Login

russian armor

[Patch] February

11 Feb 2016, 01:34 AM

Not to mention that by virtue of 6 men crews and faster pack-up/set up ie. the Maxim is harder to flank and to wipe than is ie. the 42.

Deathloop says your wrong. Fix that and maybe. Also they maybe faster but it has to be with the narrow cone of fire. Much easier to flank then the MG42. I have seen triple MG42 used effectively in aggressive play with an engineer spotter to completely pin split units. Hard to flank over 200 degrees of overlapping MG fire.
11 Feb 2016, 01:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 01:34 AMGumboot

Deathloop says your wrong. Fix that and maybe. Also they maybe faster but it has to be with the narrow cone of fire. Much easier to flank then the MG42. I have seen triple MG42 used effectively in aggressive play with an engineer spotter to completely pin split units. Hard to flank over 200 degrees of overlapping MG fire.
Who? And in what gamemode?
I literally never have seen anyone do that, and I've played this game too much. Maybe 15 patches ago with instasetup you could make this work, right now you can't. People maximspam. They don't spam 42s. There is a reason for that.
11 Feb 2016, 03:43 AM

i think this will be another mediocre kyle gameplay and nothing else :D

By mediocre you mean oblivious and Freakin sitting on 1000+ munitions right. <444>_<444>
11 Feb 2016, 08:34 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

Can someone pls explain what we have to do, when we have to play, etc, to win these P2W commanders?

Make War Not Love 3 begins Feb. 14th 10AM PST and end Feb. 20th 10AM PST. Kyle said all you have to do is playing 1 automatch game per day so 6 games over 6 days.
11 Feb 2016, 09:21 AM

Difference being of course that no Allied faction actually crutches on support weapons and has much less fragile squads in general. ;)

We're going to pretend soviets don't spam maxims every game now and UKF doesn't heavily rely on HMGs and ATGs? :snfPeter:
11 Feb 2016, 09:37 AM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 09:21 AMKatitof

We're going to pretend soviets don't spam maxims every game now and UKF doesn't heavily rely on HMGs and ATGs? :snfPeter:

11 Feb 2016, 09:47 AM

UKF was designed around effective and smart use of emplacement and turtling gameplay, however relic nerfed emplacement into shit and made them useless.

This is a great addition and a welcome change. Thumbs up.

Anyone calling it P2W needs to grow the fuck up.
11 Feb 2016, 12:59 PM

UKF was designed around effective and smart use of emplacement and turtling gameplay, however relic nerfed emplacement into shit and made them useless.

This is a great addition and a welcome change. Thumbs up.

Anyone calling it P2W needs to grow the fuck up.

Before the nerf is was quite simple:

do they attack my emplacemeent ? yes ? BRACE no CD

they don't ? lets keep firing

Where is the "smart" part here ?

And please, if you use a fake playercard image signature, try to improve your paint skill. the 2v2 fake 1 rank is not even aligned with the 0 at bottom xD
11 Feb 2016, 13:03 PM

Banned

I hope this is b8 m8 cause this is not true :D

I'm top 200 player in 2v2 brits (this is solely information, I don't want to say that I'm good or so), and I almost never loose my emplacements and son, they do work for me. A well placed (behind trees - buildings - ...) - not aggressive mortar pit or bofor can do so much work. Really dude, if you think emplacements are useless now, you have no idea.
11 Feb 2016, 13:08 PM

These commanders are P2Patch :snfPeter:
11 Feb 2016, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 12:59 PMBlalord

Where is the "smart" part here ?
You have to answer these questions smartly before building any emplacements;

-Is there any chance that my opponent would build 2x ISGs? Does he have enough manpower? What is his build order?

- Is it early enough to position them it super aggressively? Or no, he has the counters ready or could get them at the blink of an eye?

- Can a single volk reach it and incnade it?

- Am I going to need the stand fast ability?

