Login

russian armor

New British Helms Deep commanders

10 Feb 2016, 23:40 PM

Wow, still no new Ostheer commander?

Never forget... :( https://www.coh2.org/topic/48977/new-commander-terror-doctrine

...But who cares about Ostheer, it's only one of the game's core factions. :foreveralone:
10 Feb 2016, 23:42 PM

Never forget... :( https://www.coh2.org/topic/48977/new-commander-terror-doctrine

...But who cares about Ostheer, it's only one of the game's core factions. :foreveralone:

It also has three times the numbers of commanders of other factions and more viable ones. (Same goes for Soviets)
10 Feb 2016, 23:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 23:42 PMDoggo

It also has three times the numbers of commanders of other factions and more viable ones. (Same goes for Soviets)

Three times the number of scrambled abilities thrown into a basket :megusta:
10 Feb 2016, 23:57 PM
Benefactor 115

I wish Relic would address the problems with the core armies instead of patching over the weaknesses with more commanders.
11 Feb 2016, 00:04 AM

"Its not p2w, you can get them warspoiled"

Its starting to be their theme
11 Feb 2016, 01:42 AM

Starting to?
11 Feb 2016, 01:45 AM

new commanders picture are horrible

Maybe the old artists left.
11 Feb 2016, 02:11 AM

Infiltration Commandos and flamethrower Royal Engineers? UKF will be literally unbeatable on urban maps unless you go hardcore infantry spam
11 Feb 2016, 02:30 AM

inb4 counter-battery is just precision shot with more shells. :snfBarton:
11 Feb 2016, 03:38 AM

is this a joke?
11 Feb 2016, 04:11 AM

Infiltration Commandos and flamethrower Royal Engineers? UKF will be literally unbeatable on urban maps unless you go hardcore infantry spam

Honestly, the least of your problems with the increased fortifications of the Bofor. It was already 1000 health, the equivalent of 4000 health when braced...

Think about it with the increased fortifications...

Those people that didn't listen to me with my railway artillery rework...

It was only a matter of time...

They know why now...
11 Feb 2016, 04:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 23:14 PMTNrg

Did you know that the british attacked germans in Europe with mortar pits and bofors barrages from their little island? :megusta:

Underrated post :D
OOK
11 Feb 2016, 06:26 AM

Short version at bottom

I just wish the old armies had more commanders with some kinda theme in mind that allows them to play distinctly different than normal. The ol' hodge podge method was fine in the beginning but now we have a bunch of commaders whose abilities are totally forgotten or outright broken. Also some have redudnant artillery abities?

I mean look at defensive commander for ost. Has to spend 2/5 slots getting abilties available for USF and UKF from the get go, trenches and tank traps. Oh but wait there's more! Gotta get two cps before even those become available. Congrats Ost you have almost as much utilty as new factions inf!

Sector artillery is a relic, no not the studio. While practically all others have a consistent pattern, it has to rely on the janky district map that determines cutoffs. Heaven help ya if you click slightly off and land on a vp.

Arty officer is a similar state. Concentrated fire is more expensive and way less effective than landing officer's heroic charge(Ost 15% acc vs. Brit 40% plus oorah!). His actual arty abiltiy requires an investment in static positions or t4 werfers to be worth anything, while plenty of units can now call it from on high for less muni. And his smoke takes far too long to fall in an era where so many of the newer vehs and inf have access to it non-doc.

It's also frustrating that the huge gaping hole in Ostheer that is the heavy veh./light tank is only filled through one commander while every other army has not just one but multiple units that play important role in the mid game, before the real tanks roll out.

The meta has forced Ost to play the same "survive teh!veh rush!" gameplay for so long now that all else in their arsenal grows cobwebs...*(

TL;DR

Ost and Sovs have so few commander with abilitiy to change their playstyle as drastically as newer ones
Ost has doctrines with many broken, severly mismatched abilities compared to newer variants
Meta has forced players to focus on veh play while ignoring long forgotten abilities, doctrines, and units
11 Feb 2016, 10:03 AM

UKF was designed around effective and smart use of emplacements and turtling gameplay, however relic nerfed emplacements into shit and made them useless. This is a great addition and a welcome change. Thumbs up.

Anyone calling it P2W needs to calm down and autodesalinate.
11 Feb 2016, 11:01 AM

im really happy that they adding new stuff to the game and im seriously dont understand people who dont like it :loco: . I live in Poland and 4 euro its not cheap for me but im working so its ok But when i see complaining people from for example Germany were euro is 'cheaper' i guess its not big deal for them to buy something for 4 euro in my opinion but i cant be wrong. U say p2w ? Old commanders looks more OP . Please people stop complanig and be happy that this game is still alife :snfQuinn:
11 Feb 2016, 11:12 AM

im really happy that they adding new stuff to the game and im seriously dont understand people who dont like it :loco: . I live in Poland and 4 euro its not cheap for me but im working so its ok But when i see complaining people from for example Germany were euro is 'cheaper' i guess its not big deal for them to buy something for 4 euro in my opinion but i cant be wrong. U say p2w ? Old commanders looks more OP . Please people stop complanig and be happy that this game is still alife :snfQuinn:

and again and again. its not about the money, its not about how much money it is, it is about principles that everyone (INCLUDING MY ENEMY) has the same fucking chance to win. not more not less it just tips games in the favor of one side just because he 1) got lucky with warspoil (lol still almost 500 hours now and 3 commander drops) or 2) he paid real life money to have an advantage.
11 Feb 2016, 11:16 AM

Do you guys really expect Relic to release content for free? They do have bills to pay too, you know.
11 Feb 2016, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 21:09 PMButcher

Emplacements have no fucking place in this game. It is about combined arms, mobility and flanking. Not sitting on your lazy ass.

Emplacements have every right to exist,if you stay in the past and don't adapt that's your problem.

(Emplacements require combined arms to even be viable but people like you couldn't care less about it)
11 Feb 2016, 13:52 PM

Well basically this is Lelic idea of how to win as UKF at Kholodny Ferma and Semoisky. People complain about UKF anti building, sure let's give em a P2W commander for that.
11 Feb 2016, 14:05 PM

new commanders picture are horrible

Mobile assault commander looks like Trump :snfPeter:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment