates on OKW and OST. People generally don't care about 4v4 rankings but I'm 27 on OKW. Need I say more? You obviously don't do your research and just want to rant when you can't win.

3v3 and 4v4 are Axis gamemodes because they are much more forgiving and you can rely on teammates on most of the map. Try to play 2v2 as Ost or OKW, its such pain.
12 Feb 2016, 00:34 AM

People might be getting different results when weapon crews are manned by other squads.

Would that cause the crews to do more damage?

Cuz no joke I had a rear echelon squad with a mine sweeper flank and MG and the MG's crew killed my rears.

As for SU vs Ostheer the massive amount of members in crew teams has always been a problem. I mean that's pretty much the match up. Rifle grenades do meh against them but against other factions are insane. It's just Ostheer was designed to fight the crap ton of infantry SU has, and has always had a rough time with it. Then this design carries over to why Ostheer can be overwhelming in some areas to other factions.
12 Feb 2016, 01:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Would that cause the crews to do more damage?

Cuz no joke I had a rear echelon squad with a mine sweeper flank and MG and the MG's crew killed my rears.

As for SU vs Ostheer the massive amount of members in crew teams has always been a problem. I mean that's pretty much the match up. Rifle grenades do meh against them but against other factions are insane. It's just Ostheer was designed to fight the crap ton of infantry SU has, and has always had a rough time with it. Then this design carries over to why Ostheer can be overwhelming in some areas to other factions.

Yes. Recrewing a weapon eliminates inherits it's stats (both offensive and defensively) that are apply to each model (not the squad). This also affects the reinforce cost although.

Notice that only the original crew of a weapon get's the +25% received accuracy.
12 Feb 2016, 01:24 AM

It's retarded that the 120mm mortar gets to just tilt up that huge toob & run off.(With one model left)

I think the rest of their support weapons are ok tho.
12 Feb 2016, 01:25 AM

I dont feel like having 6 people is a problem, more when you know that maxims cant retreat under heavy fire since they have to carry it like an AT gun (if the model carring it dies, the hole squad stops retreating until new one gets it again), and if im serious, when i pick a maxim as axis, its feels like weak just having 4 men, only good on houses and even then i would rather have an mg34/42. What can i say, i cant find any way to say that this is unbalanced, its just an special fact of this faction, like USF decrews or OKW vets to 5.
12 Feb 2016, 02:41 AM

The issue with Maxim is set up time. Increase arc to M2 level and give it set up time of MG42.
12 Feb 2016, 03:37 AM

Can we not forget the fact that ost and okw both have easy ass ways to clear soviet team weapons with the rifle grenade AND incendiary grenades?
Not to mention maxims have that retarded bug with crew running back to retrieve the gun if one of them dies

Fix that bug, then maybe we can talk about maxims having 4 men.
12 Feb 2016, 05:34 AM
Patrion 14

I need to go make my own thread "Why doesn't MG42 have the same firing cone as Maxim? It doesn't make sense."

And yes, you seem to be a raging Axis fanboi. 21 posts, brand new account and 2 threads on identical topics. Someone else going to chime in here?

yea, the 6 man crew does not seem broken or unnecessary at all to me. its one of sov's strength.
12 Feb 2016, 05:38 AM

Play game please, this situation is not common of course but happens quite often (especially with Ost units). Sometimes while 4-5 of weapon crew members can hit model and kill it. DPS based on accuracy mostly because weapon crews use same mosin as conscripts.

OR here is another idea, if you reinforce your support weapon with conscripts or pick up weapon with conscripts, your whole 6 men crew will be conscripts, with conscripts damage.

So before using your "on paper" arguments go and play game, please.

I literally never experienced that. Pioneers at mid range kills Soviet crew members before they can even dent their health bar. Grens losing models "quite often"? As someone who mains Ostheer, I daresay you were either very unlucky or apply selective perception. Soviets crews are unable to truly defend themselves and take 25% more weapons damage than any other infantry. That's not a question of perception, that's pure and simple math. There is no issue with Soviet 6 men crews.
12 Feb 2016, 06:19 AM

Just out of curiosity, if you spammed Maxims and recrewed with Conscripts, wouldn't that give you the potential to have an extremely cheap Con reinforce price? You could run around with squads that are effectively five Cons and a Maxim but have the Maxim reinforcement price.

Or am I misunderstanding and the reinforcement price is not inherited by capturing a weapon?
12 Feb 2016, 07:19 AM

6 people does not mean better.
a simple example: the Soviet mortar against the German (6 vs 4)
if they start shooting at each other at the same time, in most cases, German win

often using mortar
12 Feb 2016, 08:10 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Just out of curiosity, if you spammed Maxims and recrewed with Conscripts, wouldn't that give you the potential to have an extremely cheap Con reinforce price? You could run around with squads that are effectively five Cons and a Maxim but have the Maxim reinforcement price.

Or am I misunderstanding and the reinforcement price is not inherited by capturing a weapon?

No, that would be about mostly correct. Units recrewing keep their previous entity stats along with their base weapons when they become part of a weapon team. Their reinforce also remains the same so a conscript on a Maxim, ATG, Pak 43, or just about any weapon in the game would still cost 20 manpower to reinforce.

The only exceptions are IS, PGs, Sturms, Falls, and Obers who have not yet been properly adjusted in their entity cost to account for the changes and it would only take a simple upgrade to ensure their current price remains, even when the entity cost is changed.
12 Feb 2016, 15:05 PM

3v3 and 4v4 are Axis gamemodes because they are much more forgiving and you can rely on teammates on most of the map. Try to play 2v2 as Ost or OKW, its such pain.

Well, please see that i'm directing my post to OP since he likes to have a fake playercard, attack other players for being good, and doesn't check his facts. If you also haven't noticed, he created 2 posts for the same topic. Talk about whining. He probably created this account for the sole purpose of trolling everyone with how few posts he has. Are YOU still going to back him because it sure sounds like it.

Again, this maxim has been around since release and there's been NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO buff for it for a couple months if not more. Why is it a problem now? Maybe people didn't use maxims so much. Maybe because they have to deal with blobby OKW where penals, cons, mortars, and AT guns don't mean much to volks because they had damage increase and full resources. volks beat cons and penals. they're mobile so mortars are useless without pinning them down with an mg. m3 will get rekt by shrek. snipers will just get pushed by infantry blob. only viable strategy against OKW.

For OST, they'll get punished through mortar or sniper.

We can wait for patch to see if anything changes. I'll place a bet that no changes will be made to Maxim and we'll all have debated over this for nothing.
12 Feb 2016, 15:26 PM

Again, this maxim has been around since release and there's been NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO buff for it for a couple months if not more. Why is it a problem now?

Because there was a change to OKW, which made Kubel much more potent and volks stronger then cons, sturmpios also got some considerable cost effectiveness buff and OKW got free 100 mp at start more then other armies.

This has led to rapidly diminishing usefulness of cons, relic tried to offset this with vet3 buff, but all it did was to make ppsh upgrade less horrible, stock cons without doctrinal support were still poop in uniform with a slingshot.

Soviet players adapted and switched from underpowered cons(rolled over by volks, rolled over by grens, outscaled and eventually rolled over by osttruppen) to maxims as axis light vehicles arrived too early for T1 to be viable any longer.

Maxims were always strong vs OKW and fine vs ost, but due to volks buffs and okw revamp, soviet mainline inf was no longer a valid choice.

The butterfly effect of CoH2, where because of huge OKW buffs and adapting soviets, now everyone thinks soviets are OP again, which isn't really the case, its cons and penals who are UP in relation to volks and grens :romeoPro:
12 Feb 2016, 15:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2016, 15:26 PMKatitof

Because there was a change to OKW, which made Kubel much more potent and volks stronger then cons, sturmpios also got some considerable cost effectiveness buff and OKW got free 100 mp at start more then other armies.

This has led to rapidly diminishing usefulness of cons, relic tried to offset this with vet3 buff, but all it did was to make ppsh upgrade less horrible, stock cons without doctrinal support were still poop in uniform with a slingshot.

Soviet players adapted and switched from underpowered cons(rolled over by volks, rolled over by grens, outscaled and eventually rolled over by osttruppen) to maxims as axis light vehicles arrived too early for T1 to be viable any longer.

Maxims were always strong vs OKW and fine vs ost, but due to volks buffs and okw revamp, soviet mainline inf was no longer a valid choice.

The butterfly effect of CoH2, where because of huge OKW buffs and adapting soviets, now everyone thinks soviets are OP again, which isn't really the case, its cons and penals who are UP in relation to volks and grens :romeoPro:

Haha well played. You Remind me of an girlfriend i had, she could twist every Word i said into the direct Opposite.
12 Feb 2016, 16:34 PM

whitesky00, Your bias and personal feelings do not allow for a fruitful, peaceful discussion. You have around 1400 games as USF/SU and only 7 games as axis.

Can you stop posting in this thread please? Or at least tone down your militant attitude.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★