- When and where to build the FRP so they could receive their garrison bonus? Is it worth the risk?
11 Feb 2016, 14:27 PM
Donator 11

You have to answer these questions smartly before building any emplacements;

-Is there any chance that my opponent would build 2x ISGs? Does he have enough manpower? What is his build order?

- Is it early enough to position them it super aggressively? Or no, he has the counters ready or could get them at the blink of an eye?

- Can a single volk reach it and incnade it?

- Am I going to need the stand fast ability?

- When and where to build the FRP so they could receive their garrison bonus? Is it worth the risk?

Can i build 1 more volk?

Can i support more than 8 volks?

Do i have enough munition income to equip them all with pshrecks?

Can i a move my way to base?

All these smart tactics and thoughts are needed to use volks effectively. :luvCarrot:

11 Feb 2016, 14:41 PM

[code][/code]
These commanders are P2Patch :snfPeter:

pretty much. Why patch something when you can sell the cure for 3.99 a pop XD
11 Feb 2016, 14:48 PM

It works for Fallshrimjeagers.

I actually also hate Falls, and think as they currently operate they are outside the COH style. However, the Falls commander is not anti support weapons which is clearly what the Brit commander with call-in commandos will be. I don't think that is necessarily a problem after AEC nerf, but I just would prefer that one player not be able to defeat well thought out defensive play by simply calling a unit in right behind a critical MG. It should require more thought than that. Please don't say mines, I am tired of being told to mine every potential building exit on the map to prevent being flanked by someone who cannot do so and just simply clicks a button.

Even if this is balanced I don't find it fun for COH style gameplay.
11 Feb 2016, 14:52 PM

I actually also hate Falls, and think as they currently operate they are outside the COH style. However, the Falls commander is not anti support weapons which is clearly what the Brit commander with call-in commandos will be. I don't think that is necessarily a problem after AEC nerf, but I just would prefer that one player not be able to defeat well thought out defensive play by simply calling a unit in right behind a critical MG. It should require more thought than that. Please don't say mines, I am tired of being told to mine every potential building exit on the map to prevent being flanked by someone who cannot do so and just simply clicks a button.

Even if this is balanced I don't find it fun for COH style gameplay.

they could just make them para-shoot in? Would be more realistic, counterable and useful for the player when there are no ambient buildings.
11 Feb 2016, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 14:52 PMGrim

they could just make them para-shoot in? Would be more realistic, counterable and useful for the player when there are no ambient buildings.

I never understood why Fallschirm (parachute)Jägers are spawning out of buildings. Doenst make any sense except of hurr durr airborne squads are there for doing stuff in the backline and thus can be hidding in every possible building on the map..
11 Feb 2016, 16:08 PM

I never understood why Fallschirm (parachute)Jägers are spawning out of buildings. Doenst make any sense except of hurr durr airborne squads are there for doing stuff in the backline and thus can be hidding in every possible building on the map..

Maybe, just maybe, because historically the concept of german airborne troops was scrapped completely and fallshirms were just another (mechanized) infantry. You know, losing air superiority, casualty rates of falls etc.

So, what it actually doesn't make sense is for them to BE delivered anywhere by plane in late war MP setting.
11 Feb 2016, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 16:08 PMKatitof

Maybe, just maybe, because historically the concept of german airborne troops was scrapped completely and fallshirms were just another (mechanized) infantry. You know, losing air superiority, casualty rates of falls etc.

So, what it actually doesn't make sense is for them to BE delivered anywhere by plane in late war MP setting.

Damn you owned me again
11 Feb 2016, 18:11 PM

I'm with you on that one. While it is indeed historically accurate that towards the end of the war, airborne troops were used more as regular infantry, I would still rather them have to parachute in from a gameplay perspective. I'm just not a fan of having units randomly spawn from buildings behind the front lines.
11 Feb 2016, 18:43 PM

Tbh the portraits of new UKF commanders are ugly af
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 745
unknown 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %