Login

russian armor

Land Matress Commander

10 Feb 2016, 23:17 PM

My gosh... the amount of people who already have played with these commanders is really high.
Or maybe it's just amount of sillines? B-)

Yea, I used this commander on a custom game. Apparently infantry section was replaced with okw's obers with infrared stgs.
10 Feb 2016, 23:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Let's give inf sections cover bonuses while they stand out of cover.

#makesense

#soundslegit

#brilliantdesignidea

sections wouldnt and dont actually get a bonus.

As it is right now, Sections get debuffed out of cover, and are simply normal in cover, not buffed.

Like ciez said, Its an active ability not passive which means you have to time it properly when you want to use it, and use however much munitions each time. Which isn't that overpowered if you think about it.

I'd imagine With this ability active, they would use the normal cover bonus(which is not a bonus, its just removing the penalties they have out of cover which are massive)which would make them simply become a normal infantry squad, basically buffed grens, out of cover, for a duration of time, of course, and buffed more in cover.

So, Really it wouldn't be any more of a "brillantly designed legit idea that makes no sense" than the 'Assault' ability for sections from commando doctrine, infact it would just perform a different role, for a different doctrine. though I still dont think using bolt action rifle section squads with shit moving accuracy in the open would make a whole lot of sense, or be overly powerful, even with this ability. Sections would still be best used from cover most likely......

#Themoreyouknow #youshouldactuallyplayandlearnbasicthingsaboutthegame 4Head
10 Feb 2016, 23:31 PM

sections wouldnt and dont actually get a bonus.

As it is right now, Sections get debuffed out of cover, and are simply normal in cover, not buffed.

Like ciez said, Its an active ability not passive which means you have to time it properly when you want to use it, and use however much munitions each time. Which isn't that overpowered if you think about it.

I'd imagine With this ability active, they would use the normal cover bonus(which is not a bonus, its just removing the penalties they have out of cover which are massive)which would make them simply become a normal infantry squad, basically buffed grens, out of cover, for a duration of time, of course, and buffed more in cover.

So, Really it wouldn't be any more of a "brillantly designed legit idea that makes no sense" than the 'Assault' ability for sections from commando doctrine, infact it would just perform a different role, for a different doctrine. though I still dont think using bolt action rifle section squads with shit moving accuracy in the open would make a whole lot of sense, or be overly powerful, even with this ability. Sections would still be best used from cover most likely......

#Themoreyouknow #youshouldactuallyplayandlearnbasicthingsaboutthegame 4Head

Are there patch notes out already?
10 Feb 2016, 23:39 PM

Well, gotta indeed play this first to pass judgement, but...yes, I reckon Ostheer will likely have an even harder time to cope with this than it already has in general. Imagine the synergy between an AEC push and Commandos to mop up Paks, any support weapons, etc.
11 Feb 2016, 00:05 AM

Well, gotta indeed play this first to pass judgement, but...yes, I reckon Ostheer will likely have an even harder time to cope with this than it already has in general. Imagine the synergy between an AEC push and Commandos to mop up Paks, any support weapons, etc.

This. AEC with commandos will rape all ostheers support weapons to pieces. And if you try to avoid commando ambush by garrison land matress or flame engineers will get you.

This commander mitigates ALL big weaknesses of brits. Makes them much more offensive early and mid and excellent garrison / fortification cleaning. Then comes late game and strong brittish tanks.

Tally-ho!
11 Feb 2016, 00:08 AM

The only skill i really fear its the one that allows infantryq sections to yolocover and actually blob without problems
11 Feb 2016, 00:11 AM

Watch out guys, cuddletronic its actually checking this threat
11 Feb 2016, 00:35 AM

I can't believe how many people honestly think advanced cover is a passive ability. :loco:
11 Feb 2016, 00:51 AM

I need to see the buffs they gave to Ostheer...

No seriously, they had to have...

Wait...

You mean they just gave the Brits all this overpowered sh-...

It's been a good run Ostheer...

It really has.

11 Feb 2016, 01:03 AM

Yeah admittedly kinda had an aneurism when I saw the new commanders but hope Relic releases the stats and what exactly the commander units/abilites do. Would give the community more info and reduce the OMFG RELIC P2W!?! SDSAQDSADASDSAD which I had was part for a few minutes
11 Feb 2016, 02:22 AM

The anti ostheer commander...
11 Feb 2016, 02:24 AM

This commander on La Gleize
11 Feb 2016, 03:27 AM

If I recall correctly Kyle said something to the effect of "The Land Mattress was shooting rockets everywhere" it made it sound as if it had pretty bad scatter (unless he was just being Kyle-like and firing it at max range when he was testing it lol). Makes me speculate that it's more of a "force you to move" type arty closer to 25 pounders than the death rain of P Werfers and CalliOP. That and the low CP suggests its more of a Pack Howie super barrage type deal.

Still, looks like a pretty well-rounded commander that if anything will be useful on urban maps. On the bright side OKW can always use For the Fatherland to counter the Tactical Cover Bonus :P
11 Feb 2016, 03:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Unless Cruzz is wrong, they get 0.9 RA while in cover.
11 Feb 2016, 03:59 AM

land mattress is the british's revenge for the nebelwrefer in coh1.

on a more serious note, the doctrine looks fine as long as the details are ironed out. Land mattress look a bit too early at 5 cp.
11 Feb 2016, 04:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

im talking about the weapon bonus not their received accuracy..
11 Feb 2016, 04:12 AM

royal engineers with a flamethrower? hmm.. in bundle includes a kangaroo Churchill?

11 Feb 2016, 04:19 AM

where did he said tommies get .9 in cover?
11 Feb 2016, 04:27 AM

MeH only playing allies anyway atm so I couldnt Care less
11 Feb 2016, 05:26 AM

I'm so sick of playing 2v2 as OKW and looking over to see my Ostheer teammate has NO infantry and FIVE panzerwerfers...

This is gonna make things a lot worse.

Why is it Relic can't design good balance? Do they do it on purpose with the idea that controversy and drama creates excitement? It's incredible. Really is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 48
Poland 12
United States 16
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %